Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Eagles looking to move up (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/853-eagles-looking-to-move-up.html)

skinsfanthru&thru 04-16-2004 10:39 PM

Eagles looking to move up

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1783721[/url]

Who do you guys think they'll look to target if this deal goes through cuz they need help at the lb spot, corner back, wr, and running back. I think this might be a move to get Mike Williams or maybe vilma.

Daseal 04-16-2004 10:56 PM

I think they'll leave WR alone for now, CB maybe, but they have young guys already that are good, Running Back? Westbrook and Buckhalter anyone? LB maybe, D line maybe. Not sure exactly what they need, but I feel they are a pretty solid team.

skins009 04-16-2004 10:58 PM

I think there only holes are at linebacker, and o-line. I think they'll looking for one of teh two linebackers from Miami.

SKINSnCANES 04-17-2004 01:35 AM

I hope they dont draft one of them... last year both the Giants and Eagles drafted a Cane in the first round, it makes me very torn about how I feel about them. Heck the Giants have done it for atleast two years in a row.

RedskinPete 04-17-2004 08:28 AM

I say what the He**!!!

[QUOTE=SKINSnCANES]I hope they dont draft one of them... last year both the Giants and Eagles drafted a Cane in the first round, it makes me very torn about how I feel about them. Heck the Giants have done it for atleast two years in a row.[/QUOTE]
I don't care what college you come out if you go to any of those eastern teams they are soiled!!! Unless you come to the Redskins and see the error of thier sinfull way with those teams!! :smashfrea

itvnetop 04-17-2004 08:58 AM

i can see them trying to nab k. jones, who will probably still be available at 16 (with the thinking that jackson is gone in the top 10. they'd probably do it knowing dallas wants him a little later on- this just gaurantees it they get him instead of the boys.

SKINSnCANES 04-17-2004 12:12 PM

hey if the Eagles want to play games with the cowboys and give up extra picks to draft him then let them... The eagles dont have a elite running back but they had three that worked well last year, mabye they figure rotating four will be even more successful. They might be looking to nap a receiver as well. They did get TO but are still looking for a compliment to him, their other receivers havetn panned out the way they would have liekd

SmootSmack 04-17-2004 12:27 PM

Drafting a running back wouldn't surprise me either. They lost Staley and Westbrook is coming off a major knee injury so their only healthy running back is Buckhalter

SKINSnCANES 04-17-2004 01:03 PM

Their team could be in trouble if they dont have a running game next year. McNabb hasnt gone well with relying on a passing game. Granted TO is there now, but McNabb ahs become relient on a sound running game I feel. If he cant get teh ball to TO, their O could be shut down.

Daseal 04-17-2004 01:06 PM

Well, Westbrook and Buckhalter were the ones that won for the Eagles, Staley was less than impressive when compared to them. I feel the Eagles have larger needs than Running Back.

SKINSnCANES 04-17-2004 01:10 PM

I havent read anything about westbrooks recovery. If hes back to 100% then they dont have a large need for HB. Which is why I think they should draft one, keep the cryboys from getting who they want and not fill a more pressing need.

I still think they are looking receiver, or mabye even dline again.

SmootSmack 04-17-2004 01:46 PM

From the Philadelphia Daily News

"If the Eagles are intent on moving up in the draft, they must be targeting a specific player. One NFL source contended last night that the player was Oregon State running back Steven Jackson, but that would be a little surprising. Even though the Eagles lost Duce Staley in free-agency, they still have Brian Westbrook and Correll Buckhalter, a restricted free agent who did not get any offers from other teams before yesterday's deadline. And it isn't at all clear that Jackson, who could be the first back taken in the draft, would still be around at 16.

Moving up from 28 to 16 probably would dramatically improve the Birds' chances of nabbing prospects such as Ohio State cornerback Chris Gamble, Miami linebacker Jonathan Vilma, or Louisiana State wideout Michael Clayton. But this draft is said to be especially deep in wide receivers. It isn't clear that the Eagles would necessarily get a better wide receiver at 16 than at 28."

SKINSnCANES 04-17-2004 02:46 PM

I dont know if it was a smart trade for them, unless they are going after the Miami Linebackers.

mizzo skins man 04-17-2004 05:56 PM

They should be looking for corners. After losing two pretty damn good ones. I hope they don't, so Coles can have a monster day on some youngins (for those of you not living south of the Mason-Dixin line, that means young football players.) he he

We really need to get some quality wins in the division if we're going to stand a chance.

SKINSnCANES 04-17-2004 06:00 PM

Yea our stragedy of just trying to win the other ten games isnt working out so well... winning the division would be a very nice treat!!