Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Freddie "The Mouth" Mitchell given his walking papers (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/6198-freddie-mouth-mitchell-given-his-walking.html)

Mattyk 05-06-2005 04:13 PM

Freddie "The Mouth" Mitchell given his walking papers

[url="http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3596694"]http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3596694[/url]

Let's all say a prayer right now that he doesn't come anywhere near D.C.

I really can't see Gibbs being interested in a guy like this...

but with the Redskins you can never rule anything out.

PSUskinsfan11 05-06-2005 04:51 PM

Re: Freddie "The Mouth" Mitchell given his walking papers

Mr. Snyder,

If your sign Freddie Mitchell I will not watch a game until he is gone.

Thanks,

Vince

skinsfanthru&thru 05-06-2005 05:06 PM

:laughing2 couldn't have happened to a more talentless(not to mention classless) guy.
As much as I wanted Mike Williams on the team, I want Mitchell as far away from the Redskins as possible so many times more that I'd break the zero button from over use.

Riggo44 05-06-2005 05:37 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Do not even think about it Danny boy. :nono:

:httr:

wolfeskins 05-06-2005 05:40 PM

the eagles need a wr and the skins are trying to get rid of one,...hmmmmm.
what do you all think? is it even worth talking about? gardner to the eagles:pi_lightb

jrocx69 05-06-2005 05:51 PM

i seen on the nfl channel ...(that short italian reporter) saying that washington could very well be a destination for this moron. and knowing we all pretty much watch that channel, that italian guy doesnt blow smoke up alot of asses...so IMO it is worth talking about

Hijinx 05-06-2005 06:02 PM

Quick someone hide Danny's checkbook.:nono:

SmootSmack 05-06-2005 06:03 PM

[QUOTE=wolfeskins]the eagles need a wr and the skins are trying to get rid of one,...hmmmmm.
what do you all think? is it even worth talking about? gardner to the eagles:pi_lightb[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same exact thing for a minute...but then I thought we're not here to help the Eagles. The Eagles probably need a WR more than we need to get rid of Gardner so no I wouldn't do it

EEich 05-06-2005 06:19 PM

Sure... let Gardner be the Eagles problem.
Maybe he'll be 25/75 in a green jersey.

azskinsfan2 05-06-2005 06:21 PM

No way should we send Gardner to the Iggles. Everytime one of ours goes to the Iggles, they bite us in the ass twice a year!!! We definitely don't need someone like Mitchell on the Skins either. He's about the farthest away you could get to being a Gibbs type player!!
With the Iggles getting rid of him, does this sound like they are planning on T.O. playing this year? Or getting rid of two malcontents and having a whole new receiving corps?? Would be nice for us!!

PSUSkinsFan21 05-06-2005 06:32 PM

[QUOTE=wolfeskins]the eagles need a wr and the skins are trying to get rid of one,...hmmmmm.
what do you all think? is it even worth talking about? gardner to the eagles:pi_lightb[/QUOTE]

There is an interesting irony here because the Eagles were dying to get Gardner in that year's draft. When we took him a few spots in front of them, they went to plan B and drafted Fraudy Mitchell. Let's hope things don't come full circle now.

As for Fraud Ex coming to the skins: None of it would make sense to me. I can't even see how he'd make the team. Without question Moss, Patten, Jacobs, and Thrash would be ahead of him on the depth chart, and I would hold McCants in a much higher regard as well. I just don't see what spot he would fill given our current WR corp.? Not to mention his attitude sucks and he's an absolute joke. I've never seen a guy celebrate a 7 yard out on 4th and 8 like Mitchell can. Seriously, the guy is pure trash.

Of course I also said that there was "no chance we would draft Campbell", so really what the heck do I know?

wolfeskins 05-06-2005 06:46 PM

[QUOTE=TAFKAS]I was thinking the same exact thing for a minute...but then I thought we're not here to help the Eagles. The Eagles probably need a WR more than we need to get rid of Gardner so no I wouldn't do it[/QUOTE]

i agree with you. i was just thinking it would be nice to TRADE gardner to a team that needed a wr and would be willing to give up a draft pick for him. the eagles seem logical because of the release of mitchell and the t.o situation. if the skins could trade him for a 4th round pick plus gain an exta 2 mil. in cap space that would be great but i think the skins are prolly going to just cut him or maybe only get a 7th round pick for him.

mooby 05-06-2005 08:25 PM

yeah his interest around the league has gone way down. i wouldn't be suprised if the skins did sign mitchell. but i wouldn't trade gardner to the eagles. he is just reaching his prime and i wouldn't be suprised if he had a breakout season next year with a new team. we have a long history of giving up players who we thought were spent, then they go somewhere else and are rejuvenated. we get rid of brad johnson, then he goes and wins a superbowl for the bucs. i could see gardner being the latest in this trend.

Mattyk 05-06-2005 08:32 PM

If we needed a WR we would have taken one in the draft, I think Gibbs is set at WR.

Of course anytime someone comes available, the Redskins are going to be mentioned as a possible destination.

I was listening to Chris Landry today on Fox radio and he was asked where he thinks Mitchell may end up, he mentioned possibly Denver but nothing about the Skins.