Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Parcells thinking about retiring? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=9934)

MTK 12-27-2005 10:39 AM

Parcells thinking about retiring?

Rumors are [url="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2271735"]swirling[/url], what do you guys think? Will he step down after this year?

I'd say there's a good chance given his history of quick coaching stints.

Redskins_P 12-27-2005 10:54 AM

Re: Parcells thinking about retiring?

I think he will. Especially if the Cowgirls don't make the playoffs.

He's the Larry Brown of the NFL.

sandtrapjack 12-27-2005 10:54 AM

Parcells has already scoffed at the retirement rumors.

Yes he is 64 and the grind of the regular season has to way down on someone his age.

But for the first time in years, Parcells has said again and again, that "he likes his team".

Not only that, in the offseason he not only changed the defense and the players, but he also changed the scouting department. Fired all of the scouts (including long time scouting director Larry Lacewell) and hired his own scouting staff.

He has finally got this franchise just the way he like it and I think he hangs around another year or two to finish what he started.

BigSKINBauer 12-27-2005 11:14 AM

he hasn't signed the extention. This is either because he thinks he will go far this year and might be able to get more money or because he is unsure of comming back

12thMan 12-27-2005 11:23 AM

I think he's leaning more toward retirement. Of course, this is all speculation.

I don't think he can finish what he started with Drew Bledsoe at quarterback. I think this team will continue to be just good enough to miss the playoffs every year.

MTK 12-27-2005 11:32 AM

I just found it odd when a reporter asked him if he would clear things up by saying he's coming back, Parcells snapped and said he's not saying anything.

Now, I understand Parcells' grumpiness with the media their sometimes idiotic questions, but at the same time I thought it was telling he wouldn't commit to saying he's definitely coming back.

saden1 12-27-2005 11:39 AM

He made no commitments and at the end he just walked away from the reporters. There's a 50-50 chance either way. Personally I would like to see him come back so we can once again beat-up a Duane Charles Parcells coached cowboys team.

BigSKINBauer 12-27-2005 11:43 AM

see the thing is espn said the same stuff about gibbs and we all thought that people who believed it outside of redskins fans were ignorant and only believing what they heard. This sounds about the same but with that said i do think that he will most definatly not sign that extention but may stick around for just that 1 year

Skins fan 44 12-27-2005 12:04 PM

His replacement (whenever that may be ) I would guess Sean Peyton the one that is always next to him and he call the plays on offense.

dmek25 12-27-2005 01:04 PM

who cares?they are farther from being championship caliber than closer and parcells,like coach gibbs,are nearing the end of great careers

MTK 12-27-2005 01:33 PM

[QUOTE=BigSKINBauer]see the thing is espn said the same stuff about gibbs and we all thought that people who believed it outside of redskins fans were ignorant and only believing what they heard. This sounds about the same but with that said i do think that he will most definatly not sign that extention but may stick around for just that 1 year[/QUOTE]

The difference is Gibbs has been very open about his intentions to stay the entire length of his contract.

Parcells got all ticked off at the question and wouldn't say either way.

Hog1 12-27-2005 03:44 PM

According to Ron Wolf, formerly of the Packers in an interview this pm with Sean Salsbury, when asked that question? Ain't happnin'

djnemo65 12-27-2005 04:32 PM

The reason its hard for me to believe he won't be back next year is that the Cowboys are such an attractive team. Their major flaws are their youth and penchant for underachieving, but they can compensate for these with a summer of intense work. There's no question they should be quite competitive next season. Why walk away from that?