Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Morning After-Reflections of a bitter fan (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=9291)

Paintrain 11-28-2005 08:52 AM

The Morning After-Reflections of a bitter fan

Ok, after the loss and the impending forum fighting there are three positives I can take from the game.. Carlos Rogers played extremely well and should be the starter from here on out, Walt Harris shouldn't even make the trip to St. Louis unless they need someone to refill the Gatorade.. C. Griffin played and provided some inside push, with his continued improving health he should be an impact player down the stretch.. Taylor Jacobs didn't get hurt. Ok that last one was tounge in cheek, but seriosuly he needs to become a legitimate #2 WR and start making plays..

I think we should be able to win next week in St. Louis. Taking it one game at a time at this point..

skinsttw 11-28-2005 09:01 AM

Re: The Morning After-Reflections of a bitter fan

If we do not self destruct in the 4th quarter again, we should win the next two games.
I think we will defeat Dallas and Philly, but lose to the Giants. We will finish 9-7 and
spend the offseason retooling the D-line and looking for a legitimate #2 receiver.

Daseal 11-28-2005 09:09 AM

Taylor Jacobs caught everything thrown his way yesterday, I don't feel it fair to blame him for anything. He only got the loook four times and caught it each time averaging 11 yards.

Twilbert07 11-28-2005 09:10 AM

The bottom line is that we're a team that's getting worse as the season progresses.

1) Our defense has gone from a Top 5 group to less than average.
2) Santana Moss has gone from averaging more than 100 yards/game to about 50 yards per game in the last five games or so.
3) Mark Brunell has gone from 98.3 QB rating to middle of the pack.
4) We've lost the last three close games after winning our first three close games.
5) Our offense has stopped scoring in the fourth quarter.

During Gibbs' first tenure, the Skins always got better during the season and were practically unbeatable in December. All this says we're in deep trouble and will have to start over again next year.

#56fanatic 11-28-2005 09:22 AM

The fact is we are a team that can not adjust. Gibbs, in his previous stint, had a knack for making adjustments during the game and at halftime. As one of the previous post points out, once the NFL had a few game tapes to watch, they adjusted what they were doing against us and beat us up. We have yet to adjust, our defense is figured out, our offense is stinking because we have no idenity or 2nd option. Good teams have those 2nd options, even 3rd options. Our defense is continually giving up plays at the end of the game that kill us. Good D's dont give up those plays, especially at the end of the game. Thats when they find that extra motivation to get the ball back or make a stand. We fold, everytime. I may be bitter, but I am sick and tired of every year making excuses why this and why that. Fact is , we stink!!. We cant beat teams that we should beat. I dont want to hear the schedule thing, Dallas, and NY play the same damn schedule. We let the Giants completely own us when they had the 31st defense in the league, we let a 1st year started put up 36 points, we let at 24th ranked defense(Raiders) shut us down, not to mention a disfunctional team from top to bottom who were 3-6 playing in our house. then we let a 10 point lead shrink and eventually lose the game on a bad individual effort by one player. Good teams dont do that, and we are far from being good.

TheMalcolmConnection 11-28-2005 09:29 AM

I don't even think we stink talent-wise. There is something afoot here.

Again, you can't coach or draft luck but DAMN if it doesn't come down to one HUGE call or play every single damn week. Have we been truly dominated all year except against NY?

#56fanatic 11-28-2005 10:35 AM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]I don't even think we stink talent-wise. There is something afoot here.

Again, you can't coach or draft luck but DAMN if it doesn't come down to one HUGE call or play every single damn week. Have we been truly dominated all year except against NY?[/QUOTE]

A sign of a team that is truely not very good. A good team does not allow this crap to happen week in and week out. Maybe once, but not three or four, maybe 5 times. Fact is we had a chance to pick up a game this week, and a game last week and failed. If our team can not put out a better effort in these situations, then we are what we are. Not a very good TEAM!

heybigstar 11-28-2005 01:43 PM

One thing that shocked me, I switched over to the Ravens Bengals game: Marvin Lewis made a challenge for Cincinnati. It was his SECOND CHALLENGE flag thrown all season. We throw at least 1 a game it seems. This makes we wonder. While it is not completely due to an inconsistent team, I think we make so many mistakes (fumbles, cant get enough for the first, cant stop a team short of the first) that we have to throw so many more challeneges than a team that executes well on both sides of the ball, like the Bengals.

bigm29 11-28-2005 04:22 PM

[QUOTE=heybigstar]One thing that shocked me, I switched over to the Ravens Bengals game: Marvin Lewis made a challenge for Cincinnati. It was his SECOND CHALLENGE flag thrown all season. We throw at least 1 a game it seems. This makes we wonder. While it is not completely due to an inconsistent team, I think we make so many mistakes (fumbles, cant get enough for the first, cant stop a team short of the first) that we have to throw so many more challeneges than a team that executes well on both sides of the ball, like the Bengals.[/QUOTE]
or maybe its just that the refs actually make the right calls for them