Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Thrash is a Redskin WOW????? (Merged) (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/629-thrash-is-a-redskin-wow-merged.html)

skins93 03-29-2004 10:13 PM

Skins trade for Thrash?

I live in Philly and a local notable reporter here is saying that the Eagles will trade the Skins for a 6th round pick within the next 36 hours.

Obviously, Gibbs is more of an expert than anyone of us, but this move really confuses me. We obviously have a crowded WR corp (Coles, Gardner, McCants, Jacobs, Russell, Cloman, Swayne), which obviously means some big things might happen.

After hearing some others, we may trade Gardner to get possibly a 3rd rounder and keep McCants (who won't cost as much and can be signed to just a 1 year deal). Thrash would be the 3rd WR with Jacobs possibly getting some major playing time. However, whoever turns out to be the 4th WR probably won't play much. Gibbs doesn't usually have 4 WR on the field...

Mattyk 03-29-2004 10:40 PM

Anything is possible.

Daseal 03-29-2004 10:49 PM

I hope not, he stunk it up in Washington before. Give him to the Giants. Make him the new Brian Mitchell... less talented Brian Mitchell.

saden1 03-29-2004 10:54 PM

[QUOTE=Daseal]I hope not, he stunk it up in Washington before. [/QUOTE]

He did no such thing. He is no world class WR but he played hard to earn a spot on the team. I like the guy because he is a hard worker.

Mattyk 03-29-2004 11:12 PM

He would be a good addition to the special teams unit.

Ghost 03-29-2004 11:16 PM

I'd rather keep the 6th round pick and have some semblance of a draft.

SmootSmack 03-29-2004 11:37 PM

So if I'm understanding this right essentially what we're saying here is Bryan Johnson for Thrash (via a 6th round pick), granted BJ doesn't stay in the division

I'd rather Johnson or the pick any day over Thrash

Gmanc711 03-29-2004 11:50 PM

I agree, I think we should keep all the picks we can get our hands on. Even if we can just get a guy to mess around with, he could end up working out. We really dont need thrash, were already stacked at Wide-Out

SmootSmack 03-30-2004 12:01 AM

[QUOTE=skins93]I live in Philly and a local notable reporter here is saying that the Eagles will trade the Skins for a 6th round pick within the next 36 hours.

Obviously, Gibbs is more of an expert than anyone of us, but this move really confuses me. We obviously have a crowded WR corp (Coles, Gardner, McCants, Jacobs, Russell, Cloman, Swayne), which obviously means some big things might happen.

After hearing some others, we may trade Gardner to get possibly a 3rd rounder and keep McCants (who won't cost as much and can be signed to just a 1 year deal). Thrash would be the 3rd WR with Jacobs possibly getting some major playing time. However, whoever turns out to be the 4th WR probably won't play much. Gibbs doesn't usually have 4 WR on the field...[/QUOTE]

So is the reporter actually saying Thrash for a 6th round pick or just that there will be a trade? And is it this year's 6th?

Winskins 03-30-2004 12:08 AM

Eagles just got 4 compensatory draft picks

According to the official site of the Philidelphia Eagles, they have received 4 compensatory draft picks in the upcoming draft (2- 4th rounders, 2- 7th rounders) boosting their total number of picks to 10. This might dissuade the Eagles from trading Thrash for a 6th rounder. On the bright side, I don't think Thrash would have been a very good addition, since we already have a relatively deep core of wideouts.
I say the 'skins should either use the new pick or trade it to another team in a package with some other player(s) we don't particularly need. Tell me what you think. :thumb:

skins009 03-30-2004 12:10 AM

Well if this trade is true, its one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. Thrash, i mean trash. The guy sucks, plus WR is about the one position where we are overloaded. If this is true, then Gibbs has def. shown, that while he is one hell of a coach, he's not much of a GM.

SmootSmack 03-30-2004 12:16 AM

[QUOTE=Winskins]According to the official site of the Philidelphia Eagles, they have received 4 compensatory draft picks in the upcoming draft (2- 4th rounders, 2- 7th rounders) boosting their total number of picks to 10. This might dissuade the Eagles from trading Thrash for a 6th rounder. On the bright side, I don't think Thrash would have been a very good addition, since we already have a relatively deep core of wideouts.
I say the 'skins should either use the new pick or trade it to another team in a package with some other player(s) we don't particularly need. Tell me what you think. :thumb:[/QUOTE]

First of all, Welcome to the Warpath Winskins! Good to have you on board. Tell us a bit more about yourself

I think I'd rather hold on to the pick. Maybe get some cheap diamond in the rough with the 6th pick

RedskinPete 03-30-2004 12:19 AM

Winskins I think you are right. I think he will be cut in june so why give up a draft pick?

Winskins 03-30-2004 12:26 AM

[QUOTE=smootsmack]First of all, Welcome to the Warpath Winskins! Good to have you on board. Tell us a bit more about yourself

I think I'd rather hold on to the pick. Maybe get some cheap diamond in the rough with the 6th pick[/QUOTE]

Well I'm a student a UMCP, true skin's fan, and I finally found a website with a lot of good opinions.
Thanks for the welcome smootsmack!

RedskinPete 03-30-2004 12:49 AM

Thrash is a Redskin WOW?????

Just when you thought you have seen every thing. In the Wahington Post it said we traded our 5th round pick! Did we real need him that bad? It seem that WR is very nice but maybe that means McCants might not be signed because of cap room?