Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   1st Rounders? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=6980)

SonnySamFrank 07-28-2005 11:39 AM

1st Rounders?

Is it a priority to sign an injured cornerback and a third string QB?

I don't expect the Redskins to sign Rogers or Campbell any time soon.

Any thoughts?

MTK 07-28-2005 11:54 AM

Re: 1st Rounders?

I think deals will get done with both of them very soon.

TheMalcolmConnection 07-28-2005 11:56 AM

Especially with the fi-ty money we have available.

Defensewins 07-28-2005 12:08 PM

Campbell, because he is healthy will be in camp on time. His learning at camp, scrimages, preseason games is vital to his development. I think the Skins will want him in camp on time.

Rogers, if he can not participate due to his foot, you are right they can wait to sign him.

But I beleive they both will be signed by start of camp.

BrudLee 07-28-2005 12:19 PM

It's a priority, if only because it shouldn't be a distraction. Maybe Rogers can't particpate in on-field stuff, but he can still learn - and neither Springs nor Harris want to answer the "What about Carlos?" question every day until he gets in.

Circumstances seem to prohibit either Rogers or Campbell from making an immediate impact, but circumstances have been wrong before. Let me tell you a story about third-string QB Kurt Warner...

MTK 07-28-2005 12:22 PM

Like Malcolm mentioned, now with Gardner's cap space cleared up that should be the green light to get Campbell and Rogers inked.

Big C 07-28-2005 01:27 PM

if you put it that way it wouldnt be important to sign a 3rd string QB, but this isnt tim hasselback we are talking about here or any ordinary 3rd stringer who will never see the field. this is a 1st round pick that we paid a lot to get in draft picks, and is the future of our QBs, so it is extremely important to get him there on time

uhohjimoh 07-28-2005 11:49 PM

hey i think big c has it right on the money...plus we are looking for big 'los to have a good year, and be a future leader on this team eventually. so i think they will both be there...niether of them have big Drew as their agent do they?

EternalEnigma21 07-28-2005 11:59 PM

Yeah... who are their agents?

SmootSmack 07-29-2005 12:11 AM

Carlos Rogers-Todd France (not to be confused with Todd Franz)

Jason Campbell-Joel Segal (also, Rod Gardner's agent)

Schneed10 07-29-2005 10:04 AM

[QUOTE=TAFKAS]Carlos Rogers-Todd France (not to be confused with Todd Franz)

Jason Campbell-Joel Segal (also, Rod Gardner's agent)[/QUOTE]

That's interesting. I wonder if the Skins had any concurrent discussions with Segal regarding Campbell while they were working through the Gardner trade.

I think they'll have both the rookies there on time, and at worst only a day or two late. We have the cap room, and Danny doesn't have any problems with paying the market value for guys.

Davnpurt 07-29-2005 10:20 AM

Now that Jansen's back and ready to rock it'll be great to see what he does to the rookies; especially Campbell. I remeber JJ tying up Ramsey to the goalpost after his hold out. Rookie hazing is one of my favorite traditions(except when the Saint's guy swung a sock full 'o nickels hitting that rookie in the ocular socket ruining his career before it began.)

GoSkins! 07-29-2005 08:38 PM

The main thing is to make sure these guys are healthy. Neither of them has to be a starter out of the gates. Rogers will be in the lineup sooner, but it looks like we are starting to load up on DB's in any case.