Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins smiling and laughing after loss (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=9274)

saden1 11-27-2005 11:07 PM

Redskins smiling and laughing after loss

Why were the Skins players, Brunell particularly, smiling and laughing after a miserable loss? I'm the only person sickened by the scene of a bunch of losers smiling and laughing? If I didn't know better I would have thought they won the game. What happened to the good ol' days of taking a loss personal or at least being in a bad mood for a little while?

Disgusting!

saskin 11-27-2005 11:40 PM

Re: Smiling and Laughing

I noticed this too....they should be sulking and po'd after a loss.

Cause right now it seems like losing is nothing.....course I guess if you keep doing it you eventually get used to it.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 11-27-2005 11:42 PM

Re: Redskins smiling and laughing after loss

Did anyone see the redskins.com video of the locker room. It definately wasn't all smiles. Shawn Springs looked like he was going to friggin cry.

saskin 11-27-2005 11:44 PM

Mark Brunell was standing out in the field talking and smiling.....and no, I'm not one of the ones trying to roast Brunell out of his starting position.

Hail2em 11-27-2005 11:55 PM

it's the $$$$$$$$$$ most of these guys could care less as long as they're makin millions. dont get me wrong some care but most do not. that's just how i see it and my opinion. i have always told myself if could go in an play i would play for the bare minimum because thats millions to me vs what i get paid now and would play my guts out to boot.

Longtimefan 11-27-2005 11:57 PM

[QUOTE=Ramseyfan]Did anyone see the redskins.com video of the locker room. It definately wasn't all smiles. Shawn Springs looked like he was going to friggin cry.[/QUOTE]

I didn't see him on Redskins.com but I did hear him on the Radio 106.7 post game with Cahrles Mann and Ken Mease. He truly sounded dejected and I can understand why. He spoke about how he was thinking about scoring with the tipped INT. Based on the outcome I'm sure the rest of the team wishes he had also. We need more players taking these losses more seriously. I too saw Brunell laughing and talking to Keenan McCardell after the game, I personally don't like it that much espically after a loss, but hey!! that's the way they do it now days. It's over, and when it's over it's over. I can understand they were team mates in Jacksonville.

saskin 11-27-2005 11:59 PM

[QUOTE=Hail2em]it's the $$$$$$$$$$ most of these guys could care less as long as they're makin millions. dont get me wrong some care but most do not. that's just how i see it and my opinion. i have always told myself if could go in an play i would play for the bare minimum because thats millions to me vs what i get paid now and would play my guts out to boot.[/QUOTE]

Thats a good point and something I sometimes think about.......then for a player to say they're down for loss. Which may be true but a freelancer probably wouldn't care.

Longtimefan 11-28-2005 12:07 AM

[QUOTE=Hail2em]it's the $$$$$$$$$$ most of these guys could care less as long as they're makin millions. dont get me wrong some care but most do not. that's just how i see it and my opinion. i have always told myself if could go in an play i would play for the bare minimum because thats millions to me vs what i get paid now and would play my guts out to boot.[/QUOTE]

You are absolutely correct, and what's worse they get paid before they work. How many people "in the real world" do you know that get paid before they work? There's no incentive to strive for excellence when you've already gotten what you should be playing for.

Gmanc711 11-28-2005 12:19 AM

[QUOTE=Ramseyfan]Did anyone see the redskins.com video of the locker room. It definately wasn't all smiles. Shawn Springs looked like he was going to friggin cry.[/QUOTE]

Springs and Cartwright both. Springs really did look like he was about to just burst into tears....just like me.

mooby 11-28-2005 12:20 AM

I'm sure Royal is laughing this week, because he knows even though he dropped all those passes he's still gonna get paid. As for the rest, maybe it was show. Like Brunell laughing with McKardell after the game, maybe Brunell was just trying to not show how angry he was after the loss, instead acting like everything's good. I know a few Redskins that truly care about the team weren't happy.

Misterbillysells 11-28-2005 12:28 AM

When they made the switch from Ramsey to Brunnel everyone praised Brunnel because he made the game more fun, he crack jokes in the huddel when the game was on the line, he was more relax than ramsey and that gave the team a lift. Im not at all surprised he was still smiling after the game. It seems like its in his personality and like everything else we praise it when we win and condemn it when we lose

offiss 11-28-2005 01:49 AM

When you finally come to the realazation that you will lose game, after game, the same exact way, week, after week, I would imagine it starts to become quite humurous to the players, kind of like ground hog day, I can hardly wait to see what kind of costume Portis deciedes to wear this week.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 11-28-2005 02:37 AM

Read the Washington Post articles or watch the post-game locker room film and you won't read about a lot of smiles or laughs. Don't jump the gun and make conclusions about 52 players because of 1 or 2.

Bushead 11-28-2005 03:54 AM

what would make everyone happy then? Right after the game, everyone go straight to the locker room and not say a single thing to anyone? Brunell is a veteran. He smiles when he messes up, he smiles when he throws touchdowns, he is just all around comfortable. So what if he goes out and does a little bit of chatting. I'm sure when he got in that locker room he got right down to buisness.

Every second of every minute...et cetera, does not need to be consumed with absolute sulk and depression. Why not get rid of the Portis weelky dress up, that doesn't look like a guy whose mind is on football.

Hog1 11-28-2005 05:49 AM

[QUOTE=Bushead]what would make everyone happy then? Right after the game, everyone go straight to the locker room and not say a single thing to anyone? Brunell is a veteran. He smiles when he messes up, he smiles when he throws touchdowns, he is just all around comfortable. So what if he goes out and does a little bit of chatting. I'm sure when he got in that locker room he got right down to buisness.

Every second of every minute...et cetera, does not need to be consumed with absolute sulk and depression. Why not get rid of the Portis weelky dress up, that doesn't look like a guy whose mind is on football.[/QUOTE]

You are correct!! Brunell's a Vet. I'm sure he does not want the opposition (like I would not) to think that the loss hurt him. If you believe he doesn't take it seriously, you have not been watching this season.