Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Send Crisp to Camp! (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=6884)

cpayne5 07-19-2005 10:34 AM

Re: Send Crisp to Camp!

[QUOTE=firstdown]I still don't know how.Help![/QUOTE]
Do you have PayPal?

MTK 07-19-2005 11:05 AM

set up an account at [url]www.paypal.com[/url]

As long as you have a bank account you're good to go

firstdown 07-19-2005 12:31 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]set up an account at [url="http://www.paypal.com/"]www.paypal.com[/url]

As long as you have a bank account you're good to go[/QUOTE]I guess that means he has paypal. I just send to his email address through paypal?

cpayne5 07-19-2005 12:34 PM

[QUOTE=firstdown]I guess that means he has paypal. I just send to his email address through paypal?[/QUOTE]
Yes, check Matty's first post at the top for Joe's email.

That Guy 07-19-2005 01:15 PM

with paypal you should be able to accept credit cards too..

RedskinsDave 07-19-2005 01:43 PM

I'm new here but what hotel is charging $550 for a week out in Ashburn?

cpayne5 07-19-2005 02:45 PM

[QUOTE=RedskinsDave]I'm new here but what hotel is charging $550 for a week out in Ashburn?[/QUOTE]
What exactly are you trying to say?

BrudLee 07-19-2005 03:12 PM

Interviews like the one we received from Chris Cooley today are the reason Joe's trips to camp are so important to this site. Not only are the impressions he gets from attending the practices and press conferences damn near unique to the internet (we are the first fan site ever to have such access with the Skins), but the relationships he's able to build with players, coaches, and team employees are invaluable.

Please remember that Joe did this as a labor of love for a few years before we started kicking in to make his life a little easier. He continues to hit camp on his vacation time, leaving his quite understanding wife to do so. No one is required to contribute - I'm flat busted, so I can't for this round - but let's be [u]very[/u] thankful that thewarpath.net not only has the access that we do, but a member/moderator dedicated enough to give of himself the way Joe has.

By the way, the best price I saw in a cursory internet check for nearby hotels with high-speed internet access was $116 a night, before taxes. Thanks, Joe, for bargain shopping as well as you have.

TheMalcolmConnection 07-19-2005 03:18 PM

Indeed excellent work. Waiting on pay day and I'll contribute as much as I can.

joecrisp 07-19-2005 04:02 PM

Thanks so much everybody, for your contributions and the kind words!

Brud, I really appreciate your sentiments. You're a class guy.

I understand the question about the hotel prices. It really is a LOT of money for a week-long hotel stay in the Ashburn area. I searched the internet exhaustively last week, and on average, the lowest price I could find on any of the hotel reservation services was about $110 a night, for a hotel in the Dulles/Ashburn/Sterling/Herndon/Fairfax/Chantilly/Manassas areas, with high-speed internet, during that first week of camp. That's how we came up with the $550 figure. I'm hoping it won't be much higher than that by the time I actually book the room.

These are definitely the highest prices I've seen since I've been doing this, but in the past, I've always reserved the room at least a month in advance, since I was paying out of my own pocket, generally on a credit card. My wife and I decided we just couldn't afford to do that anymore. I'm still paying off last year's training camp trek. :embarrass

RedskinsDave 07-19-2005 04:46 PM

[QUOTE=cpayne5]What exactly are you trying to say?[/QUOTE]

I wasn't accusing anyone of anything. I was just thinking Joe was getting ripped. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the hotels around there hiked up prices based on camp though.

skinsfanthru&thru 07-19-2005 05:00 PM

for category of purchase do I select service or quasi-cash?

saden1 07-19-2005 05:15 PM

I'll contribute $50. Next year I'd like to be sponsored too. What do you say Joe? Can I be your camp buddy next year?

saden1 07-19-2005 05:20 PM

Chicken Teriyaki....ummmm!

monk81 07-19-2005 05:32 PM

I pay $36 a year, not including licensing fees, franchise tax fees, and other assorted fees for the NFL Network :rolleyes:..........just to obtain any little bit of information that I can on the Redskins. Joe provides the fans so much more info on the Skins. His stuff is FANTASTIC, so it's well worth contributing to his camp fund!!!

As they used to say on the cartoon..........YO JOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!