Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Brunell sucks

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2006, 04:40 PM   #46
The Starter
 
GoSkins!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yorktown, Va
Age: 45
Posts: 1,587
Re: Brunell sucks

Does anyone else here believe that Brunnel was the better choice for the Philly game (better than a healthy Ramsey)?

Look, I like Ramsey, but we were playing the Eagles. The game plan for the offense was simple. Protect the football and score enough points to force the Eagles offense to make mistakes. Brunnel, while not healthy, can protect the football better than Ramsey. If we were going into a shoot out against a better and more polished offense, Ramsey may have been the better choice for the game. Playing Ramsey is like playing the stock market, high risk, high reward. Brunnel is more like a stock broker, he finds the hot stock (Moss, Cooley, Portis, Sellars...) and lets them do it.
__________________
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts. A. Einstien
GoSkins! is offline  

Advertisements
Old 01-02-2006, 04:43 PM   #47
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,552
Re: Brunell sucks

Confession is good for the soul #56 (if not for the ego).
I read a post not long ago suggesting Ramsey has a relatively small contract in 2006. I don't know if his ego could stand it, but it would be nice to keep him, if he comfortable in that role. Brunell ain't getting any younger, and Campbell isn't ready. With the quarterback shortage in the NFL, if traded he may go higher than the 3rd or 4th round pick, as suggested. if not, keep him
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline  
Old 01-02-2006, 06:25 PM   #48
Registered User
 
offiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: sparta, new jersey [ northern jersey ]
Age: 50
Posts: 3,097
Re: Brunell sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSkins!
Does anyone else here believe that Brunnel was the better choice for the Philly game (better than a healthy Ramsey)?

Look, I like Ramsey, but we were playing the Eagles. The game plan for the offense was simple. Protect the football and score enough points to force the Eagles offense to make mistakes. Brunnel, while not healthy, can protect the football better than Ramsey. If we were going into a shoot out against a better and more polished offense, Ramsey may have been the better choice for the game. Playing Ramsey is like playing the stock market, high risk, high reward. Brunnel is more like a stock broker, he finds the hot stock (Moss, Cooley, Portis, Sellars...) and lets them do it.

Our offense has become far more potent since the start of last season, or even the start of this season, gibbs has really tried to open things up the last month, it is also when we really started to get on a roll, Ramsey has not really been judged with the benefit of this more aggresive play calling, Brunell has greatly benefitted from it, as would Ramsey, everyone want's to judge Ramsey under unfair circumstances, I am tired of hearing about how reckless he is with the football, Brunell up until the last month was just as reckless, Gibbs is now allowing the offense to function properly, we now have more of a balance, defenses no longer know we are going to try and run the clock out by the second quarter, and can't start flooding the box knowing the run, or short pass is coming.

Many just see what Brunell is doing and assume that is all any QB can do, but I say this, Ramsey's arm strength could very possibly stretch the defense much more than Brunell, allowing more room for the underneath passing game, as well as bigger gains for Portis. Ramsey can through a dart 50 yards downfield, a defense has to account for that, who here wouldn't want to see Moss at full speed down the sideline, and Ramsey trying to over throw him? I know defenses wouldn't like to see that, the first time Ramsey hit's Moss for a TD 60 yards in the air as Moss out runs the depth of the defense, and Ramsey throws the ball further than most QB's in the league it will scare the daylights out of any secondary and force them to take much deeper drops, we will not see that happen with Brunell. Is Brunell getting the job done in recent week's? Yes, but can we be even better? My opinion is YES! But that is for next year, Brunell if healthy has to be the man through the playoffs.
offiss is offline  
Old 01-02-2006, 08:15 PM   #49
The Starter
 
SUNRA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,680
Re: Brunell sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin
No... Sunra simply said that to assert, after Brunnell's solid QB'ing and great TD to INT ratio got us to the playoffs, to advocate dumping Brunnell after one bad half was "pretty pathetic commentary from someone who claims to love the Redskins".

Nobody was told to shut up. You are absolutely correct - generally speaking, everyone is entitled to voice their opinion on this site. Some opinions - like calling for dumping Brunnell - are simply more moronic than others. Sunra was merely highlighting the idiocy of such a call after Brunnell's accomplishments this season - especially from a Redskins fan as such a person is one whom others would expect to have Brunnell's accomplishments during the course of the season.
Wow. Your'e on the case. Want to represent me in court? LOL
__________________
Redskins Member since 1970
SUNRA is offline  
Old 01-02-2006, 08:47 PM   #50
The Starter
 
RedskinPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Camino,Ca
Posts: 1,174
Re: Brunell sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic
I was a Brunell hater from day 1. I thought Ramsey should have been the guy. But, in no way do I think we would be 10-6 in the playoffs if Brunell wasn't pulling the string. Ramsey makes too many mistakes trying to force things downfield. Brunell manages the game, doesn't make mistakes, and takes what teams gives us. Our defense is too good to put in that position. With a defense that is as good as ours, you minimize your mistakes, and let the D give you field position. Ramsey would not have been able to complete a season with 22 TDs and ONLY 9 picks. Time and time again Brunell stepped up and made playes, whether is was throwing the ball away, moving around in the pocket buying some time, or running for the a big first down, which he has done a number of times this season. There is no other guy that deserves to be or frankly should be behind center than Brunell. He is our guy, and if hes healthy will be next year too. Ramsey will be dealt to the highest bidder, Campbell will be the #2 next year, then might start year #3. Dont hate on Brunell, without him we are not even in the playoffs.
I to was in the frame of mind that you had!!! But when I saw that Ramsey was so bad and the news that Burnell was hurt last season along with his better showin in the perseason I was with you! I believe that we would have not made the play-offs with out Burnell! He played well on one leg this week and i hope he is well this week against TB for us to win!!!
RedskinPete is offline  
Old 01-02-2006, 10:47 PM   #51
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,690
Re: Brunell sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by offiss
Our offense has become far more potent since the start of last season, or even the start of this season, gibbs has really tried to open things up the last month, it is also when we really started to get on a roll, Ramsey has not really been judged with the benefit of this more aggresive play calling, Brunell has greatly benefitted from it, as would Ramsey, everyone want's to judge Ramsey under unfair circumstances, I am tired of hearing about how reckless he is with the football, Brunell up until the last month was just as reckless, Gibbs is now allowing the offense to function properly, we now have more of a balance, defenses no longer know we are going to try and run the clock out by the second quarter, and can't start flooding the box knowing the run, or short pass is coming.

Many just see what Brunell is doing and assume that is all any QB can do, but I say this, Ramsey's arm strength could very possibly stretch the defense much more than Brunell, allowing more room for the underneath passing game, as well as bigger gains for Portis. Ramsey can through a dart 50 yards downfield, a defense has to account for that, who here wouldn't want to see Moss at full speed down the sideline, and Ramsey trying to over throw him? I know defenses wouldn't like to see that, the first time Ramsey hit's Moss for a TD 60 yards in the air as Moss out runs the depth of the defense, and Ramsey throws the ball further than most QB's in the league it will scare the daylights out of any secondary and force them to take much deeper drops, we will not see that happen with Brunell. Is Brunell getting the job done in recent week's? Yes, but can we be even better? My opinion is YES! But that is for next year, Brunell if healthy has to be the man through the playoffs.

We're running the ball on first and second down almost exclusively. I don't call that aggressive playcalling, just hard nosed football...that is exactly what alot of you people complained about. The only reason why we are holding leads or adding onto them in the fourth is because of our running game being so hard to stop now. I'll also say it again....it takes more than arm strength to be a good quarterback and a good leader.
__________________
"Fire Up That Diesel!"
skinsguy is offline  
Old 01-02-2006, 10:49 PM   #52
The Starter
 
Warpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Potomac Falls, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 1,762
Re: Brunell sucks

Im tired of seeing this thread. Brunell doesn't suck or we wouldnt be where we are now, In the playoffs. Im done with this thread.
Warpath is offline  
Old 01-02-2006, 11:37 PM   #53
Assistant Regional Mod
 
EternalEnigma21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Warrenton VA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,953
Re: Brunell sucks

yeah... can we lock this shit up?? I swear every time Im in a good mood and sign on someone else has posted this thing right up at the top of my list... and it never goes away.

Is it me or does Brunell always seem somewhat unhappy in his press conferences... I think we kind of scarred him a bit with him having his family see us (fans in general) booing him off the field last year, and now he can't go anywhere or do anything without seeing us saying how bad he sucks... I'd hate to see him go anywhere, but I can't for the life of me see anyone sticking around after winning 10 reg. season games and taking a team to the playoffs for the first time in 6 years and still having to hear shit about how he sucks.
EternalEnigma21 is offline  
Old 01-03-2006, 12:55 AM   #54
Registered User
 
offiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: sparta, new jersey [ northern jersey ]
Age: 50
Posts: 3,097
Re: Brunell sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy
We're running the ball on first and second down almost exclusively. I don't call that aggressive playcalling, just hard nosed football...that is exactly what alot of you people complained about. The only reason why we are holding leads or adding onto them in the fourth is because of our running game being so hard to stop now. I'll also say it again....it takes more than arm strength to be a good quarterback and a good leader.

I'll say it for the last time, if you have all those intangables which you should have to be a legitamate NFL QB, I will take the guy with the arm strength, go ask Santana Moss about Pennington, he would still be a Jet if Pennington could reach him. It takes more than being an all around nice guy to play QB as well. Your assesment on Brunells behalf is predicated on the fact that you believe Ramsey is incapable of all those things you mentioned to make a legitamate QB in the NFL, I say he has all that, and the arm to go with it, but because Gibbs won't play him you asume he can't play, but it's only a matter of time before he proves other wise, and you can mark my words it's only a matter of time before Ramsey proves he's a top QB! That second half of the Giant game was a small taste of what Ramsey is capable of, hopefully he does it for us next season.

And explain why our run game has blossomed over the last month, it's blossomed because Gibbs opened up the pass game.

Listen to what Portis and some of the other team leaders have said, they told Gibbs that we can't start trying to run the clock out in the 2nd quarter, we cannot sit back on offense, become 1 dimensional and lay the burden on the defense to win the game by holding on to the lead. Are you saying you haven't seen any difference with the play calling over the last month? We are throwing the ball in third and 4th quarter, we haven't went into a shell with 3 dives into a stacked line every series late in the game, we are mixing up the pass and run game, that is why it has worked, the ability to keep a defense off balance is all we needed and most of us were saying that for the last 2 years, yes we do pass on first down, and we also run on second down, that has been the biggest difference, the ability to keep a defense guessing that hasen't been there for us until recently. And take a look we probably throw 90% of the time on 3rd down, that is not a sign of a smash mouth football team, that didn't happen back in the 80's under Gibbs. Yes we have run the ball far better recently then we have over the last 2 years, but we are not blowing people off of the line of scrimmage, we throw the ball in goal line situations a lot, we didn't have to do that in the 80's, so to say we are playing old school smash mouth hard nose football is just not true. Show me a drive that has been relativly exclusive runs? I can show you plenty from the 80's teams.

This team can probably win passing exclusivly, it's not going to win running exclusivly, but it's the balance and uncertainty of what's coming that has made us an effective offense the last month.
offiss is offline  
Old 01-03-2006, 01:02 AM   #55
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,073
Re: Brunell sucks

I'm just curious, and I'm sure others are wondering it as well. Offiss, if the Redskins had started Ramsey from day one and let's say the team finished 8-8 and out of the playoffs. Would you be happier than 10-6 and in the playoffs with Brunell?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 01-03-2006, 01:39 AM   #56
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,961
Re: Brunell sucks

Offiss
Just in case you mixed them up..
Brunell is the one that has been to the probowl and Playoffs. He made it to the AFC Championship game. Wears #8.
Ramsey is the other guy, the guy that has never been on a winning team in th NFL or College. Hasn't been on a winning team since his high school team. Wears #11. Has been sacked alot in his career.
Defensewins is offline  
Old 01-03-2006, 02:01 AM   #57
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Brunell sucks

Please kill this thread or atleast close it, any admin. Like the others guys said out of respect to Brunell.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline  
Old 01-03-2006, 08:42 AM   #58
^21^
 
Luxorreb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Age: 42
Posts: 1,612
Re: Brunell sucks

PLAYOFFS!
Not what Jim Mora Sr said, but what Sean Taylor said!

__________________
GO SKINS!!! ^21^
Luxorreb is offline  
Old 01-03-2006, 09:02 AM   #59
Registered User
 
offiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: sparta, new jersey [ northern jersey ]
Age: 50
Posts: 3,097
Re: Brunell sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
I'm just curious, and I'm sure others are wondering it as well. Offiss, if the Redskins had started Ramsey from day one and let's say the team finished 8-8 and out of the playoffs. Would you be happier than 10-6 and in the playoffs with Brunell?

Shear genious, the problem here is no one is allowed to have an opinion different from some others, I mean that question is something I would expect from an 8 year old, to many get all worked up if you happen to go out on a limb and say Ramsey IMO is a better QB than Brunell at this point in their careers.

What I find absolutly histerical is, of coarse we would be 8-8 with Ramsey in there right? not 11-5 or 12-4 right, maybe the question should be would you rather have a by this week to get healthy and home field advantage for at least 1 game with Ramsey? Or sitting where we are right now? But we all know that would be impossible to even think Ramsey would be capable of that kind of success, right?

There's no way Ramsey would have found a way to beat Oakland, or the Chiefs, or Denver, or Tampa, or the Chargers, all of which were very winnable games.

Remember when Gibbs took over he traded for Portis, he had no need for Betts, it's funny how Gibbs came out and admitted he was wrong about Betts, and that Betts was much better than he originally thought, it's also funny how many football people believe Betts can be a featured back for many teams in the NFL, yet that can no how, no way happen in Ramsey's case, right? Ramsey is garbage he could no how outplay Brunells 9-25 outing on sunday right? Just because Brunell is starting doesn't mean he's the better of the 2, it only means Ramsey hasen't had the opportunity to play in this offense as it has evolved, will he be better? IMO yes, but that's just an opinion based on what I have seen, is it a fact? No, because he hasen't been given a legitamate opportunity in a legitamate offense to show off his skills, if you think for 1 second an offensive scheme, or lack of talent around a QB can't make a QB look bad your sadly mistaken, and Ramsey has yet to play in a serious NFL offense, between Spurriers none existant pass protection schemes, to Gibbs trying to reaclimate himself back into the NFL last year. Brunell has had that luxory this season as we have grown as an offense, and he has done a decent job, DECENT! I would just like to see Ramsey get a fair opportunity to prove me wrong that's all, and I mean next year, as I said several times this is Brunells baby, I don't want a QB change. We are going to sink, or swim, regardless with Brunell! And yes, I do hope we swim.
offiss is offline  
Old 01-03-2006, 09:20 AM   #60
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Brunell sucks

Okay, I haven't been to the site in about three days or so. Before the game.

I can't believe the title of this thread, nor people that would like to suggest that Patrick Ramsey would be doing better at this point.

That's just mind boggling!!

Wait, I'm sure there's still a "Clinton Portis is a system back" thread on here too!!

Great win!!
12thMan is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.36893 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25