Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Let's talk weather for the Game.... (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=9664)

scowan 12-16-2005 10:55 AM

Let's talk weather for the Game....

Ok, according to The Weather Channel, we are looking at a high of 40 and a low of 27 on Sunday in D.C. I have to think that by 4pm it won't be 40 and by 6:30:pm or 7pm it will be below freezing..... I kind of like our chances in that kind of weather over Dallas. I noticed on redskins.com that the guys practiced in the snow the other day. Portis sort of wants snow, and I loved his attitude about the cold weather. He did play in Denver after all, and it is neat to hear coming from a Miami guy, that he likes the cold weather.

What do you guys think?

Schneed10 12-16-2005 10:58 AM

Re: Let's talk weather for the Game....

I think that I like our chances in a sloppy weather game, because I think we can power run on the Dallas D a bit better than they can power run on us. But if it's just cold and not sloppy, I don't think we'll draw very much advantage from that.

In the end, I don't think weather will be that much of a factor because it doesn't look like it's going to get sloppy. I do think we'll have a good homefield advantage though, Fedex is going to be nuts!

Hog1 12-16-2005 10:59 AM

I think it can't hurt! I think it will hamper them, more than us. I think we have a better chance of takin' this one to the house on the ground than they do! I think................. I am about to jump outta' my DAMN SKIN with anticipation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Schneed10 12-16-2005 10:59 AM

Bledsoe has spent a lot of time throwing in cold weather, between Buffalo and New England. So unless it's snowing or raining, I don't think weather will affect him.

scowan 12-16-2005 11:00 AM

[QUOTE=Schneed10]I think that I like our chances in a sloppy weather game, because I think we can power run on the Dallas D a bit better than they can power run on us. But if it's just cold and not sloppy, I don't think we'll draw very much advantage from that.

In the end, I don't think weather will be that much of a factor because it doesn't look like it's going to get sloppy. I do think we'll have a good homefield advantage though, Fedex is going to be nuts![/QUOTE]

It does work both ways, but I hope it gets in Dallas's head a little. We all know that guys like Bledsoe and Keyshawn have played in cold weather, but if we can pound their D a little bit, maybe by the 4th Qtr they will wear down some. I guess the key is to not get behind so we can stay with our game plan. We need to score first and put the pressure on Dallas.

MTK 12-16-2005 11:00 AM

I love it, a cold weather game in December with the playoffs on the line in front of 90,000+ and Dallas coming to town.

Could it get any better than this?

firstdown 12-16-2005 11:06 AM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]I love it, a cold weather game in December with the playoffs on the line in front of 90,000+ and Dallas coming to town.

Could it get any better than this?[/QUOTE]The only way it could get better will be walking out of the stadium around 8 with a victory. The only thing that concerns me with the weather is that we have turned the ball over alot in good conditions and bad weather will make it even harder to hold on to the ball.

Cooley 350Z 12-16-2005 11:09 AM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]I love it, a cold weather game in December with the playoffs on the line in front of 90,000+ and Dallas coming to town.

Could it get any better than this?[/QUOTE]

I honestly dont think it can. I am so excited I feel like I'm just bouncing off the walls of the office in anticipation. I just cant wait to get to FedEx & see the glory of the 12th man.

scowan 12-16-2005 11:12 AM

[QUOTE=firstdown]The only way it could get better will be walking out of the stadium around 8 with a victory. The only thing that concerns me with the weather is that we have turned the ball over alot in good conditions and bad weather will make it even harder to hold on to the ball.[/QUOTE]

Firstdown, You are right, Brunell in particular has fumbled at least once in the past 4 or 5 games. Whe he gets sacked, I get worried!!!! Everyone needs to put on their sticky gloves this week!

mheisig 12-16-2005 11:18 AM

[QUOTE=scowan]Ok, according to The Weather Channel, we are looking at a high of 40 and a low of 27 on Sunday in D.C. I have to think that by 4pm it won't be 40 and by 6:30:pm or 7pm it will be below freezing..... I kind of like our chances in that kind of weather over Dallas. I noticed on redskins.com that the guys practiced in the snow the other day. Portis sort of wants snow, and I loved his attitude about the cold weather. He did play in Denver after all, and it is neat to hear coming from a Miami guy, that he likes the cold weather.

What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

I have a hard time believing that in the absence of snow or rain, a 40 degree or 27 degree temperature will make a bit of difference. These are all highly-trained athletes (on both sides of the ball) - they can handle a slightly chilly evening.

gibbs4life 12-16-2005 11:36 AM

to me it doesn,t matter with the weather.
it,s up to the redskins hail,snow ,sunshine or in a rainstorm.
we have the season riding on this game so the redskins better want thiusreal bad.

do some head hunting.

dmek25 12-16-2005 11:41 AM

hey gibbs4life,ive been a redskin fan since 1969 too.does this make us old farts?i think the weather could help us because slowly but surely,we are turning into a pretty good running team.dallas' run game doesnt scare me at all.

skindogger47 12-16-2005 12:35 PM

I just want to see our offensive line's syncronized breathing. I love seeing o and d lines square up like raging bulls.

12thMan 12-16-2005 12:46 PM

I wish they could play this game at RFK....yeah Baby!!!