Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Nice Restaurants Around Fed-Ex area (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=63900)

metalskins 05-24-2017 09:20 AM

Nice Restaurants Around Fed-Ex area

I'm taking my wife to see U2 at Fed-Ex stadium in a few weeks, and we're wanting some options for a nice dinner that evening. Anybody got any ideas? Nothing really, really, expensive, but something nice. Some place where we might be able to enjoy a glass of wine and a steak without taking out a second mortgage.

BDBohnzie 05-25-2017 09:12 AM

Re: Nice Restaurants Around Fed-Ex area

[URL="http://www.shopcapcentre.com/directory/restaurants-and-fine-dining/2138216046"]Largo Town Center[/URL] is around the corner, on the site of the old Capital Centre. There are some decent options there. But other than that, you're going to be several miles away. Bowie, College Park, National Harbor aren't too far of a drive and will have more options. But that will depend on how much time you have beforehand.

Enjoy!

mredskins 05-25-2017 10:14 AM

StarDust, great place.

Giantone 05-25-2017 02:54 PM

There is a Dave and Buster's right off the Richie Marlboro exit right in front of Pohanka hyundai

metalskins 05-26-2017 11:07 AM

It will probably take us a good 5 hours just to get up there. My hope would be to get up there by 3pm. The concert starts at 7, I think, but I'd like to be at the stadium by 6pm if possible. Am I leaving myself enough time beforehand?

Giantone 05-26-2017 01:21 PM

[quote=metalskins;1170675]It will probably take us a good 5 hours just to get up there. My hope would be to get up there by 3pm. The concert starts at 7, I think, but I'd like to be at the stadium by 6pm if possible. Am I leaving myself enough time beforehand?[/quote]

U2 is a big ticket,show should be packed......I'm Mr never early enough so I would say no.Depending on where you stop for dinner.Me I would be in the parking lot no later than 5pm.Why not tailgate like at a Redskin game,pretty sure others will be doing it to.

metalskins 05-26-2017 01:43 PM

[quote=Giantone;1170677]U2 is a big ticket,show should be packed......I'm Mr never early enough so I would say no.Depending on where you stop for dinner.Me I would be in the parking lot no later than 5pm.Why not tailgate like at a Redskin game,pretty sure others will be doing it to.[/quote]

Wife wants a romantic dinner, lol! This is her favorite band and her birthday gift.

Giantone 05-26-2017 07:58 PM

[quote=metalskins;1170679]Wife wants a romantic dinner, lol! This is her favorite band and her birthday gift.[/quote]

Then if you can get to the Largo Town Center by three you should be OK.The LongHorn Steak House does a nice job.

metalskins 06-22-2017 10:27 AM

So we wound up going to Carmine's Italian restaurant - downtown D.C. Excellent food, excellent service, and the prices were manageable too! Only bad thing was, we got hit with a $100 parking ticket. Other than that, the food and service was fast! We still got to the stadium in plenty of time before U2 went on. Got to sit club level. Man....I've GOT to spring for club level tickets to a game sometime. It was so nice up there! Parking was expensive! We just weren't sure what to do about parking. We saw people walking to the stadium, so I'm sure there was free or inexpensive parking somewhere, but we sucked it up and paid that $60 to park.

Was an expensive two days in D.C., but we had fun for the most part. However, the experience we had with the hotel is a different matter. We kind of had no choice but to stay in the rough part of town in a crappy hotel. Our hotel room smelled like old smoke and mildew. There were cracks in the walls, the sheets looked old, the bath tube looked like someone had left a piece of pubic hair on one side of the soap holder. I stayed away from that side when I showered. When I got home, I showered again and wiped down everything I had to bring inside.

I knew something wasn't right when the gas station we stopped at just a block from the hotel had a rat running loose through it. Not just a little mouse either, a bit effin' rat! Looked bigger than some dogs! The last time the wife and I went up for a 'skins game, we stayed with one of her friends. We couldn't do that this time, so it was a bit of the unknown for us. But, believe me, the next time, we're booking our hotel well in advance and doing our research on where to stay.

If not for my wife wanting a "romantic" dinner, I would have totally done the tailgating thing. Heck, since we had club level seats, I would have just said to have eaten at one of the restaurants in the stadium. Next time, we'll be a bit more prepared.

The concert was awesome though!! Seats were great. I kept thinking how great these seats would be for a game!

mredskins 06-22-2017 10:39 AM

[quote=metalskins;1171058]So we wound up going to Carmine's Italian restaurant - downtown D.C. Excellent food, excellent service, and the prices were manageable too! Only bad thing was, we got hit with a $100 parking ticket. Other than that, the food and service was fast! We still got to the stadium in plenty of time before U2 went on. Got to sit club level. Man....I've GOT to spring for club level tickets to a game sometime. It was so nice up there! Parking was expensive! We just weren't sure what to do about parking. We saw people walking to the stadium, so I'm sure there was free or inexpensive parking somewhere, but we sucked it up and paid that $60 to park.

Was an expensive two days in D.C., but we had fun for the most part. However, the experience we had with the hotel is a different matter. We kind of had no choice but to stay in the rough part of town in a crappy hotel. Our hotel room smelled like old smoke and mildew. There were cracks in the walls, the sheets looked old, the bath tube looked like someone had left a piece of pubic hair on one side of the soap holder. I stayed away from that side when I showered. When I got home, I showered again and wiped down everything I had to bring inside.

I knew something wasn't right when the gas station we stopped at just a block from the hotel had a rat running loose through it. Not just a little mouse either, a bit effin' rat! Looked bigger than some dogs! The last time the wife and I went up for a 'skins game, we stayed with one of her friends. We couldn't do that this time, so it was a bit of the unknown for us. But, believe me, the next time, we're booking our hotel well in advance and doing our research on where to stay.

If not for my wife wanting a "romantic" dinner, I would have totally done the tailgating thing. Heck, since we had club level seats, I would have just said to have eaten at one of the restaurants in the stadium. Next time, we'll be a bit more prepared.

The concert was awesome though!! Seats were great. I kept thinking how great these seats would be for a game![/quote]

Greenbelt Marriott is decent enough and close to the stadium. The Skins actually stay there the night before the game, its cool to see them in the lobby on gameday.

mooby 06-22-2017 12:18 PM

[quote=metalskins;1171058]So we wound up going to Carmine's Italian restaurant - downtown D.C. Excellent food, excellent service, and the prices were manageable too! Only bad thing was, [B]we got hit with a $100 parking ticket[/B]. Other than that, the food and service was fast! We still got to the stadium in plenty of time before U2 went on. Got to sit club level. Man....I've GOT to spring for club level tickets to a game sometime. It was so nice up there! Parking was expensive! We just weren't sure what to do about parking. We saw people walking to the stadium, so I'm sure there was free or inexpensive parking somewhere, but we sucked it up and paid that $60 to park.

The concert was awesome though!! Seats were great. I kept thinking how great these seats would be for a game![/quote]

Let me guess, you parked on a street somewhere that had a sign that said "No parking between the hours of 10-2 pm, 6-10 am, 2-8 pm, 2-6 am, Mon-Fri and all other days ending in day, excluding holidays, special events, normal weekdays, and emergencies."

Glad you had a good time at the concert though.

Giantone 06-23-2017 06:32 AM

I heard the show was unbelievable!Sorry about the hotel but it sounds like the Mrs had a good time.For that money you could have stayed on the VA side of the Wilson bridge and still made it on time.

metalskins 06-23-2017 11:04 AM

[quote=mredskins;1171061]Greenbelt Marriott is decent enough and close to the stadium. The Skins actually stay there the night before the game, its cool to see them in the lobby on gameday.[/quote]

I'm going to bookmark this, because the next time I head up there for a game or another concert at that venue, I'm making sure I'm staying in a nice hotel. I'll start saving now if I have to, lol!

metalskins 06-23-2017 11:06 AM

[quote=mooby;1171069]Let me guess, you parked on a street somewhere that had a sign that said "No parking between the hours of 10-2 pm, 6-10 am, 2-8 pm, 2-6 am, Mon-Fri and all other days ending in day, excluding holidays, special events, normal weekdays, and emergencies."

Glad you had a good time at the concert though.[/quote]

LOL! Probably so! It was so confusing. I guess I suppose we're lucky that we weren't ticketed and towed. Some places will do both. It's all good though. I highly suggest Carmine's Italian Restaurant. Very nice place!

metalskins 06-23-2017 11:08 AM

[quote=Giantone;1171091]I heard the show was unbelievable!Sorry about the hotel but it sounds like the Mrs had a good time.For that money you could have stayed on the VA side of the Wilson bridge and still made it on time.[/quote]

Oh dude, fantastic show! I'm glad I got to see them, but I'm glad I got my wife these tickets. U2 is her all time favorite band, so to give her this trip meant a lot to her. Next time, however, I'm being a lot smarter with hotel reservations. I think we would have stayed on the VA side, but hotels were so booked up and we didn't have a lot of money to spend on a hotel, so we had to get what we got. We survived so it's all good!