Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Udeze injured, we better not trade down and draft him. (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=919)

SKINSnCANES 04-21-2004 01:14 PM

Udeze injured, we better not trade down and draft him.

Jacksonville Jaguars: The club has a definite need for a defensive end and islooking at USC DE Kenechi Udeze to fill the hole. But Rumors about the health of the pass rusher could force the Jags to look elsewhere. Team officials are investigating reports that Udeze has a torn or injured labrum in his shoulder that would require surgery and cause him to miss part of the 2004 season. Udeze's agent insists his client is healthy citing the 25 times he bench-pressed 225 pounds during his on-campus workout for NFL scouts in Los Angeles. "If you can do 25 reps of 225, then I don't think you have a torn rotator cuff,'' agent Thomas Barnes told the Florida Times-Union. Barnes also noted that his client had a full MRI done at the NFL combine and the Jaguars have those records.

PSUskinsfan11 04-21-2004 01:20 PM

I am let down. If we don't get Talyor I was hoping to get Udeze if we trade down....How bout if we trade down now going after Vince Wilfork!!!!

SKINSnCANES 04-21-2004 01:27 PM

I didnt want Udeze anyways, Wilfork is going to be a force in teh NFL. They are saying how he just put ten pounds back on, who cares he went on his honey moon. If youve ever seen that man you know damn well he doesnt way no 323 pounds, and shouldnt. Hes one of those guys that you want at 390, taking the tackle, guard and center and moving the whole line back.. He was huge last year and was quick to.

JoeRedskin 04-21-2004 01:36 PM

[QUOTE=SKINSnCANES]I didnt want Udeze anyways, Wilfork is going to be a force in teh NFL. They are saying how he just put ten pounds back on, who cares he went on his honey moon. If youve ever seen that man you know damn well he doesnt way no 323 pounds, and shouldnt. Hes one of those guys that you want at 390, taking the tackle, guard and center and moving the whole line back.. He was huge last year and was quick to.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree. If we move back for D-Line help, then I think Wilfork is the way to go. Everything I have read about seems to indicate that he is just a mountain of a tackle with decent quickness. Also, although he may have some past problems, he seems to have turned himself around as a person.

skinsfanthru&thru 04-21-2004 01:37 PM

[QUOTE=SKINSnCANES]Jacksonville Jaguars: The club has a definite need for a defensive end and islooking at USC DE Kenechi Udeze to fill the hole. But Rumors about the health of the pass rusher could force the Jags to look elsewhere. Team officials are investigating reports that Udeze has a torn or injured labrum in his shoulder that would require surgery and cause him to miss part of the 2004 season. Udeze's agent insists his client is healthy citing the 25 times he bench-pressed 225 pounds during his on-campus workout for NFL scouts in Los Angeles. "If you can do 25 reps of 225, then I don't think you have a torn rotator cuff,'' agent Thomas Barnes told the Florida Times-Union. Barnes also noted that his client had a full MRI done at the NFL combine and the Jaguars have those records.[/QUOTE]

i have to agree with the agent here. there's no way u can bench press 225lbs 25 times with any type of tearing to the rotator cuff. u'd have to be on some strong as drugs and even then it'd be obvious u were on said drugs. sounds to me like jacksonville might be trying to get other teams from selecting udeze.

skinsfanthru&thru 04-21-2004 01:39 PM

[QUOTE=JoeRedskin]Yeah, I agree. If we move back for D-Line help, then I think Wilfork is the way to go. Everything I have read about seems to indicate that he is just a mountain of a tackle with decent quickness. Also, although he may have some past problems, he seems to have turned himself around as a person.[/QUOTE]

the tragedies with his parents really seemed to shake up his life. it's unfortunate when it takes a tradegy to open your eyes to something fairly obvious.

SKINSnCANES 04-21-2004 01:41 PM

It could have been torn and just caused a lot of pain without taking away from his strength. It could be a small tear that requires surgury to keep it from getting worse where it makes him not be able to play, so they want to fix it now. But even minor surgury takes times to heal. I hope we dotn get him just in case, thats the last thing we need is to go out and get another player that might be good after surgury and recovery.

JWsleep 04-21-2004 02:14 PM

Could be Jacksonville blowing smoke. It is 3 days before the draft.

If we go on the D line, I hope it's in a trade down!

SKINSnCANES 04-21-2004 03:03 PM

I just heard a rumor that the Skins might trade to 7 and pick Udeze. I hope it was Gibbs blowing smoke.

Daseal 04-21-2004 05:55 PM

Hell, we could trade to 7 and get Taylor or Winslow. Heh.

Who says this wasn't injured after or during the combine/pro-day? It could have very easily been one of those. My Grandmother had her rotater cuff replaced, she just can't rush the passer like she used to either!

Carnage 04-21-2004 06:38 PM

This is pre-draft BS.

SKINSnCANES 04-21-2004 11:32 PM

whats your grandmothers 40 times, thats all that matters this time of year. And no offense, but from what I heard your grandmother brings an attitude problem that might disrupt the team. Something about not letting other players in the kitchen whens shes cooking or something.

(just playing man, Grandparents are always the best, mabye not the best dline though...)

Gmanc711 04-22-2004 01:42 PM

Udeze is on the Rome show as I write this. " Its like grown men playing games and I think its rude " - Udeze. He said thats its complete garbage and that he sustained a Bruise on his shoulder during the Oregon St game ( The game before he went and had 3 sacks vs Michigan). Listeinging to this interview, not only does he play very wellhe seems like a high charachter guy, so if we end up trading down(which I hope we dont), I hope we get him.

SKINSnCANES 04-22-2004 02:00 PM

I hope we dont, even if he doesnt have the injury id want Wilfork with all his weight and glory. If he lost 40 pounds I can only imagine how fast he is on the field because he was damn quick when he weighed liek 390 in Miami.

skinsfanthru&thru 04-22-2004 02:14 PM

[QUOTE=SKINSnCANES]I hope we dont, even if he doesnt have the injury id want Wilfork with all his weight and glory. If he lost 40 pounds I can only imagine how fast he is on the field because he was damn quick when he weighed liek 390 in Miami.[/QUOTE]

but between the 2 positions, our greater weakness is on the edge with a passrushing de who can also play the run. i wouldn't be dissapointed with either one if taylor isn't there when we draft and then trade down, but between the 2 i'd rather have udeze. not all of the players we draft r gonna be canes ;)