Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How to Beat the G-Men (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=9721)

hooskins 12-19-2005 03:00 AM

How to Beat the G-Men

Ok so this game was great, and its sweet to dominate Dallas, but next week is gonna be crucial. I can think of two things we need to do well to beat the NYG. First i think the most imp thing is establish a solid running game with Portis. I do not know the exact stats, but I think if he has a good game the Redskins tend to win. Good running will open up the pass, and hopefully we will continue to take shots downfield, and not get conservative. Another thing i think we need to do is to get after Eli. We cannot give him time in the pocket to complete passes. Hopefully our pass rush from this game will carry on. Another thing i just thought of was Ray Brown, we need the old man to step up, and his success will influence our passing and running game. Well thats all I can think of this late. Anyone else think of other things we need to do?

Dirtbag 12-19-2005 03:16 AM

Re: The G-Men and what we need to do agaisnt them to win.

The fans have got to be LOUD again, like they were today! We need to take away Manning's ability to audibilize, by making so much noise that he can't change the play at the line of scrimmage. That means the defense can tee off against him, and Greg Williams can scheme away. Why do you think we got 7 sacks today?! It was because of all that noise: Dallas couldn't call audibles.

AnonEmouse 12-19-2005 03:38 AM

I hate to find something wrong with yesterday, but we must do something about kickoffs and coverage. They were getting the ball at their 10 and moving it out past the 30 on almost every kickoff. We need to force the Giants to put 70+ yard drives together to score, else it will be a long day.

LRT 12-19-2005 03:52 AM

Fan noise eliminates audibles and leads to false starts. Combine that with an effective pass rush and I think Manning will be flustered. That said, we do need to keep an eye on Tiki Barber and prevent him from breaking any big runs. If he has to slog it out at two or three yards a pop, I think we can wear him down, if not force him into turnovers.

On offense, we need to establish the run and make them respect the deep ball.

If we can do that, we'll win. If Tiki breaks big runs or we can't get pressure on Eli, then things will get tough.

JWsleep 12-19-2005 05:24 AM

#1 Priority on D: STOP THE RUN. Tiki has been running wild. Take that away and make Eli throw.

dmek25 12-19-2005 05:38 AM

ball control with the running game and winning time of possesion and the turnover thing

skinsttw 12-19-2005 05:52 AM

Control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Win the turnover battle. Stay in Eli's face the entire game.

mheisig 12-19-2005 09:16 AM

[QUOTE=hooskins]Ok so this game was great, and its sweet to dominate Dallas, but next week is gonna be crucial. I can think of two things we need to do well to beat the NYG. First i think the most imp thing is establish a solid running game with Portis. I do not know the exact stats, but I think if he has a good game the Redskins tend to win. Good running will open up the pass, and hopefully we will continue to take shots downfield, and not get conservative. Another thing i think we need to do is to get after Eli. We cannot give him time in the pocket to complete passes. Hopefully our pass rush from this game will carry on. Another thing i just thought of was Ray Brown, we need the old man to step up, and his success will influence our passing and running game. Well thats all I can think of this late. Anyone else think of other things we need to do?[/QUOTE]

Those points are all well and good, but I'd have to rank our top 3 priorities as such:

#1 - STOP TIKI BARBER
#2 - STOP TIKI BARBER
#3 - STOP TIKI BARBER

Not to sound like a broken record of every sports announcer, but the guy is seriously underrated. He basically carries that team. How many 200+ yard games has he run for? 200+ against us last time, 220 on Saturday - the guy's a beast. Sure Eli has the potential to light things up, but he's young and inconsistent, and as of late has been tossing INTs right and left.

I'm pretty confident we can stop Shockey, Buress and Eli, but Tiki scares the living sh!t out of me. Seems like everyone focuses in on Shockey or Eli and totally forgets Tiki, and he then proceeds to torch you for some previously unheard of rushing stat.

I think this game will be won or lost based on the defenses ability to stop Barber.

TheMalcolmConnection 12-19-2005 09:29 AM

Guess who is #1 in false start penalties? None other than the NY Giants.

FRPLG 12-19-2005 09:30 AM

On offense:
Take the gameplan form this week and transpose right into the gameplan for the Giants. Run CP wide and make there depleted LB corp make plays. Run away from Strahan and towards Umenyora(sp?) who is suspect on the run. Get Cooley one on one with anybody since I don't think a LB can cover him and a Corner can't tackle him. Get Sellers in as a blocking TE to help with Strahan AND he can also act as a once in a while dump off guy who will probably never get covered. Finally get Moss the ball 10 or so times either on screens or flys.

On defense:
Others have said it and I guess it is pretty obvious. Their offense goes as Tiki Barber goes. Stop him and make Eli beat you. Eli has looked suspiciously average for weeks but Tiki has been carrying them so no one has said much about this. Gotta plain and simple lock Tiki down. I doubt we can pressure the QB like against Dallas because the Giants line isn't a bunch of stiffs but some creative blitz packages ought to confuse and terrify young Eli. First play of the game we need to blitz Taylor and have him absolutly destroy Manning even if it costs a penalty. Scare the living f*&^ out of him. I mean just a nasty hit that crack the pysche.

D'BOYZ 12-19-2005 09:37 AM

Guys just play smash mouth football like you played us and you'll have no problem put a lot of presure to Eli and he will give the ball away all day control the ball kepp gettng the ball to moss and Coley and you'll have no problem.

MTK 12-19-2005 09:39 AM

I'm feeling pretty good about our run 'D' right about now. Griffin is the key. I'm sure these guys are just chomping at the bit to prove that the 1st meeting was a fluke when Tiki tore us a new one.

hail_2_da_skins 12-19-2005 09:53 AM

Game Plan vs G-Women

1) Stop the run. Tiki Barber is the G-Women's best weapon. Contain him and put them in obvious passing situations.
2) Keep pressure on Manning. Force Manning to move around and make bad throws.
3) Run the ball. Eat up the clock. Keep the G-Women offense on the bench. Set up playaction passing.
4) Force turnovers and don't commit any.

hurrykaine 12-19-2005 09:57 AM

Don't forget.....Giants D-back Curtis DeLoach is there for burning. Burn him early and often.

All I can say is...Skins fans, please show up to the game. I did my part yelling my guts out yesterday, but will be out of town next weekend.

TheMalcolmConnection 12-19-2005 10:02 AM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]I'm feeling pretty good about our run 'D' right about now. Griffin is the key. I'm sure these guys are just chomping at the bit to prove that the 1st meeting was a fluke when Tiki tore us a new one.[/QUOTE]

Did you also notice that Killings is pretty beastly? He always got a huge push up front.