Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Meetup (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-meetup/)
-   -   Eagles game, anyone going? and what to wear (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-meetup/9980-eagles-game-anyone-going-what-wear.html)

heybigstar 12-29-2005 02:06 PM

Eagles game, anyone going? and what to wear

Alright,

So this is the biggest game of the season (until the week after when we have a playoff game). Playoff implications are on the line. Philly is 2 hours away. But are a lot of us going to go to the game? I am actually visiting friends in Philly for New Years and I was thinking about going however:

1. Will I be able to wear Redskins gear, or would you guys advise against it due to the pathetic, bitter Philly fans.

2. How many Redskins fans will be there. I know last year when we were basically out of it, many Eagles fans came to DC.

3. at [url="http://www.greatseats.com/"]www.greatseats.com[/url], They have tickets at $95/ticket for Upper-Level yard line seats and on up to lower and club levels. Plus on today's orders they are offering free shipping with promo code: playoffs. I think Friday's orders you have to get the seats will-called, but that's free as well.

4. If a lot of people here are going, will there be a place for TheWarpath to tailgate?

jbcjr14 12-29-2005 02:11 PM

Re: Eagles game, anyone going? and what to wear

Don't wear any gear!!!! The Philly fans will either beat your ass or throw shit at you...sickening, but that is the way they are.

firstdown 12-29-2005 02:25 PM

[QUOTE=heybigstar]Alright,

So this is the biggest game of the season (until the week after when we have a playoff game). Playoff implications are on the line. Philly is 2 hours away. But are a lot of us going to go to the game? I am actually visiting friends in Philly for New Years and I was thinking about going however:

1. Will I be able to wear Redskins gear, or would you guys advise against it due to the pathetic, bitter Philly fans.

2. How many Redskins fans will be there. I know last year when we were basically out of it, many Eagles fans came to DC.

3. at [url="http://www.greatseats.com/"]www.greatseats.com[/url], They have tickets at $95/ticket for Upper-Level yard line seats and on up to lower and club levels. Plus on today's orders they are offering free shipping with promo code: playoffs. I think Friday's orders you have to get the seats will-called, but that's free as well.

4. If a lot of people here are going, will there be a place for TheWarpath to tailgate?[/QUOTE]It depends on how big you are. If you are 6'5" and weigh 270 and the people going with you are that big put on all your gear and hang a flag on your car. If your under 200 pounds good luck and have fun.

BrudLee 12-29-2005 02:43 PM

1. Will I be able to wear Redskins gear, or would you guys advise against it due to the pathetic, bitter Philly fans.[/QUOTE]
I recommend against it. This will be one of the drunkest Philly games ever (they have nothing to root for, it's New Year's Day, and there's an [URL=http://www.mummers.com/]alcohol-fueled parade[/URL] in town. Those who show up will be about nine sheets to the wind, and won't know right from wrong.
[QUOTE=heybigstar]2. How many Redskins fans will be there. I know last year when we were basically out of it, many Eagles fans came to DC.[/QUOTE]
More than in a long time - which will only serve to anger the drunken Iggle fan (not to be confused with the [I]Eagle[/I] fan, who isn't quite as bad).
[QUOTE=heybigstar]3. at [url="http://www.greatseats.com/"]www.greatseats.com[/url], They have tickets at $95/ticket for Upper-Level yard line seats and on up to lower and club levels. Plus on today's orders they are offering free shipping with promo code: playoffs. I think Friday's orders you have to get the seats will-called, but that's free as well.[/QUOTE]
I saw an ebay order for 5 club seats and two parking passes for $500. There's plenty out there.
[QUOTE=heybigstar]4. If a lot of people here are going, will there be a place for TheWarpath to tailgate? [/QUOTE]
If so, do it next to someone's car you don't much like. In the past, opponent's fan's cars have been lit on fire. I'm not even kidding.

heybigstar 12-29-2005 02:58 PM

Wow this is crazy. My stubborn side wants to wear Skins gear, but now I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and be a non-fan.

Sammy Baugh Fan 12-29-2005 03:00 PM

Wear Green and silently smile
lol

djdunick 12-29-2005 03:30 PM

Come on people. I can't believe you guys (and girls?) are that scared. They came to our stadium last year with their stinkin' green Jerseys singing that stupid 'Fly Eagle Fly' song. I'm going, sitting in section 113. I do plan on wearing maroon and gold. Just don't get confrontational with them. The lower bowl is not quite as bad as the upper deck as the lower bowl ticket holders had to purchase seat licenses and are a little more well behaved. The upper deck is a little rougher. I also believe there will be more then a few Redskin fans there.

Riggo44 12-29-2005 05:25 PM

Wear your Redskins gear with pride! It won't be that bad at this game because the Egales suck now! But buy good seats and hire a few security guards you'll be fine.

heybigstar 12-29-2005 05:27 PM

Man, ill probably be in the upper seats.

ST21 12-29-2005 05:30 PM

4. If a lot of people here are going, will there be a place for TheWarpath to tailgate?[/QUOTE]

if you let them punk you now, you will forever be punked, and its better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.......

ST21 12-29-2005 05:35 PM

[QUOTE=firstdown]It depends on how big you are. If you are 6'5" and weigh 270 and the people going with you are that big put on all your gear and hang a flag on your car. If your under 200 pounds good luck and have fun.[/QUOTE]

actually its how big your gonads are,...this is crazy, man wear your pride...... **** the eagles their fans....and team, your their for a game, not a Trojan War ....but just watch your back and have fun.....

Texanskin 12-29-2005 06:39 PM

I live in Philly and everyone is asking what am I wearing. So I am going to the game with another Skins fan from Delaware and I am not wearing Skins gear because these fans are crazy. I am not afraid of anyone, but if I go to jail over some stupid fan because I concaved his face, who is going to bail me out?

Would someone let me know if there is going to be a gathering of Redskins fans before the game?

Warpath 12-29-2005 06:52 PM

Those going to the game, please come back and post how things went during the game for you walking in, during the game, and then walking back to the car after the game. Win or lose. Good Luck.

EternalEnigma21 12-29-2005 07:39 PM

[QUOTE=Texanskin]I live in Philly and everyone is asking what am I wearing. So I am going to the game with another Skins fan from Delaware and I am not wearing Skins gear because these fans are crazy. I am not afraid of anyone, but if I go to jail over some stupid fan because I concaved his face, who is going to bail me out?

Would someone let me know if there is going to be a gathering of Redskins fans before the game?[/QUOTE]

Ill post bail... I'll give you my cell in a PM. If you can go you gotta wear your gear.

BigSKINBauer 12-29-2005 09:45 PM

4. If a lot of people here are going, will there be a place for TheWarpath to tailgate?[/QUOTE]

:woot: :happybday :woot: