Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   It's Dallas Week!!! Round 1 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=63994)

mredskins 10-25-2017 12:43 PM

It's Dallas Week!!! Round 1

Must win, gonna be tough if the below injuries hold up.

[url=http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/33898/injuries-to-trent-williams-brandon-scherff-highlight-redskins-health-issues]Injuries to Trent Williams, Brandon Scherff highlight Redskins' issues - Washington Redskins Blog- ESPN[/url]

I swear outside of CLE we have to be the most snake bitten team ever.

punch it in 10-25-2017 01:00 PM

Re: It's Dallas Week!!! Round 1

We are way to banged up to compete with Dallas. Even if we weren’t we have absolutely no weapons on offense that scare anyone. CT has been good, but he is not a work horse that can carry the offense and with the oline banged up he might not be effective at all. This is probably the week that puts our playoff hopes in grave danger.
Dallas-33
Skins- 14

skinsfan69 10-25-2017 01:36 PM

This season is going down in flames. I just don't see how we stop them on defense. We can't deal with mobile QB's or TE's. Same old story for the defense. And our offense, which was suppose to be the strength of the team is too up and down, plus no running game in sight. The injuries to the o-line will make everything worse

Cowboys 34
Skins 20

calia 10-25-2017 01:37 PM

Skins: 72
Dallasholes: 0

Suck it, doubters.

MTK 10-25-2017 02:39 PM

[QUOTE=calia;1177683]Skins: 72

Dallasholes: 0

Suck it, doubters.[/QUOTE]

I like it!

CRedskinsRule 10-25-2017 02:40 PM

Sooo, we have 3 losses, to arguably the best two teams in football right now, and we are done? Not seeing it. It's not that we don't have injuries that are taxing the team right now but we do have coaches that seem to be aware of how to use the players that are on the field.

I imagine Dak will do a good impression of Wentz, and get his throws to Beasley and Witten, but they won't run over our line, and our offense will put points up (their D is not KC or Philly's)

Skins will win, but it will be a Gruden win - last 2 minutes we will be holding our breath.

skinsfaninok 10-25-2017 02:49 PM

I believe we win this game in a close battle like always. 27-24 they miss the Game tying FG for O.T.

I think Reed is back to being healthy and they have big ?S in the secondary.
If we can slow down ZEKE we will win.

jamf 10-25-2017 02:59 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;1177682]This season is going down in flames. I just don't see how we stop them on defense. We can't deal with mobile QB's or TE's. Same old story for the defense. And our offense, which was suppose to be the strength of the team is too up and down, plus no running game in sight. The injuries to the o-line will make everything worse

Cowboys 34
Skins 20[/quote]

[quote=punch it in;1177681]We are way to banged up to compete with Dallas. Even if we weren’t we have absolutely no weapons on offense that scare anyone. CT has been good, but he is not a work horse that can carry the offense and with the oline banged up he might not be effective at all. This is probably the week that puts our playoff hopes in grave danger.
Dallas-33
Skins- 14[/quote]

WTF is this shit?

I don't care who is available to play, we are going to bitch slap Eddie Munster and Dominate Dallas!!!!

F the Cowboys and Eddie Munster!

[IMG]http://www.baltimoreorless.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/hipstermunster.jpg[/IMG]

calia 10-25-2017 03:00 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1177685]Sooo, we have 3 losses, to arguably the best two teams in football right now, and we are done? Not seeing it. It's not that we don't have injuries that are taxing the team right now but we do have coaches that seem to be aware of how to use the players that are on the field.

I imagine Dak will do a good impression of Wentz, and get his throws to Beasley and Witten, but they won't run over our line, and our offense will put points up (their D is not KC or Philly's)

Skins will win, but it will be a Gruden win - last 2 minutes we will be holding our breath.[/quote]

This makes a good point -- as bad as our injury situation was on Monday, the Redskins hung in there, and a few plays could have made the difference (as is true in many games). Not converting some of the third and short situations was bad, and let Philly back in. But even late in the game (in the 4th), they were down 14 points with the ball, and a TD could have made it anyone's ballgame. Instead, they stall, Philly tacks on a FG, and there's too much ground to make up. Given the injuries, the team could have folded and got blown out. But losing by 10 to arguably the best team in the league under the circumstances isn't shameful. If you think back to some of the blowout losses the Redskins have suffered in recent years when things unraveled, you might conclude that this team is more resilient.

I do worry that it may be too much, however. Trent Williams' injury is now the biggest concern in my mind with Nseske out. That our O-line is so dinged up is really bad because we do not have the skills players at WR or RB to make up for it (with all due props to Thompson, who has been lights out). I was surprised that we won time of possession on Monday, as it felt like our D was out there forever.

In any case, time for the next man up. It would be great if they could smack Dallas around. Young guys will have to step up and make plays for that to happen.

over the mountain 10-25-2017 03:05 PM

Dang it, I went looking for a photo of Dak doing something dumb but found this. Apparently he was jumped at a concert during his time in college. Took a bottle to the head.

Dak took it like a champ. Didnt press charges, said sometimes ppl are ignorant.

[url]https://www.instagram.com/p/0B71q8r1GU/[/url]

^^ video of end of fight

[url]https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/3/9/8180667/dak-prescott-attacked-mississippi-state-football[/url]

Zeke is easy to hate. Guy is a fucking bama ass douche bag .. but Dak. I like him.

CRedskinsRule 10-25-2017 03:06 PM

I think Doctson has his coming out game this week. Big opponent, KC will have more time, and Doctson will be on the field for at least 60% of the offensive snaps. And for once we have the better coach. Gruden is not, imo as good yet as Reid or Pederson, but he is light years ahead of Garrett.

Since it's a division game I won't say it will be a blowout, but I do believe that at the end of the day it will be clear who the better team was, and it won't be close - even if the final score is.

FrenchSkin 10-25-2017 03:17 PM

We're solid against the run (9th rush D y/gm), our DBs are playing good (Swearinger had a pretty bad game but I trust him to get back in it) and we may get Norman back.

Their D is slightly below average, no reason we can't compete with them...

...if we have a semblance of O-Line. We need at least 2 out of Trent, Scherff and Moses to play. Inserting a below average back up in Clemmings AND a rookie coming back from concussion in Catalina in the same game would sure be hurtful.
That is if both tackles are out. If Scherff is out it sucks but Roulier has been pretty solid.

I actually like our strengths vs their weaknesses.

I don't see it being that much of a high scoring game.

Skins 21 Cowboys 17.

sdskinsfan2001 10-25-2017 04:32 PM

By hook-or-crook, we are winning this fucking game. We beat them with picket line crossers, we can beat them with NFL players. Fuck Dallas!

rocnrik 10-25-2017 09:03 PM

We win easy..no contest SKINS 50 dallas 0

punch it in 10-26-2017 02:40 AM

[QUOTE=rocnrik;1177713]We win easy..no contest SKINS 50 dallas 0[/QUOTE]

You will find no joy in that. Lol.