Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Even Theisman going against us. (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=7917)

Daseal 09-18-2005 10:57 AM

Even Theisman going against us.

The man that said we could win the super bowl this year doesn't think we can beat Dallas.

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent[/url]

Simmons says we'll win:
Redskins (+6) over COWBOYS
Feels like a three-point game to me ... as well as a three-nap game. Is anyone else getting sleepy just thinking about this game?

BigSKINBauer 09-18-2005 11:00 AM

Re: Even Theisman going against us.

yah i saw that, sucks doesn't it

SUNRA 09-18-2005 11:01 AM

They'll all be shocked by tommorrow night. It's a shame that no one will go against the grain on this one. I know the odds are against us, but somehow, some way Gibbs coaches his best game tommorrow night.

Beemnseven 09-18-2005 11:03 AM

[QUOTE=Daseal]The man that said we could win the super bowl this year doesn't think we can beat Dallas.

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent[/url]

Simmons says we'll win:
Redskins (+6) over COWBOYS
Feels like a three-point game to me ... as well as a three-nap game. Is anyone else getting sleepy just thinking about this game?[/QUOTE]

Well, Theismann is right on. They're going to wipe the field up with the Skins, and Joe knows it. I'm predicting a score of 27-6.

As much as I'm sure the Skins are going to lose, I'll still watch it, hoping for a miracle. I don't think I'll be sleeping through it.

MTK 09-18-2005 11:15 AM

Joe can be wrong you know, after all does anyone really expect his Super Bowl prediction is going to come true?

I think it's going to be a close game. I think both teams are similar, strong defenses and running games, both led by veteran QBs.

I don't see where they are markedly better than us. Should be a tight game as always.

Gmanc711 09-18-2005 11:21 AM

I think after watching San Diego and Chicago today, we can get a better idea of this game. I think Chicago's defesne will prove to be a very very tough one, altho their offense is going to suck. San Diego we can see what they do/dont do well, and match dallas up that way.

SUNRA 09-18-2005 11:22 AM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]Joe can be wrong you know, after all does anyone really expect his Super Bowl prediction is going to come true?

I think it's going to be a close game. I think both teams are similar, strong defenses and running games, both led by veteran QBs.

I don't see where they are markedly better than us. Should be a tight game as always.[/QUOTE

Greg Williams knows Bledsoe better than Bledsoe knows himself. When your'e defensive minded, you tend to focus on a players strengths and weaknesses. Bledsoe's biggest weakness is no mobility. Our defense has to ring his bell all night until the time clock says 0:00.

12thMan 09-18-2005 11:24 AM

I mean we haven't won in Dallas since '95 - I can't blame him on this one.

I still think the Redskins will take them down.

MTK 09-18-2005 11:30 AM

[QUOTE=SUNRA]Greg Williams knows Bledsoe better than Bledsoe knows himself. When your'e defensive minded, you tend to focus on a players strengths and weaknesses. Bledsoe's biggest weakness is no mobility. Our defense has to ring his bell all night until the time clock says 0:00.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly why I see this game as a low scoring dogfight.

Williams will know how to confuse and attack Bledsoe.

Daseal 09-18-2005 11:33 AM

Matty, a look at the scoreboard shows where we're different. The Cowboys scored many TDs and we didn't score one. SD's defense isn't great, but it certainly isn't bad. I'm worried about getting TDs. I think we can get FGs. In good news, Bledsoe DID throw some balls to questionable places and SD didnt take advantage, so hopefully we can do that.

BigSKINBauer 09-18-2005 11:43 AM

dallas can win but they can't score over 18 points

I am looking at a score of 13-6 redskins.

SUNRA 09-18-2005 11:45 AM

[QUOTE=Daseal]Matty, a look at the scoreboard shows where we're different. The Cowboys scored many TDs and we didn't score one. SD's defense isn't great, but it certainly isn't bad. I'm worried about getting TDs. I think we can get FGs. In good news, Bledsoe DID throw some balls to questionable places and SD didnt take advantage, so hopefully we can do that.[/QUOTE]

You can't predict the Cowboys success against our team with the success they had against a lesser defense. If that's the case, we can look at how many points we allowed and how many points the Cowboys allowed. It's a big difference. Our defense #2, our offense #16. We gained 323 total yds. More than the Eagles, Giants and Cowboys did in total yds. Without penalties and stupid turnovers by the special teams, we win this game.

In this game, if we are going to be successful in moving the ball, Gibbs can not rely on Portis as he did last week. The short dump-offs and the screens allow Santana and David to go one on one with Newman and their other CBs. Get Sean Taylor involved early on in the game on offense. Dallas is focusing on Cooley and Portis, so throw to Mike Sellers, Rock Cartwright and Thrash. Dallas is not solid in their secondary. This is where San Diego was successful.

That Guy 09-18-2005 11:59 AM

[QUOTE=SUNRA]You can't predict the Cowboys success against our team with the success they had against a lesser defense. If that's the case, we can look at how many points we allowed and how many points the Cowboys allowed. It's a big difference. Our defense #2, our offense #16. We gained 323 total yds. More than the Eagles, Giants and Cowboys did in total yds. Without penalties and stupid turnovers by the special teams, we win this game.

In this game, if we are going to be successful in moving the ball, Gibbs can not rely on Portis as he did last week. The short dump-offs and the screens allow Santana and David to go one on one with Newman and their other CBs. Get Sean Taylor involved early on in the game on offense. Dallas is focusing on Cooley and Portis, so throw to Mike Sellers, Rock Cartwright and Thrash. Dallas is not solid in their secondary. This is where San Diego was successful.[/QUOTE]

nfl.com says we're the #6 scoring defensse and the #26 scoring offense... points win games, not yards.

SUNRA 09-18-2005 12:25 PM

[QUOTE=That Guy]nfl.com says we're the #6 scoring defensse and the #26 scoring offense... points win games, not yards.[/QUOTE]

USA TODAY reported our defense as 2# behind Buffalo, and 16# in offense. Yards are accumulated in the process of producing points. To me that's important.

Daseal 09-18-2005 12:28 PM

Sunra - we put up tons of yards against the Bears, we won with 3 FG's. It's been our problem last year and so far this year. We're not aggressive enough to punch it in so far. Week 2 is always so important in defining a team, by then the flukes of week 1 can be exposed or get another solid win and make people realize.