Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pre-season Games? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=6316)

TheMalcolmConnection 05-23-2005 02:05 PM

Pre-season Games?

Anyone ever go to a Skins pre-season game? I'm debating on going this year because I just can't take all the waiting for the season opener. Is it worth going to for the price?

Riggo44 05-23-2005 02:13 PM

Re: Pre-season Games?

I have never been to a Redskins pre-season game. But I have been to lots of Rams, Chargers,Raiders preseason games. If you live close I would say yea it's worth it. But I wouldn't take a special trip out of state to see one.
The Real season is much more fun to watch because it matters. The crowd is usually way more into it and so are the players.

TheMalcolmConnection 05-23-2005 02:17 PM

I live about 3 hours away from DC. You think that would be too far to drive for one?

Red Robert 05-23-2005 02:34 PM

I live in Charlotte, NC. I have been to several pre-season and regular season Panthers vs. Redskins games. Great time regardless, especially since we have owned the Panthers until just recently. I already have my seats set for the pre-season opener here in August.

It's funny that when the Skins play here, I would dare say that at least 1/3 of the crowd is in burgundy and gold.

TheMalcolmConnection 05-23-2005 02:34 PM

Hmmm... that's the one I was looking at going to. That would give me even MORE incentive to go...

Riggo44 05-23-2005 02:59 PM

Yea I might drive 3 hours for one. In fact I would for a Redskins pre-season game.

djnemo65 05-23-2005 03:02 PM

i wouldn't pay for the tickets. everytime i've been to one the place has been half empty (although recently so have late season games). if i were you id wait and go to a regular season game or two.

dirtbag2112 05-23-2005 03:06 PM

same here...I usually go if the tix are free. fun anyways though.

TheMalcolmConnection 05-23-2005 03:06 PM

Cool. I already have tickets for the opener, so maybe I won't go.

madisonwm 05-23-2005 03:18 PM

i went to the panthers preseason game last year and as long as you have good company and lots of booze.. it makes any redskins game heaven....although there isn't the traditional tailgating beforehand....some ...but not much...

celts32 05-23-2005 03:51 PM

You can generally get preseason tickets on EBAY for half price from season ticketholders who don't want to use them. I am a season ticket holder and i generally dump one of the preseason games on there for like 20-25 per ticket. Preseaon games are fun to go to since there is no tension over winning and losing, but they are not worth full price admission.

TheMalcolmConnection 05-23-2005 03:54 PM

Could you find some good tickets for 20-25?

firstdown 05-23-2005 04:07 PM

I went to one a few years back and had a blast. I did not make it into the stadium but we did pick up some fine looking ladies. So I would have to say it was worth the trip.

TheMalcolmConnection 05-23-2005 04:09 PM

Meh. I already date a fine-looking lady. ;)

However, if I WAS single, I could use that ticket money to go to bars and THEN pick up fine-looking ladies. :)

firstdown 05-23-2005 04:14 PM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]Meh. I already date a fine-looking lady. ;)

However, if I WAS single, I could use that ticket money to go to bars and THEN pick up fine-looking ladies. :)[/QUOTE]My tickets were free! Gave them away.