Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Another Draft Day Option (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=624)

SuperFan99 03-29-2004 08:55 PM

Another Draft Day Option

I agree that Winslow or Taylor would be great picks at #5. Winslow is super athletic, but you win with defense in this league and Taylor is destined to be an Ed Reed, Roy Williams type. Plus, from what I've heard, Winslow isn't a Redskin that Gibbs would love. He's got some attitude problems and he's not a blocker in the H-back mold. I believe the smart thing to do, since the Skins only have a 1st, 5th and 6th pick, is to move down from #5 to 8 or 9, pick up a 3rd rounder in the process, and get a DT like Tommie Harris or USC's DE Udeze. Even with the recent free agent signees, the Skins are weak on the D-line. No real stud DTs or pass rushers there.
:smashfrea

Daseal 03-29-2004 09:00 PM

No real stud pass rushers in the draft either. I'd rather have an allstar for years than a slightly-above average D lineman. Can't fix the whole team in a year!

beg8878 03-29-2004 09:04 PM

[QUOTE=Daseal]No real stud pass rushers in the draft either. I'd rather have an allstar for years than a slightly-above average D lineman. Can't fix the whole team in a year![/QUOTE]

I agree with this logic 100%....why would we trade down and grab somebody that will be pretty good and get a couple extra players who we can probably find on FA market when we have the oppurtunity to take a stud who maybe an All-Pro for the next 10 years?

Rome wasn't build in a day!

Take Taylor or Winslow

RedskinPete 03-29-2004 09:54 PM

One thing Gibbs said in his news conference was they have found pro bowl type player after the draft in the past and didnt see that changing! So they must have some players in mind!

Daseal 03-29-2004 10:13 PM

I agree, Beg.
Except with one part. You say Taylor or Winslow. Change that to and so we'll be in agreement!

SuperFan99 03-30-2004 08:09 AM

Like I said, if you're going to stick at #5, take Taylor. Winslow may be a great player, but if you've got attitude problems playing for Miami then you've got T.O. written all over you. Gibbs won't go for that.

Daseal 03-30-2004 08:29 AM

I don't really think Winslow is that bad of an attitude problem. I think he said one thing and got labelled an attitude guy. I think he's a lot like Portis. VERY confident. Which is good, you need confidence on your team.

Thinking you can do it is a big part of actually doing it.

MTK 03-30-2004 08:39 AM

Ugh I'm so tired of draft and trade scenarios, LOL.

Anytime I see a let's trade this for that and trade down for this then trade up I just black it out, I can't do it anymore!! LOL

I can't wait until the draft so we can finally see how things will unfold!

JWsleep 03-30-2004 12:24 PM

I'm with you, Matty!!!!

But that won't stop the specualtion (and I'm sure I'll keep posting about this! I mean, this is a skins website. What are we here for???) :banghead:

Skins fan 44 03-30-2004 12:28 PM

When does the countdown for the draft start? Maybe that will give us something else(better) to talk about. LOL

MTK 03-30-2004 12:31 PM

Hey I'm not saying stop talking about it, feel free by all means!

diehardskin2982 03-30-2004 12:34 PM

I say we should take Taylor, send Trotter and gardner to the Chiefs for their 1st and maybe a 4rth then take the other great TE i college with their pick or a center.

JWsleep 03-30-2004 12:37 PM

Hey, how about a draft countdown clock? I really liked the kickoff clock on the old site.

Jamaican'Skin 03-30-2004 01:50 PM

I really want Taylor here. Nothing against Winslow, but I'm more of a defensive type guy. I love the big hits that Roy Williams lays down on guys time after time. It has an effect on recievers. When they run that route again, they'll be much more cautious which could easily cause trouble like fumbles and interceptions. Taylor being compared to some of these greats only increases my desire. I think we should get him, because as has been said here several times before, he will be an immediate impact player. Winslow its the mold, but so does Taylor, and it is defense that wins championships, so I say get Taylor.

SKINSnCANES 03-30-2004 03:02 PM

Winslow expects a lot of himself and his team. He Gibbs, play smart and dont embarass your team. And whoever said he cant block hasnt seen him play. Porits would have a field day running behind Winslow.

SKINSnCANES 03-30-2004 03:03 PM

Trading down would be the worst move the Skins could make. Snyder doesnt want to draft a late round player and groom him for three years, he lets everyoen else do that. Our team is close and needs an impact player to step in and take us to the next level. Taylor and Winslow would both do that. We'll see who gets his player, Gibbs or Williams

Defensewins 03-30-2004 03:24 PM

[QUOTE=RedskinPete]One thing Gibbs said in his news conference was they have found pro bowl type player after the draft in the past and didnt see that changing! So they must have some players in mind![/QUOTE]

I have to disagree with this statement.
In the past they had GM's Bobby Beathard and Charlie Casserly running the player aquisitions. They have a proven track record of finding diamonds in the rough.
Cerrato/Snyder have failed to find a single starter passed the third round!
we need a real GM.