Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Some say, "It's just two wins." I say... (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=8106)

Sammy Baugh Fan 09-24-2005 11:13 AM

Some say, "It's just two wins." I say...

UNDEFEATED.

There are only 6 undefeated teams in the NFL and Redskins are one of them.

We'll still be undefeated after this week too.

And we'll still be undefeated after week #4 and the Seattle Seagals. Shawn Alexander meet Mr. Sean Taylor.

I'm am totally enjoying this if you can't tell.

peace
HAIL YEAH!

mike

skinsguy 09-24-2005 12:31 PM

Re: Some say, "It's just two wins." I say...

It's definitely an awesome feeling, and having a bye week after playing on the road on Monday night works out perfect for us.

Balmerskinsfan 09-24-2005 12:37 PM

It is great to be 2-0, but I wouldn't be surprised if Seattle beat the crap out of us. 2 miracle TDs does not an offense make. However, if old Fart Brunell has somehow regrown his passing arm, Seattle's D shouldn't pose too much of an obstacle.

illdefined 09-24-2005 12:38 PM

14 straight weeks will be super rough on the players.

this early season bye could be a real blessing though, if we take advantage and really adjust the offense to keep this 2-0 train going.

skinsguy 09-24-2005 12:41 PM

[QUOTE=Balmerskinsfan]It is great to be 2-0, but I wouldn't be surprised if Seattle beat the crap out of us. 2 miracle TDs does not an offense make. However, if old Fart Brunell has somehow regrown his passing arm, Seattle's D shouldn't pose too much of an obstacle.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about beating the crap out of us. That would mean our defense really letting us down big time, I just don't really see that happening against Seattle. I think it also depends how well Seattle defends against the run. Anybody know right off the bat?

Balmerskinsfan 09-24-2005 12:59 PM

I guess "beating the crap out of us" is an overstatement, but I wouldn't be surprised by a stinky loss to a team we are certainly good enough to beat.

mizzo skins man 09-24-2005 01:46 PM

I'm not buying my Super Bowl tickets yet. The offense looked horribly frustrating to me until the fourth qaurter. Hopefully this will give our team the confidence to run the offense like it should be ran.

I think that the Seahawks and the Broncos are both achievable wins for the skins. I feel we could be 4-0 going into Kansas City. :headbange

BigSKINBauer 09-24-2005 01:49 PM

wooooooooooooooo we kicked dallas's ass woooooooooo woooooooooooo

Luxorreb 09-24-2005 05:02 PM

Who woulda thought the 3 undefeated teams in the NFC would be the Bucs, Redskins and Giants???

Uh. Not me.

Daseal 09-24-2005 05:59 PM

2-0 is good, until I see we can substain some offense and keep our defense off the field I'm not so sure we belong in the playoff hunt. We've had two very close wins, and Ill take them, but I really want to see us PROGRESS in our offense, not regress. I think we saw what Moss can do. If we can do a few of those early it will work wonders for Portis. Which in turn will turn the playaction into a deadly call.

Paintrain 09-24-2005 08:05 PM

It's really key to get to 3-0 next weekend.. There was a stat on NFL Network last night that every team (12 of them last year) that started 3-0 in '04 finished above .500, 7 of them went to the playoffs.. With 2 weeks to prepare for a home game and Seattle being consistently inconsistent we should have an excellent chance at 3-0..

I have been saying since the schedule came out that we need to be no less than 4-2 going into the Eagles game on Nov. 6th if we wanted to make the playoffs.. After that (and now the Tampa game the following week) it should be a very manageable schedule (home for Oakland & SD, at St. Louis & Arizona) before our division run (2 of 3 games at Fed Ex though) at the end of the season.

BigSKINBauer 09-24-2005 08:29 PM

[QUOTE=Paintrain]It's really key to get to 3-0 next weekend.. There was a stat on NFL Network last night that every team (12 of them last year) that started 3-0 in '04 finished above .500, 7 of them went to the playoffs.. With 2 weeks to prepare for a home game and Seattle being consistently inconsistent we should have an excellent chance at 3-0..

I have been saying since the schedule came out that we need to be no less than 4-2 going into the Eagles game on Nov. 6th if we wanted to make the playoffs.. After that (and now the Tampa game the following week) it should be a very manageable schedule (home for Oakland & SD, at St. Louis & Arizona) before our division run (2 of 3 games at Fed Ex though) at the end of the season.[/QUOTE]
12 teams went 3-0 last year??? that seems allittle odd to me

one stat, 11 teams that won week one last year went to the playoffs, that is of the 16 teams that won in week one, sadly we were one of the five that didn't go

Paintrain 09-24-2005 09:54 PM

[QUOTE=BigSKINBauer]12 teams went 3-0 last year??? that seems allittle odd to me

one stat, 11 teams that won week one last year went to the playoffs, that is of the 16 teams that won in week one, sadly we were one of the five that didn't go[/QUOTE]
Correction, 12 teams in '03 & '04.. My bad..

BigSKINBauer 09-24-2005 10:33 PM

[QUOTE=Paintrain]Correction, 12 teams in '03 & '04.. My bad..[/QUOTE]
well like you said 7 of those teams made the playoffs so lets win that third game at home against the seahalks HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!!
PLAYOFFS BABY!!

Luxorreb 09-25-2005 06:48 AM

The more wins the better are chance at the playoffs!!!

Just broke it down simple for everyone.

2-0.
Seahawks won't be easy. Unfortunately none of our games are easy until our offense is putting up 30 pts a game. Thank goodness for our defense!
Bottom line is still all business; 2-0 is better than 0-2.