Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Number changes (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=6221)

PSUskinsfan11 05-10-2005 12:06 AM

Number changes

[url]http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=1112[/url]

Well Sean Taylor did change his number to 21 and Barrow changed to 58. Looks like I will be buying another jersey

heybigstar 05-10-2005 01:21 AM

Re: Number changes

If we bought a Sean Taylor #36 jersey, can we trade it in for a #21?
That would be some bull***t if we couldnt and i would see that as a slap
in the face from Dan Snyder.

saden1 05-10-2005 01:39 AM

#36 will have more value down the road as it is his rookie number. Of course this depends on whether he changes his bloody mind again. You never know with the tosser.

Gmanc711 05-10-2005 08:28 AM

Yeah it really pisses me off that he changed it, after I went out and bought the 36 jersey. Thats two jerseys I have that have totaly become worthless to me right now (Coles and Taylor). I still have Ramsey and Arrington, but who knows whats going to happen with either of them.....The only player whos jersey I would buy this year is Jansens.

TheMalcolmConnection 05-10-2005 08:31 AM

[QUOTE=heybigstar]If we bought a Sean Taylor #36 jersey, can we trade it in for a #21?
in the face from Dan Snyder.[/QUOTE]

It's not Dan's fault Sean wanted a change. :)

MTK 05-10-2005 08:46 AM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]It's not Dan's fault Sean wanted a change. :)[/QUOTE]

You're right, it's not Danny's fault, it's Vinnie's!!

;)

TheMalcolmConnection 05-10-2005 08:54 AM

That's right! Vinnie IS the Redskins' scapegoat!

SKINSnCANES 05-10-2005 09:20 AM

haha, vinny doesnt pick the players, he just picks their numbers ;)

MTK 05-10-2005 09:55 AM

When in doubt, blame Vinny.

Taylor's number changes are annoying, but in the end as long as he plays his ass off on the field that's all I care about.

Then again, if I had a #36 Taylor jersey I might feel a bit different!

FRPLG 05-10-2005 09:59 AM

I don't care what the hell his number is as long as he gets his head on straight, does the nature thing and quits his bitching and moaning. Time to grow up Mr. Taylor. Maybe getting Freddie's old number will wear some maturity off on him.

Daseal 05-10-2005 10:12 AM

I think it will only hurt Taylor hoenstly. I wanted to get his jersey, but now I'm a bit reluctant!

Skinsfanforlife 05-10-2005 10:37 AM

[QUOTE=heybigstar]If we bought a Sean Taylor #36 jersey, can we trade it in for a #21?
in the face from Dan Snyder.[/QUOTE]

There is no way on earth Dan "money hungry" Snyder is going to do that. Sorry dude he is just not going to do it.

Skinsfanforlife 05-10-2005 10:41 AM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]When in doubt, blame Vinny.

Taylor's number changes are annoying, but in the end as long as he plays his ass off on the field that's all I care about.

Then again, if I had a #36 Taylor jersey I might feel a bit different![/QUOTE]

Old one eye is always who I blame first................He can't even look someone in the eyes when he's talking to them. You just can't have respect for a guy like that. I know that's wrong but, I just can't

skinsguy 05-10-2005 12:32 PM

I usually like to wait a few years before I buy a player's jersey. Of course, it might be harder to find a Doug Williams #17...especially if Jason gets into the game and becomes the man!

steveo395 05-10-2005 02:58 PM

how much does it cost to change a jersey nameplate

TheMalcolmConnection 05-10-2005 03:16 PM

I'm going to start blaming Rosenhaus for everything. He's a better scapegoat than Cerrato or Snyder.

mooby 05-10-2005 04:31 PM

i only have an arrington jersey. the only reason i got it was because i thought arrington was gonna play for us for the rest of his career. hopefully he doesn't get traded. and if you have a #36 taylor jersey keep it, because if he gets into the hof one day it might be worth a lot of money because that was his rookie number.

dieselhog 05-11-2005 01:56 AM

Anyone out there who bought a Taylor jersey 'last time' it was changed to 21 and got refunds?

How do you feel?

:mad:

RedskinRat 05-11-2005 01:09 PM

[QUOTE=steveo395]how much does it cost to change a jersey nameplate[/QUOTE]
I think I paid about $15 for Chick's (Woodland Hills, CA) to do mine.

I still have yet to get my Bailey changed to Springs and Smoot to Taylor.

I'll be painful when I do.

BossHog 05-12-2005 11:51 AM

[QUOTE=RedskinRat]I think I paid about $15 for Chick's (Woodland Hills, CA) to do mine. I still have yet to get my Bailey changed to Springs and Smoot to Taylor. I'll be painful when I do.[/QUOTE]
You guys are killing me. Let's petition the sale of Taylor's number 21 jersey and buy up all the Smoot clearance jerseys. And wear a jacket so no one will know if it's "up-to-date" or not. Hey you! Yes you. The guy wearing the B. Johnson jersey... :oink: