Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2004 Schedule Released (Merged Threads) (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=820)

SmootSmack 04-13-2004 11:19 AM

Schedule to be Unveiled Wednesday

I imagine we'll have a lot to discuss on this thread once the schedule is officially released

[url]http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/7252867[/url]

MTK 04-13-2004 12:18 PM

I wish we could find out the training camp schedule already so I can make some vacation plans!

SKINSnCANES 04-13-2004 02:28 PM

Want to make a poll to try to guess how many primetime games the skins will get?

Gmanc711 04-13-2004 02:31 PM

God I've been waiting for this thing to come out now for like 6 weeks.

SKINSnCANES 04-13-2004 02:37 PM

Yea me to. I dont know what city im going to end up getting a job in. Im hoping to get this position in DC so I can go to all the homegames, but if not I want to see what away games I could get to. Im thinking about going to the Dallas game in Dallas this year, ive always wanted to. Im so tired of FED EX field having so much blue and silver in it. I hope its not as bad this year and ill bring so Skins colors to Dallas.

joecrisp 04-13-2004 03:19 PM

That's sweet that we'll be able to watch the show live on NFL.com! It really sucks that my cable provider doesn't carry NFL Network, but hopefully, NFL.com will start carrying some of the shows like this live over the internet. Come 5pm tomorrow, I'll be glued to my... computer monitor.

skinsfanthru&thru 04-13-2004 03:55 PM

what teams would we rather not play late in the schedule (crappy weather), but instead play earlier in the year? And how tough is our schedule ranked? we always seem to have one of the tougher schedules in the league even when we finish a year as bad as we did last season. If I remember correctly a couple of years ago we had to play all four of the teams who'd been in the conference finals the year before.

Daseal 04-13-2004 05:39 PM

Aren't schedules made 4 or so years in advance? But our schedule this year is moderatly hard, no doubt about it!

SmootSmack 04-13-2004 05:44 PM

[QUOTE=Daseal]Aren't schedules made 4 or so years in advance? But our schedule this year is moderatly hard, no doubt about it![/QUOTE]

I think for the most part yes the teams are chosen but the specifics of the schedule aren't

mizzo skins man 04-13-2004 05:46 PM

Thank God, I've been waiting for ever. I go to Dallas every year. I need tickets and hotel. I've been just waiting on the date to pull the trigger.

mizzo skins man 04-13-2004 05:49 PM

Hey skinsandcanes, Dallas is a fun city, but Texas Stadium is a world class dump.

SKINSnCANES 04-13-2004 06:34 PM

Jerry Jones wants a new stadium though doesnt he. I remember a year or so ago there were talks of him wanting one.

Isnt the schedule done as follows, the four year schedule is made up so that we play every division. So we play two full division every year, our division and two wildcard games. It used to be the worst teams in a division the year before play the worst teams in teh other division, but with four team division that changed.

Beemnseven 04-13-2004 10:53 PM

[QUOTE=SKINSnCANES]Jerry Jones wants a new stadium though doesnt he. I remember a year or so ago there were talks of him wanting one.[/QUOTE]

That's right. In fact, I've heard that he wants a 100,000 seat stadium -- which would be the biggest in the NFL by far. And he'll probably get it.

SKINSnCANES 04-13-2004 11:41 PM

FED EX field will have over 100k within three years, i bet. Assuming we keep to our 5k a year rate, mabye in less than two

sonny-j-no9 04-14-2004 08:32 AM

[QUOTE=SKINSnCANES]Want to make a poll to try to guess how many primetime games the skins will get?[/QUOTE]
I'd guess two on MNF two Sunday/Thursday nite, NFC divisional playoffs, NFC championship game and the superbowl -- Looks like 7 to me...