Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Computer Problems (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=7883)

Gmanc711 09-16-2005 11:53 AM

Computer Problems

So I bought an Ipod today. I was pumped to get home and start getting it going and of course I go to load it and my computer wont even recongnize my D drive. Its saying that a driver is either missing or is curropted. WTF mate? Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

MTK 09-16-2005 11:55 AM

Re: Computer Problems

Which ipod did you get?

Sorry I can't offer a suggestion for your problem, but check out this site they have a lot of great ipod resources there, you might want to register on their forums and ask your question there too.

[url]www.ipodlounge.com[/url]

Gmanc711 09-16-2005 12:19 PM

Thanks Matty. I got the Ipod mini, 4 gig, about 1,000 songs. Part of me wanted the huge one, but I really dont need it. I know you have an ipod, are you a fan?

That Guy 09-16-2005 03:06 PM

i got my dad one (40gb) an its great... do you have windows xp? i know the ipod software is a beotch to get working on anything else... I just installed itunes and the driver off the cd and it worked fine.

I also got it working on win2000, but that took about a week to figure out cause its completely unsupported and not very nice about letting you try to make it work.

MTK 09-16-2005 08:54 PM

I've got the 40gb one and I can't imagine life without it!

CooleyAsCanBe 09-16-2005 11:51 PM

I love my 20GB, but it was full a week after I got it. (My brother has a TON of music...Thanks Bro.) Gmanc, you downloaded iTunes I presume? Just making sure, since you will need that to use your iPod.

If your computer is a laptop, you could always stop by your local apple store and ask them.

By the way, did you buy a mini or one of the new Nanos?

MTK 09-18-2005 11:37 AM

The new nanos looks really cool, but until they have one that can hold 40gb or more, I'll be sticking with mine.

MTK 09-18-2005 12:20 PM

By the way, if you're looking to listen to your ipod in your car, this is a must.

[url]http://www.mp3yourcar.com/default.asp[/url]

It's a little pricey, but believe me it's well worth it.

That Guy 09-18-2005 12:36 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]The new nanos looks really cool, but until they have one that can hold 40gb or more, I'll be sticking with mine.[/QUOTE]

that might be YEARS, but it'd definately be cool...

Gmanc711 09-18-2005 12:48 PM

Just to update everyone I finally got it working. Of couse I messed somthing else up. I am having trouble putting of all things, freaking wallpaper up. Everytime I just to put a background up, it just goes to some blank color. Any suggestions?

Gmanc711 09-18-2005 12:52 PM

Nevermind, fixed it. You know I always thought I was pretty good with computers....after the last few days i'm going have to reevaluate that..LOL.

skinsguy 09-26-2005 08:18 PM

I've been wanting to get an iPod for the longest time! Especially at work! I burned a dvd's worth of tunes to listen to at work, but it would be nice to have an iPod that I could listen to in the car as well!

Gmanc711 09-26-2005 08:21 PM

[QUOTE=skinsguy]I've been wanting to get an iPod for the longest time! Especially at work! I burned a dvd's worth of tunes to listen to at work, but it would be nice to have an iPod that I could listen to in the car as well![/QUOTE]

I havent even had mine for 2 weeks, but I give it the highest reccomendation. Its truly amazing.

skinsguy 09-26-2005 08:25 PM

[QUOTE=Gmanc711]I havent even had mine for 2 weeks, but I give it the highest reccomendation. Its truly amazing.[/QUOTE]

That is cool! Honestly, I don't think I would need one with such a big storage compacity though....of course I say that now, LOL! If I purchase one, it would be definitely because I am sick of burning cds to use in my car -which don't even work half the time! It is something with my car cd player that causes the cds to distort their sound. It's frustrating........

TheMalcolmConnection 09-26-2005 08:34 PM

I would also recommend buying an MP3 compatible CD player for your car. Just burn about 100 songs to a CD and play it that way.

skinsguy 09-26-2005 08:38 PM

I thought about doing that...but the upside with an iPod is that I could bring it in to work with me and listen to it at my desk.

I don't know why I'm think about this....I've been trying to save for a house! You guys don't know how hard it's been for me not to buy a brand new Dell system! :)

TheMalcolmConnection 09-26-2005 08:53 PM

You might want to look into the Dell Digital Jukebox (if you download a lot of "questionable" tunes). To play things on the iPod, I BELIEVE you have to have iPod tunes. Correct me if I'm wrong though...

skinsguy 09-26-2005 11:04 PM

Nah...you can upload songs from cds to iTunes. Of course, music in Windows media format would probably have to be burned to a disk and ripped to the iTunes library, but that's no biggy.

skinsguy 09-26-2005 11:08 PM

I do know there is a utility called dbpoweramp that will convert music to the lossless format that apple iTunes uses.