Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   PFW - Whispers (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=6321)

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 05-23-2005 05:22 PM

PFW - Whispers

One scout told PFW the Redskins appeared to have hit it big with first-round pick QB Jason Campbell, if the rare poise and performance he showed in his first minicamp is any indication. He said Campbell looked like "the next Doug Williams" and that "Joe Gibbs knew what he was getting (in Campbell)."

Mike Barrow might not be the only big name let go by the Redskins after June 1. Other candidates to be released for salary-cap purposes include WR Rod Gardner, PK John Hall (if the staff feels good about Jeff Chandler) and RB-RS Chad Morton. Gardner was offered around at draft time, but no one met the Redskins' trade demands, so he could be let go.

A source close to the Miami (Fla.) program who has talked to Redskins FS Sean Taylor this spring said the second-year player has tried to escape the limelight after a tough rookie season but one that was filled with promise. The source expects Taylor to report to training camp on time in July. Head coach Joe Gibbs also said he thought Taylor's absence from minicamp has nothing to do with unhappiness over his current contract.

amorentz 05-23-2005 05:33 PM

Re: PFW - Whispers

Wow, so much for the great JetSkins experiment. Looks like Coles, Morton and Hall will have cost us a lot of money and draft picks, without much of a return. Randy Thomas is a stud though!

I hope that the Skins will release these guys and use it as a lesson about building through the draft and being financially conservative. Except, wait, we dont have a first round pick next year.

Sigh, lets hope Campbell is the real deal they say he is, cause god knows I would have loved Mike Williams and Marlin Jackson in burgundy and gold...

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 05-23-2005 05:33 PM

I might have to eat crow and THANK Gibbs if the above blurb about Campbell is true. I wanted Mike Williams at #9 and Marlin Jackson at #25.

Redskins_P 05-23-2005 05:34 PM

Wow I hope they're right about Campbell.

PSUSkinsFan21 05-23-2005 06:10 PM

[QUOTE=Ramseyfan]I might have to eat crow and THANK Gibbs if the above blurb about Campbell is true. I wanted Mike Williams at #9 and Marlin Jackson at #25.[/QUOTE]

You and me both (eating crow that is..........I wanted Rogers and Roddy White).

TheMalcolmConnection 05-23-2005 06:43 PM

Just like we always say...

That's why we don't have three Lombardi trophies. :)

MTK 05-23-2005 08:01 PM

Not much new here with these whispers. I still think it's way too early to judge what we have with Campbell. I mean c'mon, so he looked good in shorts tossing around the rock in minicamp, sorry but I need alot more before I'll say I'm impressed. If he's still looking good in training camp and in the preseason it's worth whispering about. Until then save me the hype from these wise unnamed scouts.

skinnyfan 05-23-2005 09:08 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]Not much new here with these whispers. I still think it's way too early to judge what we have with Campbell. I mean c'mon, so he looked good in shorts tossing around the rock in minicamp, sorry but I need alot more before I'll say I'm impressed. If he's still looking good in training camp and in the preseason it's worth whispering about. Until then save me the hype from these wise unnamed scouts.[/QUOTE]

I AGREE 100%........But I sure do get excited when I hear anything good about Campbell..........I WANT so badly to believe in Gibbs' pick of Campbell! Peace to Morton/50-50/Hall..........chandler looks as though he can get it done cheaper.. Brown looks like he can break it everytime he touches it.....and gardner......well McCants can create the separation Gardner did underneath and has a hell of a lot better hands than 50/50.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 05-23-2005 11:01 PM

I say we shut down the website until camp since nothing new is going to develop. Just kidding.

Please note that I said, "if the above blurb is true." I by no means meant to say that just because one unidentified scout said Campbell looked good in the mini-camp that we should get ready to win the Lombardi trophy. BUT, I think many on the site would be pleased to hear that a scout thought he looked like a steal.

MTK 05-23-2005 11:15 PM

The only thing that matters is this, is Campbell Hall of Fame bound??

;)

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 05-24-2005 01:05 AM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]The only thing that matters is this, is Campbell Hall of Fame bound??

;)[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately no - Ramsey is and so Campbell is destined to ride the bench (or so I hope).

TheMalcolmConnection 05-24-2005 08:17 AM

Come on now. With all this talk, we're going to get a lecture from SC. :)

gortiz 05-24-2005 08:49 AM

[QUOTE=skinnyfan]I AGREE 100%........But I sure do get excited when I hear anything good about Campbell..........I WANT so badly to believe in Gibbs' pick of Campbell! Peace to Morton/50-50/Hall..........chandler looks as though he can get it done cheaper.. Brown looks like he can break it everytime he touches it.....and gardner......well McCants can create the separation Gardner did underneath and has a hell of a lot better hands than 50/50.[/QUOTE]

Amen Brother, I agree 100% - 50/50 is too damn funny!

What's the deal with brown? I mean, is it me or does he have that kind of crazy/effortless/Dante Hall type running motion? Kind of like he is going down hill on rollerblades?

Morton sucks, and was product of the old regime, I'm glad we got Thomas though. . .I still feel bad about Coles, the guy was nails, but he was a headcase. . .

TheMalcolmConnection 05-24-2005 09:20 AM

I wouldn't even say headcase. I don't know how we went so wrong with Coles. Personally, I would love to still have him even though I think Moss can be just as good if not better.

skinnyfan 05-24-2005 10:59 AM

[QUOTE=gortiz]Amen Brother, I agree 100% - 50/50 is too damn funny!

What's the deal with brown? I mean, is it me or does he have that kind of crazy/effortless/Dante Hall type running motion? Kind of like he is going down hill on rollerblades?

Morton sucks, and was product of the old regime, I'm glad we got Thomas though. . .I still feel bad about Coles, the guy was nails, but he was a headcase. . .[/QUOTE]

I am a huge Brown fan......he is shiftier, quicker, and faster than Morton, making Morton..........well........................CUT! Brown is going to break a few this year......IF he can take care of the rock during returns!