Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Minicamp this weekend (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=6553)

Paintrain 06-15-2005 08:19 AM

Minicamp this weekend

Now that the 'drama' of whether Taylor shows up or not has been decided by Gibbs telling him not to come, what (if anything) are you looking for to come out of this minicamp? Do you want to see if Jacobs lines up as a starting WR, how far along Rogers is, if Arrington, Barrow, Bowen, Noble, etc. practice or if injuries are still slowing them? I know we won't get many answers, but it'd the first time the entire team (minus Taylor of course) will have practiced and we are about 3-4 weeks from camp opening..

gortiz 06-15-2005 08:38 AM

Re: Minicamp this weekend

I think wether we like it or not, we are going to see the initial stages of a classic D.C. QB controversy. Campbell has already garnered so much hype with out even putting on pads, imagine what people/reporters are going to say when he completes that one pass over 25 yards???

On the positive note, I hope we get a lot of feedback from Rogers. I think since he has a legit chance at playing time, (unlike Campbell) and since CB's are so important in G-Williams scheme, I bet we are going to get some flashes.

I hope Moss shows up this year, and I think Betts is going to suprise a lot of people.

Just a thought - who would have thought that we picked the best TE in the draft last year! Sure Jr. might have more ability, but we passed on him for a reason.

mooby 06-15-2005 08:45 AM

it said arrington should be ready for the minicamp. i think he will be, although im unsure about the other players. they will be showing footage of the minicamp on redskins.com, so i think most of the those questions might be answered soon. it does look like campbell is getting prepared, but this is supposed to have a sort of kick in the ass effect. it's like kicking ramsey in the ass to get him jump started and finally up to his full potential. if ramsey becomes the next brunell without the age problem, so to speak, i look for campbell to be inserted in the starting lineup.

TheMalcolmConnection 06-15-2005 08:47 AM

I will say that all the passes I've seen Campbell throw in the OTAs were pretty much right on target (same with Ramsey), so I'm happy that thus far, he looks like a capable backup.

paulskinsfan 06-15-2005 08:57 AM

I hope to see the shotgun formation. Ramsey ran it regularly in college and I bet he's quite comfortable in it as it allows additional time to read the defense which is where he really struggles. I also hope to see Taylor Jacobs make a statement that he should be considered our No. 2 receiver.

MTK 06-15-2005 08:59 AM

I'm just hoping the offense looks smoother overall and that should come from Ramsey being much more comfortable compared to a year ago.

jbcjr14 06-15-2005 09:12 AM

I just hope nobody gets injured, to hell with the rest of it.

dirtbag2112 06-15-2005 11:02 AM

We're so close yet so far away......

BrudLee 06-15-2005 11:11 AM

[QUOTE=gortiz]I think wether we like it or not, we are going to see the initial stages of a classic D.C. QB controversy. Campbell has already garnered so much hype with out even putting on pads, imagine what people/reporters are going to say when he completes that one pass over 25 yards???[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say Campbell has been hyped up that much. He's had a few articles about his career and childhood in the post, and people have said he has skills.

HE'S A FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK! If there aren't articles about a first round QB in the hometown paper, they aren't doing their jobs.

TheMalcolmConnection 06-15-2005 11:18 AM

I agree. I think people were surprised, but I don't think they were out-and-out appalled. And all he's been getting is good press, for the most part.

dblanch66 06-15-2005 11:33 AM

Injuries. Let's not see any. That's all that matters.

BrudLee 06-15-2005 12:26 PM

[QUOTE=dblanch66]Injuries. Let's not see any. That's all that matters.[/QUOTE]
Amen!!!

Schneed10 06-15-2005 12:51 PM

Also in regard to injuries, I'd like to see signs that Jansen is his old self. I want to see him able to get out quickly to stop pass rushers, and I'd like to see him able to push off that foot with enough strength to move defenders like he was always able to do. If he's not 100% there yet, I'd at least like to see signs that he will be by the season's start.

MTK 06-15-2005 01:21 PM

According to Jansen he's 100% and has been for a while now.

It will be good to see him back in action that's for sure.

BrudLee 06-15-2005 01:43 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]According to Jansen he's 100% and has been for a while now.

It will be good to see him back in action that's for sure.[/QUOTE]
Wasn't it arguable that Jansen could've returned last year? I thought his injury had a [I]possible[/I] return date before the end of the regular season, and he was on IR because it didn't make sense to hold out hope for that long.