Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Trading up to secure Taylor? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=859)

SKINSnCANES 04-17-2004 04:03 PM

Trading up to secure Taylor?

There are tons of rumors about us contacting the Raiders and the Chargers. Most of which are about us getting Gallery or Manning. Anyone considered that they may be trying to secure Taylor. Theres a lot of rumors about teams that really covet him trying to get him, and its known that the Skins have interest in him at five.

Do you think it would be worth moving up to secure him? I dont, I think we shouldnt give up anythign else and should just take Winslow if Taylor is gone, or trade down and get Wilfork (whos my surprise pick of this draft, my bet is he is the first dlinemen taken).

SmootSmack 04-17-2004 04:18 PM

I've heard some rumors that if Fitzgerald isn't available when the Cardinals draft they might take Taylor but I don't know how true that is.

I agree though that if Taylor falls to 5 take him, but don't trade up to get him. Take Winslow, or Harris, or Udeze, or Wilfork

SKINSnCANES 04-17-2004 04:29 PM

Yea he could go at three, but I see Fitzergerald being available at three, and they are really high on him. Most likely, if Taylor had been picked before the fifth spot, its because the chargers traded to four with the Giants, then traded again with someone else.

mizzo skins man 04-17-2004 05:45 PM

I'm pretty much in agreement with most of you out there, that if Taylor is available at #5 take him, but if he is not I would go for Wilfork, Harris, or Udeze. DON'T GO OFFENSIVE!, call me a hypocrite If Kellen Winslow Jr. is available, then maybe, I mean maybe, I take him.

Damn, Working the draft room must be a bitch.

SKINSnCANES 04-17-2004 05:56 PM

yea, but I assume they are going to walk in there with a game plan, and a map of options. All the decisions and scenerios will be worked out prior to draft day. I just wish they would give us a little peak as to what their plans are

Hogskin 04-18-2004 05:22 AM

It's really not likely the Redskins would trade up to #1 or 2, to take Taylor. Good shot they will grab him at #5 if they keep the pick, but no way they could pass up Manning or Gallery on either of the first two picks. If the #1 or #2 pick was traded to another team, I could see someone different taken at one of those positions, but not Taylor. As good as he is, you still won't see a safety going that early in such a rich draft as this is.

Carnage 04-18-2004 10:22 AM

Agreed. You do not trade up to number 2 or 1 for a safety.

redwagonskins 04-18-2004 12:12 PM

I'm really hoping that this is just a bluff rather than another Danny boy moment trying to sign a big name like Manning. Don't get me wrong, I'll be one of the first to go out and get a Manning Jersey but is that what we really need? The gallery trade up option is idiotic. Taylor will be available at 5 (as well as a lot of other great picks). The Manning rumor has some strength behind it because 1. we got Brunnell to start for 2-3 years 2. we held on to Ramsey even with the Fins begging for him. Here's my conspiracy theory: if in fact the skins want Manning then they talked to his agent a month ago and told him they wanted to trade him in the draft which is why they have been quite ever since. Of course, it's all inuendo and I don't believe it for a second but that is what makes the draft to great!

redwagonskins 04-18-2004 12:16 PM

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft04/news/story?id=1783996[/url]

Of course, that pretty much sums up this whole trading up to 1 talk.

SKINSnCANES 04-18-2004 02:17 PM

nah, you cant beleive much of what you read in articles this week. Theres no rule saying a GM/Owner cant lie about who they want out of the draft.

SKINSnCANES 04-18-2004 02:18 PM

Getting Manning, trading Ramsey does make sense if Brunell is going to start for a few years, even if its only two, and trading Ramsey. We dont want to give Ramsey a big contract when it runs out and not know if hes matured and gotten better by not playing.

love them hogs 04-18-2004 03:33 PM

No trading up for a saftey and no trading Ramsey.

JWsleep 04-18-2004 10:25 PM

I think this is a lot of pre-draft chatter. I don't think we've got the value to trade up, so it's a moot point.

Sit at 5 and take the best talent, or trade down, and draft on the d-line.

We'll know in less than a week!!!!

SKINSnCANES 04-18-2004 11:52 PM

Theres really no reason for us to trade up. Theres plenty of talent out there, and theres no way that Taylor and Winslow are going to be gone at 5 anyways. We'll see hwat happens...its going to be a long week.... Between my birthday on thursday and the draft. I feel like a kid waiting for xmas.

Skins fan 44 04-19-2004 10:34 AM

I think we should take Taylor, if not Winslow, If not available D- Line or a great trade. Do not go up.