Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   USA Today Gibbs Articles- Skins staying put at #5?? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=843)

raleighskinsfan 04-16-2004 03:01 PM

Samuels and Gardner for the #1 or #2 I could live with since we have so many good receivers. I just don't want to give up that #5 pick! I want to see Vince Wolfork or Sean Taylor as a Redskin!

SKINSnCANES 04-16-2004 03:55 PM

I think they have to sign him to atleast a one year deal. Theres nothing that says we will have taylor, and we'll need a solid backup either way.

BrudLee 04-16-2004 04:01 PM

[QUOTE=']<ing']The rumour that I heard was Samuals and Gardner for the #1 --- then taking Gallery with the #1, and Taylor with the #5.

Not too bad in my opinion.[/QUOTE]
Hell, give 'em Trotter too!

SKINSnCANES 04-16-2004 04:05 PM

lol, give them Trotter, Samuels, Trung, L. Moore...umm who else do we need to get rid of becuase of cap figures...R.Wynn....lol think theyd go for it.

cpayne5 04-16-2004 04:13 PM

Haha, maybe. We'd basically be giving them the core of a team. We'd be like $15million under the cap with that deal.

I do like the Samuels/Gardner for #1. I would definitely not give up the #5 just to move up a couple spots. If we get rid of #60 for gallery, gallery would come in with a more cap friendly contract that would probably give us about $5million extra room under the cap.

SKINSnCANES 04-16-2004 04:15 PM

As long as we get either Winslow, Taylor or Wilfork. I really want us to draft a Cane.

SKINSnCANES 04-16-2004 04:16 PM

Hell, Miami is going to break the record this year for players drafted in the first round. If we traded down I wouldnt mind DJ Williams, J. Vilma or Vernon Carey either. V.Carey hasnt had much publicity, but if he was on our online, portis' jersey would never get dirty. We'd have the best oline in the league. (with either Samuels or Gallery)

JoeRedskin 04-16-2004 04:37 PM

[QUOTE=SKINSnCANES]As long as we get either Winslow, Taylor or Wilfork. I really want us to draft a Cane.[/QUOTE]

And why might that be S&T?? hmmmm

SKINSnCANES 04-16-2004 04:39 PM

Well you know, all they teach us at my school is football so...

hi-jinx 04-16-2004 04:46 PM

Espn News just reported that the Skin's have placed a call to San Deigo about a possible trade for the first pick. Am I missing something? They only players we can get at 1 that we can't get at 5 is Galley or Manning. I can't believe we ae going for a QB, so that means the Skins really want Galley, right? I tell ya I can't wait till this draft is over, this year's raft just has o many questions.

SKINSnCANES 04-16-2004 04:48 PM

You have a link to that report.

JoeRedskin 04-16-2004 04:51 PM

[QUOTE=SKINSnCANES]Well you know, all they teach us at my school is football so...[/QUOTE]

So I've heard - will you be registering for next year's draft??

SKINSnCANES 04-16-2004 04:53 PM

nah, I wouldnt want to take the risk of getting drafted by Dallas. Im just going to go the Skins camp wearing a Ray Lewis Canes Jersey and try out.

]<ing 04-16-2004 04:56 PM

The rumour that I heard was Samuals and Gardner for the #1 --- then taking Gallery with the #1, and Taylor with the #5.

Not too bad in my opinion.

hi-jinx 04-16-2004 04:56 PM

[QUOTE=SKINSnCANES]You have a link to that report.[/QUOTE]

It was on the Espn News TV, they didnt say much about it. Just sorta broke in and said the Skins "put a call in".

You think the Bolts would take Samuels and Gardner for the #1 pick? I don't.