Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Terrel Owens: Not A Free Agent? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=89)

redwagonskins 02-27-2004 10:41 AM

I don't care who you point the finger at..it's still funny. Now the Philly Beagles will have to provide COMPENSATION to the 49ers in return for their WR savior. That is the really good news out of all of this!

dieselhog 02-27-2004 10:56 AM

It is funny, yes. V funny. I just have a feeling that the NFLPA might be made to admit that an error was made. There is a lot of $ at stake here and as we all know, the NFL dosen't like to miss $ opportunities.

I know TO says he wants to play in Philly but will the Eagles be prepared to pay that sort of money of him? I'm not sure, it could be interesting.

:rolleyes:

redwagonskins 02-27-2004 10:59 AM

From the S.F. media: "don't expect Owens to be in S.F. next year. Owens is to the 49ers as same sex marriage is to President Bush". It just keeps getting better.

Defensewins 02-27-2004 11:19 AM

dieselhog
That is not a very good excuse. The players Agents get paid a ton of money to represent the players. This is their (agents) profession, the Agents should be up on the latest rule changes. The NFLPA does not own the only copy of the owners/players collective bargaining agreement. Each agent should own and absorb the section related to player contracts and deadlines.
If my lawyer were not up to date on the latest law changes related to our bussiness and most importantly our livelyhood, I would get one that kept up with it.

Phinehas 02-27-2004 11:24 AM

My understanding is that, although a team must now compensate the 49ers with trades, picks, etc., the upside is that, since TO is still under his old contract, the finacial cost might end up being a lot less than if they'd had to negotiate a new contract with him. So, even if the NFLPA doesn't relent on the paperwork issue, the Eagles might still consider trading for TO.

--Phin

diehardskin2982 02-27-2004 12:51 PM

Good as long as he doesn't come to the NFC east I'll be happy. Hell we're already going to have take on me-shawn and cowgirls next season with no champ so this is a plus for us

cpayne5 02-27-2004 01:01 PM

The addition of Sean Taylor will certainly help our situation against dallas, especially with champ leaving.

johnnyredskin63 02-27-2004 07:33 PM

[COLOR=DarkRed]i would really hate to be TO's agent nowadays.sitting on the hotseat must feel cool to him about now.i heard on espn news that missing that filing deadline could cost TO almost 13 million dollars.....
i would hate to be his agent.can you smell a lawsuit???i still think that its funny,but hey dennis nortcutt of clevland did the same thing.college degrees earned by atheletes ai'nt what they used to be are they??? :D [/COLOR]

BrudLee 02-27-2004 10:20 PM

The real shocker here is that Terrell Owens's agent has one client - Terrell Owens. It's not like he was taking care of fifty other guys, and forgot about TO's deadline.

What I don't understand is why didn't this agent file the papers the day after the season ended? It's not a contest to see who can file last.

Daseal 02-27-2004 11:02 PM

One client... He should maybe advertise a little!