Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New Stuff (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=9082)

skinsfanthru&thru 11-16-2005 08:19 PM

New Stuff

I'm so psyched. I just got my first personally bought tv. It's not much compared to some, but my new 27' Toshiba is a heck of a bit better than my old 17' Phillips (it changed channels, volume, and turned on/off randomly with no one even near the remote, so it needed to go.) And this is on the heels of getting my first car almost a month ago to the day. Life is pretty good right now and finally I can enjoy my skins the way they were intended to be enjoyed. :biggthump :httr:

BigSKINBauer 11-16-2005 08:21 PM

Re: New Stuff

[QUOTE=skinsfanthru&thru]I'm so psyched. I just got my first personally bought tv. It's not much compared to some, but my new 27' Toshiba is a heck of a bit better than my old 17' Phillips (it changed channels, volume, and turned on/off randomly with no one even near the remote, so it needed to go.) And this is on the heels of getting my first car almost a month ago to the day. Life is pretty good right now and finally I can enjoy my skins the way they were intended to be enjoyed. :biggthump :httr:[/QUOTE]
my mommy and daddy get me all my stuff, all my stuff exept a car:cussing: :screama:

but very very cool

Warpath 11-16-2005 08:28 PM

The one I got in college a few years back is a 27 inch Zenith that I thought was the best tv in the world.(At that time of course) Well it turns out, it cuts off the top and the bottom of the tv signal. So when watching Redskins games you could never be able to see how much time is left. Sometimes you can tell the score, but the time is usually never seen. I still use this tv but its hard to play playstation on it as it is just as hard to watch NFL games on it. Either way, congrats man, whats the next purchase?
p.s. I always get asked if there is a Vertical hold on the tv and the answer is no. And I met another guy with the same tv who had the exact same problem with his.

skinsfanthru&thru 11-16-2005 09:09 PM

[QUOTE=Warpath]The one I got in college a few years back is a 27 inch Zenith that I thought was the best tv in the world.(At that time of course) Well it turns out, it cuts off the top and the bottom of the tv signal. So when watching Redskins games you could never be able to see how much time is left. Sometimes you can tell the score, but the time is usually never seen. I still use this tv but its hard to play playstation on it as it is just as hard to watch NFL games on it. Either way, congrats man, whats the next purchase?
p.s. I always get asked if there is a Vertical hold on the tv and the answer is no. And I met another guy with the same tv who had the exact same problem with his.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to test that out or wait til sunday, I do know that I can switch the picture with a button to widescreen format which is pretty kewl. As far as my next purchase, it's the 360 but I've been smart about that and have been paying it off in bits and peices since I preordered mine back in May. all I have to pretty much do is pick it up. Getting a promotion has allowed me to do quite a few things I wouldn't have even thought of a year or 2 ago.
and thanks for the congrats u guys.

Redskins8588 11-16-2005 11:23 PM

what model is your Toshiba? about a year ago I bought a 27'' toshiba too, and i love it it has a really good picture. I think that you will like it overall it is a very good tv. no complaints(SP) here...

skinsfanthru&thru 11-16-2005 11:53 PM

[QUOTE=Redskins8588]what model is your Toshiba? about a year ago I bought a 27'' toshiba too, and i love it it has a really good picture. I think that you will like it overall it is a very good tv. no complaints(SP) here...[/QUOTE]

The only thing I remember about what type of model it is is that it says FstPure on the manual, lol. I don't know a whole bunch about tvs and luckly my manager and a friend of ours helped advise me on which one to get. I love the picture, but I think it'll take me a bit to find the perfect combination of sharpness, brightness, etc.. especially since I'm not used to a screen this big in my room.

That Guy 11-17-2005 06:07 AM

one thing i noticed last time i was looking at tvs (my dad wanted one and he likes dragging me along) is that the settings on the floor models are beyond screwed up... if you sit there and play with contrast/brightness etc controls on the things you can make them look a lot better (at least for the cheap ones... i wonder if the stores make them look awful on purpose, or if its just a million people screwing with them as they wander around)

BDBohnzie 11-17-2005 10:50 AM

from what i understand, the floor models are jacked up to look the brightest they can. of course, we all don't have the brightness and contrast levels tuned all the way up, but they do it because it's supposed to be an attention grabber.

good luck with the new TV! Toshiba makes a quality TV. My parents have an old 27inch one that still runs great, and they do have quality picture to them. I just love my Sonys (32 Inch in living room, 24 inch in bedroom).

BDBohnzie 11-17-2005 10:54 AM

[url]http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/brandspecific/zenith/zenith_svcmenucodes.html[/url]

this may help with the vertical hold problem on the Zenith...i'm pretty sure it's similar to any model they've made.

MTK 11-17-2005 03:21 PM

[QUOTE=skinsfanthru&thru]I'm so psyched. I just got my first personally bought tv. It's not much compared to some, but my new 27' Toshiba is a heck of a bit better than my old 17' Phillips (it changed channels, volume, and turned on/off randomly with no one even near the remote, so it needed to go.) And this is on the heels of getting my first car almost a month ago to the day. Life is pretty good right now and finally I can enjoy my skins the way they were intended to be enjoyed. :biggthump :httr:[/QUOTE]

Enjoy, it's definitely cool to get to that point in life where you can buy yourself "toys".

skinsguy 11-17-2005 07:50 PM

It's an awesome feeling to purchase your very first car. At least until you start paying it back and paying for the insurance! I remember sitting around the house thinking of reasons why I needed to go into to town. Now, I hate driving...LOL!

itvnetop 11-17-2005 09:58 PM

[QUOTE=skinsfanthru&thru]I'm so psyched. I just got my first personally bought tv. It's not much compared to some, but my new 27' Toshiba is a heck of a bit better than my old 17' Phillips [/QUOTE]

dude, my first bought television was also a toshiba 27'! albeit, it was over 5 bills in '98 (hopefully the prices were way down for you).

Toshiba has top notch video equipment. Mine is as sharp as the first day I had it- only my PIP doesn't work b/c I lost the TV remote.

skinsfanthru&thru 11-18-2005 12:11 AM

[QUOTE=itvnetop]dude, my first bought television was also a toshiba 27'! albeit, it was over 5 bills in '98 (hopefully the prices were way down for you).

Toshiba has top notch video equipment. Mine is as sharp as the first day I had it- only my PIP doesn't work b/c I lost the TV remote.[/QUOTE]

it was 325 after tax. my manager said when he got pretty much the same tv last year that he paid about 480 for his so not too bad. I can't wait to watch some football on it as well as some more movies with lots of special effects, lol.

Warpath 11-18-2005 04:36 PM

[QUOTE=BDBohnzie][url]http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/brandspecific/zenith/zenith_svcmenucodes.html[/url]

this may help with the vertical hold problem on the Zenith...i'm pretty sure it's similar to any model they've made.[/QUOTE]
Man i started messing around with some of those codes, and now whenever I change the channel the tvs cuts off then back on on channel 2 (OLN). I cannot seem to figure out how this happened as I didnt even think I changed anything. Oh well looks like ive defniitely screwed this tv up good now.

BDBohnzie 11-19-2005 03:39 PM

there has to be a master reset among those codes...if not, you may have to call Zenith customer support and see if they can't help you. My bad, man.