Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   dave fiore (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/914-dave-fiore.html)

jasonskin 04-21-2004 12:31 PM

dave fiore

Whats up with dave fiore is he still injured

JoeRedskin 04-21-2004 12:52 PM

I think so. But JoeC will probably no for certain. I remember there being some talk of Fiore being a post June 1 cut or reaching an injury settlement with the Skins. But that was awhile back, I haven't heard anything lately.

SKINSnCANES 04-21-2004 12:53 PM

I think JoeC mentioned that hes thinking about retiring.

skinsfanthru&thru 04-21-2004 12:54 PM

he's been advised to retire because of his knees getting worse and worse i believe.

SKINSnCANES 04-21-2004 01:33 PM

I hope Bugel can work wonders with Dockery.

Mattyk 04-21-2004 01:35 PM

Fiore is probably done.

skinsfanthru&thru 04-21-2004 01:40 PM

[QUOTE=SKINSnCANES]I hope Bugel can work wonders with Dockery.[/QUOTE]

i am willing to bet he's in the probowl in atleast 2-3 years.

cpayne5 04-21-2004 01:41 PM

[QUOTE=SKINSnCANES]I hope Bugel can work wonders with Dockery.[/QUOTE]
Dockery's play improved greatly over the course of last season.

JWsleep 04-21-2004 02:17 PM

In Bugel's press conference at the minicamp, he mentioned the Fiore was having trouble with the knee. I bet he's done. Bugel also metioned the Dockery needed a lot of work, though he was giving his all. Still, given the coaching staffs penchant for vets, I would be surprised if Dockery opens the season as a starter.

JoeRedskin 04-21-2004 02:19 PM

I wouldn't. Dockery needs work but we don't have a lot of depth. From what I saw last year, Dockery has the right size and good quickness. His errors seemed to me to be mostly due to mental mistakes. Good coaching should help with that. Also, I am just not sure who we have who is better. Nor do I see us going out and getting someone else for the line.

Jamaican'Skin 04-21-2004 03:24 PM

I think Bugel will be able to make a difference with the entire line. The 2000s edition of the Hogs.

joecrisp 04-21-2004 03:44 PM

Fiore isn't expected back for 2004, due to the deteriorating condition in his knees. Fiore is still holding out hope, but the chances of the doctors clearing him to play are slim. It's likely he'll be released after reaching an injury settlement with the team.

The Skins have options at left guard, though. During the last minicamp, the rotation at left guard included Lennie Friedman, Kenyatta Jones and Derrick Dockery. Friedman is the wildcard, as he could wind up starting at center or left guard. He actually worked some at right guard during the last minicamp, as starter Randy Thomas was resting a minor injury. So Friedman's very flexible.

If necessary, the Skins could start Raymer at center, and Friedman at left guard, while Bugel coaches up Dockery. Bugel was disappointed that Dockery wasn't able to participate in the full-team scrimmages during minicamp, indicating the importance of the young player getting as many reps as possible alongside his linemates.

Mattyk 04-21-2004 03:53 PM

Not that it matters to the real world, but Dockery is a 3 time pro bowler in my Madden franchise. He's an 88 overall, he's a bulldozer in the running game, not as good in pass protection though. Plus he's slow as crap when he has to pull.

Sammy Baugh Fan 04-21-2004 04:12 PM

If any one is a big Dave Fiore Fan I got him to sign a shirt for me at a ESPN NFL Firefighter Challenge event here locally. Supper great guy to talk to.
[url]http://www.imagesculptor.com/thewarpath/davefiore.jpg[/url]

I had a stack of 911 tribute shirts I created and sold and gave 100% to the Red Cross and 911 Disaster Relief. I got him and about 5 players from around the league including Shawn Barber and James Thrash, Ceciel Martin. Most have been given away or auctioned for the same charities.

I won't take money for it but would trade for a little something.

peace

SmootSmack 04-21-2004 04:28 PM

Samuels to Guard?

Did anyone see this quote in Maske's column in today's Wash Post?

"The agent (a veteran NFL agent who has one of the top players in this draft as a client) said the Redskins want to keep left tackle Chris Samuels even if they obtain Gallery, and likely would move Samuels to guard in that scenario. "That would be them jumbo-ing up their line to be like the old 'Hogs,' '' the agent said.

What do we think of that?