Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   QB play in Our Division (NFC East) (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=8129)

scowan 09-26-2005 09:28 AM

QB play in Our Division (NFC East)

Guys, I just wanted to throw this out there for discussion. Our division is going to really be tough if we continue to have QB Play like we have seen through the first 3 Weeks. Every QB in the NFC East is ranked in the top 13 in the NFL in Passer Rating right now. We all knew McNabb would be good, but Bledsoe and E. Manning's play has been a lot better than I expected. Maybe they have not played against great defenses yet, but it is eye opening. Especially Manning. He is really growing up in a hurry.

Gmanc711 09-26-2005 10:05 AM

Re: QB play in Our Division (NFC East)

Well I dont nessicarily think we must have QB play as good as those teams, as I think we can run the ball better, but I too am impressed by Eli Manning and Drew Bledose. I think Bledose will probaboly fall off a little bit though, he always starts off hot.

Schneed10 09-26-2005 10:15 AM

I think, in general, the NFC East is back. There was all that talk a year ago about the coaching prowess in the division now that Gibbs and Coughlin joined. It takes time for coaches to have an impact on their teams; after 3 years with Parcells the Cowboys are looking competitive, the Giants are playing tough under Coughlin, the Skins look inspired thanks to Gibbs, and the Eagles are still the Eagles with Reid.

I think the QB play is largely a reflection of the offenses just starting to learn their respective systems and get their acts together. I do think the QB play is extremely important and if the Skins can't keep it up with the downfield threats, we might be in trouble. But I actually think the thing that will separate the NFC East teams from each other will be who can run the ball more effectively.

That Guy 09-26-2005 10:41 AM

the gints haven't faced a good D yet, but manning has still looked pretty good. Their D must have been a mirage brought on by crappy offenses, cause it looked terrible.

VTSkins897 09-26-2005 12:06 PM

bledsoe is a bit above average id say he's put up some pts (not against us though!). manning is better than last year but still will improve throughout the season. mcnabb is mcnabb. i just want to see brunell and the offense to put up good numbers for an entire game.

JWsleep 09-26-2005 01:30 PM

THe QB play is imporved overall in the division, but that's not much of a surprise:

1. 2nd year for Eli; he looks good, IMO.

2. Bledsoe is better than Vinny.

3. Not sure it was physically possible for Brunnell to get worse.

4. Donovan canlight it up.

Big questions: Is McNabb hurt? Can Bledsoe stay upright all year? HOw will Eli do against a good D (he gets us and philly twice...)? Will Brunnell continue to play like he did late in the Dallas game?

Glad we have a good D and a good running game--that helps lessen the impact of QB play. But, as we've all seen, we need it every once in a while! :)