Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   5th and 6th round (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=889)

jasonskin 04-19-2004 05:16 PM

5th and 6th round

who will we get in the 5 and 6 rounds. is there any good special teams players

Daseal 04-19-2004 05:52 PM

We got people to serve the other players lunch and to fuel the Redskins name in NFL Europe.

Gmanc711 04-19-2004 06:58 PM

I'm just hoping they roll the dice with the d-line in the 5th and 6th round and maybe get lucky.

skinsfanthru&thru 04-19-2004 08:55 PM

either special teamers, back up lbs with good potential, or linemen whether it be offensive or defensive. I don't know what type of round projection he has but nathaniel adibi of va tech is a good pass rushing de who should be in the 5th-6th rounds. i don't really know of too many players who will fall to our picks other than some local players cuz u just don't really hear too much about who might fall to those rounds.

PSUskinsfan11 04-20-2004 01:14 PM

here's 2 thoughts for the 5th and 6th round

ILB Rod Davis of Southern Miss: very underrated, had 300+ tackles the past 2 years, 4.6-4.7 speed, will be a solid backup and in my eyes could start in a few years, would be a great pick up especially if trotter is gone.

FB/TE Sean McHugh of PSU: big powerful guy (6'4" 265), blocks well, good on short yardage runs, has deceptive speed (slow 40 but plays faster), can catch out of backfield and run people over, similar to Brian Johnson but better blocker and bigger, could provide Gibbs with the H-back he covets.

BOTH of these guys could be big time steals and would fit the redskins well.

skinsfanthru&thru 04-20-2004 10:33 PM

[QUOTE=PSUskinsfan11]here's 2 thoughts for the 5th and 6th round

ILB Rod Davis of Southern Miss: very underrated, had 300+ tackles the past 2 years, 4.6-4.7 speed, will be a solid backup and in my eyes could start in a few years, would be a great pick up especially if trotter is gone.

FB/TE Sean McHugh of PSU: big powerful guy (6'4" 265), blocks well, good on short yardage runs, has deceptive speed (slow 40 but plays faster), can catch out of backfield and run people over, similar to Brian Johnson but better blocker and bigger, could provide Gibbs with the H-back he covets.

BOTH of these guys could be big time steals and would fit the redskins well.[/QUOTE]

what type of frame does davis have? what type of coverage skills does he have?
mchugh sounds like he might be a decent h-back 2.

sportscurmudgeon 04-20-2004 11:11 PM

Brandon Kennedy (North Texas State) is a DT who might draw a lot of Redskins interest if he is available late in the draft.

PSUskinsfan11 04-21-2004 02:00 AM

[QUOTE=skinsfanthru&thru]what type of frame does davis have? what type of coverage skills does he have?
mchugh sounds like he might be a decent h-back 2.[/QUOTE]

Sean McHugh fb/te:(6-5 1/8, 262) ran his 40s in 4.80 and 4.76. He did not do a long jump but had a 28-inch vertical, 19 strength reps, ran 4.19 in short shuttle and 6.81 in three-cone drill. A powerful runner and blocker with soft hands, McHugh is an intense competitor who provided leadership and significant contributions for a very inexperienced team in 2003. His size and pass catching skills could see him shift back to tight end or convert to halfback at the pro level . Started 19 of 41 games, catching 44 passes for 297 yards (6.8 avg.) and a touchdown while adding 322 yards and six scores on 82 carries (3.9 avg.) and also recorded 12 tackles (6 solos).

Rod Davis mlb: (6-2, 239) ran his 40s in 4.67 and 4.77. 36-inch vertical, a 9-7 long jump and a 6.98 in the three-cone drill.Recorded 362 tackles (246 solos) with 14½ sacks for minus 102 yards and 40½ stops for losses of 177 yards during his career, adding 14 deflected passes, two forced fumbles and six interceptions for 82 yards in returns. a string of 23 games with at least 10 tackles during his 35-game career

skinsfanthru&thru 04-21-2004 02:20 AM

thanks for the info PSUskinsfan11. on an off topic question since your a fan of penn state, do you see this as coach paterno's final year whether he goes willingly or not? i hope psu doesn't try and force him out but it's obvious they just aren't getting the same recruits they used to anymore and part of that falls on paterno being the head coach.

PSUskinsfan11 04-21-2004 08:53 AM

[QUOTE=skinsfanthru&thru]thanks for the info PSUskinsfan11. on an off topic question since your a fan of penn state, do you see this as coach paterno's final year whether he goes willingly or not? i hope psu doesn't try and force him out but it's obvious they just aren't getting the same recruits they used to anymore and part of that falls on paterno being the head coach.[/QUOTE]

This is the last year in his contract and I think that he is a pilar in state college and if he expresses intrest that he wants to stay for a few years they will sign him to a new contract. However JoePa will do whats best for the team and if he thinks it would be better for recruiting purposes for him to retire after this season, he will. Everyone in Happy Valley respects what he has done and will leave it up to him. Just don't start sleeping on us, he quietly had on of the top recruiting classes in the country.

skinsfanthru&thru 04-21-2004 12:30 PM

i'd love for penn state to return to glory and be able to compete with osu and michigan again.

PSUskinsfan11 04-21-2004 01:13 PM

[QUOTE=skinsfanthru&thru]i'd love for penn state to return to glory and be able to compete with osu and michigan again.[/QUOTE]

I think we have a good shot. Number 1 qb coming in, some top linebackers, dt transfer, and some hold overs.....WAKE and SCOTT will have a big year.

SKINSnCANES 04-21-2004 10:46 PM

is Zach Mills going to play QB next year for Penn? He was one of my good friends, went to school together, played on the same sports teams growing up. He got to play because Miamis D killed their old QB, hes had some rough times but I hope he does well.

PSUskinsfan11 04-22-2004 01:04 PM

Good god skinsncanes please don't bring up Matt Seneca he was a linebacker playing qb, it was a low point in our history. You don't want me to bring up kevin Thompson's strike to Chafie Fields do ya???? just playin'. I think Zach is starting as of now but the position is said to be wide open. Mike Robinson and Mills are supposed to be the 2 main canidates but there are I think 5 other qb's on the roster one of them being Anothony Moreli the number 2 qb in the nation for his class so it will be interesting to see what happens. I just pray that if Joe starts Zach he doesn't hesitate to pull him for someone else if he plays like he did last year.