Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   Summer TV (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/6791-summer-tv.html)

SmootSmack 07-04-2005 07:35 PM

Summer TV

Who else gets caught up in summer tv? It seems like a lot of cool shows come on at this time of year.

This year I've really gotten into The 4400 and Rescue Me. And I've been a pretty loyal viewer of Nip/Tuck and Monk. And I hear that the new Battlestar Galactica is really good, as is the new Steven Bochco show about the Iraqi War-"Over There" (debuts late July on F/X)

But that's just a handful of the many shows, mainly on cable networks, that air first-run episodes during the summer.

So what is everyone else watching? And who's got some theories on what's happening on the 4400?

PS: Of course, the best part of this summer has been all new Family Guy episodes....Freakin Sweet!

NY_Skinsfan 07-04-2005 07:39 PM

Re: Summer TV

in addition to the 4400 and rescue me i have been watching the into the west series...didn't think i would like it but i am caught up in it...it's not too bad

skinsfanthru&thru 07-04-2005 09:50 PM

I've been watching the Lost repeats cuz I missed it from the beginning and didn't want to watch it w/o knowing about all the stuff that had happened already. Of course Family Guy is awesome, Justice League is hella sweet, and I've also been watching the Inside and want to watch Wanted when it starts soon.

Gmanc711 07-05-2005 12:01 AM

Honestly, in the summer all I'll watch is sports. I guess with Rochester being such a sh*thole weather wise 8 months out of the year, I get TV'ed out and during hte summer I'll just watch some old DVD's and a couple baseball games.

TheMalcolmConnection 07-05-2005 08:34 AM

I'm watching a lot of Nationals baseball. I'm surprised day in and day out just how good they really are...

BrudLee 07-05-2005 08:43 AM

I just rented and finished season 1 of Rescue Me. With young kids in the house, it's hard to pick up new shows, but I heard so many good things I had to go get it. I was not disappointed.

TheMalcolmConnection 07-05-2005 08:59 AM

Anyone else watch Robot Chicken?

Mattyk 07-05-2005 09:05 AM

Two shows that I've been hooked on this summer, Hell's Kitchen & 30 Days.

BDBohnzie 07-05-2005 09:14 AM

Robot Chicken is frickin' hilarious. And, you must either have DirecTV or a cable system that isn't Comcast...bastards don't show all Nats games.

I rarely watch much TV during the summer. Between 4 nights of softball, and busy weekends, I'm lucky to catch Fox Sunday Night (but I do!)

TheMalcolmConnection 07-05-2005 09:27 AM

I visit my parents who have that MLB channel (stepdad is a baseball freak). I have local cable. It's GREAT.

skinsfanthru&thru 07-05-2005 10:37 AM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]Anyone else watch Robot Chicken?[/QUOTE]

Robot chicken is funny as hell. My favorite skits so far have been the behind the music feature on the muppet band and the best one imo has been the Seven skit with mother smurfin Smurfs, lol.

TheMalcolmConnection 07-05-2005 10:41 AM

I've only seen like two episodes, but the one with "Seacrest out." was HILARIOUS.

itvnetop 07-05-2005 11:17 PM

Like TAFKAS, I'm partial to F/X shows... i think that network pushes the envelope in terms of subject matter without losing the important elements of good script and acting. Nip/Tuck tops my list (can't wait for it to get back on the air), but I also like The Shield (my friend who works on the set says the guy playing Aceveda seemed tortured in real life hahahaha).

During the summer, it's all about Family Guy! I can't believe this show was cancelled!

That Guy 07-06-2005 01:52 AM

i've seen those shows, the only thing i've liked this summer has been family guy and the nats games though... and even with all the injuries they're still winning...

SmootSmack 07-08-2005 12:43 AM

I went ahead and decided to check out the new Battlestar Galactica. They had a Season 1 marathon on Sci Fi yesterday so I caught some episodes.

I was very impressed, might be the best drama on television. It does have some science fiction elements. But really its storylines mirror many current social and political issues-using fetuses for research, liberating countries, terrorist vs. freedom fighter, prisoner abuse, etc. I definitely recommend this