Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Greatest American Rock Band is... (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=6815)

CrazyCanuck 07-13-2005 02:01 PM

Re: The Greatest American Rock Band is...

...o ya, I'm also a big Green Day fan. I have a feeling when all's said and done I'll remember them as the best band to come out of this era.

SmootSmack 07-13-2005 02:23 PM

[QUOTE=CrazyCanuck]You know I love Americans, but I was really surprised how weak your overall list looks. The Canadian rock band list is almost more impressive![/QUOTE]

RUSH! Today's Tom Sawyer he gets high on you. And the space he invades he gets by on you...cue the synthesizer!

You know technically Canadians band would be included under American bands, if we're saying North American Bands. We're all part of the same continent

CrazyCanuck 07-13-2005 02:48 PM

[QUOTE=TAFKAS]RUSH! Today's Tom Sawyer he gets high on you. And the space he invades he gets by on you...cue the synthesizer![/QUOTE]

AGREED. Rush is the best.

Riggo44 07-13-2005 02:56 PM

Rush is an amazing 3 peace band.
And Tom Petty has been solid for almost 30 yr's!
I am going to see him in concert next month. It should be good. this will be my 6th time seeing them. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers put on a great show. If you ever get the chance I highly recommend checking one out. :headbange

EternalEnigma21 07-14-2005 12:06 AM

I read the first 3 pages of this thinking i was going to lay am epiphany on you guys with Rush, then I get to the last page and find i'm just another shmo. Aerosmith would probably get the general public's vote, but in opinion Rush takes the cake. They have the best drummer ever.

Pearl Jam should be disqualified for the poser/hippie factor. Seriously, vitology?? what the hell was that abomination... and to make people wait for it while they released it first on vynil?? "lets do some dumb shit for the sake of being 'original' and maybe one day we'll be polled as the greatest american rock band of all time."

BTW, did anyone mention Led Zepplin?? They're american right??

BDBohnzie 07-14-2005 09:13 AM

Led Zeppelin is from the UK...all born in England. Or, they'd be in my top 5.

MTK 07-14-2005 09:47 AM

I thought Rush was Canadian?

CrazyCanuck 07-14-2005 01:10 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]I thought Rush was Canadian?[/QUOTE]

They are!

MTK 07-14-2005 01:17 PM

OK so much for them being involved in this debate.

EternalEnigma21 07-14-2005 02:28 PM

Well then let me change my vote to the black crows. they're american.

EternalEnigma21 07-14-2005 02:31 PM

Damn foreigners making all the best bands. Pearl Jam!!?? Soundgarden, STP, Nirvana... how many better bands were there at the time they came to be popular? I just dont get it.

FRPLG 07-14-2005 04:12 PM

If you look at it objectively and not subjectively then you can't argue with Aerosmith. Been around longer and been popular longer than anyone else(by far really). Ofcourse music is 100% subjective so the objective point of view is lacking.

SkinsRock 07-15-2005 01:57 PM

[QUOTE=TAFKAS]How far a stretch is it to count Beastie Boys as a great band that rocks?[/QUOTE]
They do "rock", but I wouldn't consider them a rock band. While their music frequently crosses over genre lines, and some of their songs are more rock-oriented, they are still primarily a rap group.