Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Giants beating Kansas City (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=9681)

mooby 12-17-2005 08:33 PM

Giants beating Kansas City

27-17. I think now we can assume that the Giants will win the NFC East. IF the giants win today they'll be 10-4. We should focus on finishing in second place now. If we win tomorrow the Giants will have won the division, which would make their game against us next week pretty much meaningless. Tiki Barber already has 220 rushing yards, so we can now say we aren't the only defense he's put up 200 yards on. Today the Pats routed Tampa Bay 28-0.

NYCSkin 12-17-2005 08:42 PM

Re: Giants beating Kansas City

Tiki Barber should be MVP. He is everything that I want Clinton Portis to be. The man is a man. All business, 1600 yards, and the guy knows how to dress. What more could you ask for...

BigSKINBauer 12-17-2005 08:42 PM

the game next week will still be meaningful. they won't have clinched but yah they probably have.

i'll just post what i posted before because i am to devistated to think

man i am pissed now. If we don't win out i think we all agree there is ZERO possiblity and even if we do we may not make it.

We got to go with what we decided long ago. Falcons and vikings must lose. FALCONS AND VIKINGS MUST LOSE. no need to "give up" on the division but it is looking grim.

IF IF IF the vikings win out that means that they beat the bears so the bears must lose something b/w Atlanta and Greenbay but the problem is we want Atlanta to lose. That game will be confusing to know who we want to win, SORTA. i will obviously be pulling for the bears to win out but if they lose two they are out if we win out.

I don't even know who has tie breaker b/w tampa and carolina and if it tampa then them losing today skrews us over again as they can fall to ten and if carolina also falls to ten and if that happens tampa loses that tie breaker but wins ours but if tampa wins the division over carolina and we tie carolina we beat them and i would then say we are 100% in.

Things are clearly gonna be clearer day after tommorrow but until then go pitt and bears but if pitt loses go falcons?? i hate this

WE WANT DALLAS

heybigstar 12-17-2005 10:09 PM

[QUOTE=BigSKINBauer]
I don't even know who has tie breaker b/w tampa and carolina and if it tampa then them losing today skrews us over again as they can fall to ten and if carolina also falls to ten and if that happens tampa loses that tie breaker but wins ours but if tampa wins the division over carolina and we tie carolina we beat them and i would then say we are 100% in.

WE WANT DALLAS[/QUOTE]
Longest sentence ever.

saden1 12-17-2005 10:23 PM

Second place? WTF? We lose, and the season is done!

mooby 12-17-2005 10:36 PM

i don't think you guys understand. The Giants are now 10-4. The best record we could possibly have if we win out would be 10-6. Beating Dallas tomorrow would leave them at 8-6 too. So basically if the Giants lost their final two, they'd finish 10-6. if we win out, we'd finish 10-6, and if the Cowboys lost tomorrow and won their final two, they'd finish 10-6. Giants would win the division since there is no way we can have a better record then them, and we would get second place by virtue of our tiebreaker against Dallas.

44deisel44 12-17-2005 10:38 PM

We win any tiebreaker if we all 10-6

Our div record would be 5-1 and giants 4-2

We also have a GRT conf record as well, being 0-4 vs afc, would be 10-2

Great for three way tie breakers for wild-card spots.

BigSKINBauer 12-17-2005 10:45 PM

[QUOTE=mooby]i don't think you guys understand. The Giants are now 10-4. The best record we could possibly have if we win out would be 10-6. Beating Dallas tomorrow would leave them at 8-6 too. So basically if the Giants lost their final two, they'd finish 10-6. if we win out, we'd finish 10-6, and if the Cowboys lost tomorrow and won their final two, they'd finish 10-6. Giants would win the division since there is no way we can have a better record then them, and we would get second place by virtue of our tiebreaker against Dallas.[/QUOTE]
we would have tie breaker over the giants too. SO basically if the skins win out they have a 5-1 division record and giants will have a 4-2 and we get the tie breaker. Assuming we win out- if the giants lose to oakland we are in as a division leader-

BigSKINBauer 12-17-2005 10:46 PM

[QUOTE=heybigstar]Longest sentence ever.[/QUOTE]

lol, i was just writing and that usually happens when people are pissed and i was after the giants game.

FRPLG 12-17-2005 10:55 PM

[QUOTE=mooby]i don't think you guys understand. The Giants are now 10-4. The best record we could possibly have if we win out would be 10-6. Beating Dallas tomorrow would leave them at 8-6 too. So basically if the Giants lost their final two, they'd finish 10-6. if we win out, we'd finish 10-6, and if the Cowboys lost tomorrow and won their final two, they'd finish 10-6. Giants would win the division since there is no way we can have a better record then them, and we would get second place by virtue of our tiebreaker against Dallas.[/QUOTE]
???
We have tie breakers over everyone in the NFC basically if we win out. We simply need teams to lose to get 6 losses and we are in. Only team in contention that has a tie-breaker over us is TB.

saden1 12-18-2005 12:23 AM

We win out, we'll win the division and we could also earn a first round playoff bye if the Bears lose one of their 3 remaining NFC games against the Falcons, Packers, and the Vikings.

SUNRA 12-18-2005 02:17 AM

I'm glad you guys understand our chances, because some of our fellow fans are nervously optimistic about our chances. The Cowboys and Giants are not a complete team. Eli and Drew are regressing and turing the ball over at an alarming rate. I see us beating both of them at home and finishing the way we started. Look for Santana Moss to get open because he knows Roy Williams can't cover him when he gets open.

SUNRA 12-18-2005 02:26 AM

If Greg Williams does not have a spy who's job is to watch Tiki Barber on the third down plays and to stop his run, Williams would have failed at this year. He MUST stop Barber. Tiki is the Giants offense and can be contained with good tackling. These three games are the most important task Coach Gibbs has had as a coach. The teams on paper have played better than the Redskins but not by much. The advantage, The Twelth Man. We must stay in the game every time Dallas's offense is on the field. We Want Dallas is the chant that has to resonate throughout the DC/MD/VA metropolitan area.

coggs 12-18-2005 09:51 AM

Guys, do not worry about the division. Next week, the Giants will stomp your boys again and settle everything!!!!! OK, that will be the extent of my $h!t-talking.

Beemnseven 12-18-2005 10:57 AM

[QUOTE=coggs]Guys, do not worry about the division. Next week, the Giants will stomp your boys again and settle everything!!!!! OK, that will be the extent of my $h!t-talking.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't anticipate a performance similar to the first matchup. Expect a slightly different effort from the Redskins next week, coggs.