Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Why doesn't... (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/6224-why-doesnt.html)

Daseal 05-10-2005 11:24 AM

Why doesn't...

The NFL make the Pats go to INDY in one of these regular season games? Both playoff games they played in NE, which is how it works, but is it necessary to play two regular season games in two years in NE also?

TheMalcolmConnection 05-10-2005 11:55 AM

Re: Why doesn't...

Speaking of unnecessary, why is the NFL Network "Game of the Week" ALWAYS Indy or NE or GB? Have you seen ONE Skins game on there?

Redskins_P 05-10-2005 11:58 AM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]Speaking of unnecessary, why is the NFL Network "Game of the Week" ALWAYS Indy or NE or GB? Have you seen ONE Skins game on there?[/QUOTE]

I think they have our week 1 win against Tampa and that's it.

Mattyk 05-10-2005 12:01 PM

When the Skins are a playoff contender, we just might see them more on the game of the week.

firstdown 05-10-2005 12:02 PM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]Speaking of unnecessary, why is the NFL Network "Game of the Week" ALWAYS Indy or NE or GB? Have you seen ONE Skins game on there?[/QUOTE]I think it has to do with our record and the fact that we did not have an upset game like beating the Eagles or Stealers. Maybe next year.

sportscurmudgeon 05-10-2005 01:01 PM

Malcom:

Which one of the great Skins' games from last year would you categorize as a "Game of the Week" if you worked for NFL Network?

TheMalcolmConnection 05-10-2005 01:07 PM

Many of them compared to some of the BS games they NORMALLY play on there...

TheMalcolmConnection 05-10-2005 01:08 PM

I knew that was coming, but if you look at a lot of the "Games of the Week" they are anything but.

SkinsRock 05-10-2005 02:25 PM

[QUOTE=Daseal]The NFL make the Pats go to INDY in one of these regular season games? Both playoff games they played in NE, which is how it works, but is it necessary to play two regular season games in two years in NE also?[/QUOTE]
This is just a guess, but I think this is how it works:
It has to do with the way the schedule is done. One year the AFC East teams played the AFC South and it was the Pats "turn" to host the Colts. The other, they both finished the previous year in first place, so they played each other and the schedule was pre-determined that the 1st place AFC East team would play at home.

jrocx69 05-10-2005 02:28 PM

[QUOTE=Daseal]The NFL make the Pats go to INDY in one of these regular season games? Both playoff games they played in NE, which is how it works, but is it necessary to play two regular season games in two years in NE also?[/QUOTE]

i think last year in the first game of the season or very early they played in INDY. i think it was the game where the pats had a defensive stand to win the game when it looked as if the colts were going to win it

djnemo65 05-10-2005 02:40 PM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]Speaking of unnecessary, why is the NFL Network "Game of the Week" ALWAYS Indy or NE or GB? Have you seen ONE Skins game on there?[/QUOTE]

God am I sick of the freaking pack being on TV. They are always on! I probably watched 10 packers games last year. And they really are not that great a team. Sorry to digress, but this has been building up inside for a long time and I needed to vent.

Redskins8588 05-10-2005 02:42 PM

Even though we lost, I wouldnt mind watching the second eagles game. Not to pour salt on the wound, but all in all I thought it was a good game. I mean I think that Philly really didnt consider us to do that well against them and we almost pulled off an upset... But that is just me...

TheMalcolmConnection 05-10-2005 02:43 PM

I'd like to see the second Cowboys game.

Not because I'm masochistic or anything, I just love to have my fury and burning hatred for Dallas refueled every now and then.

mooby 05-10-2005 04:42 PM

god. they are always playing those playoff team games. you know nfl network, there are other teams out there, and even though they aren't as great, they still deserve some time in the spotlight. im not only talking about the skins, but hey, they could show that monday night game between the dolphins and patriots that the dolphins won, or they could show a san fransisco game. the two games of the week i want to see the most on nfl network was our regular season opener vs. the bucs, and the regular season finale vs. the vikings. plus i would like to see the second eagles game even though we lost, i didn't get to see it that night because i was working.