Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


How bout it Lavar

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2006, 10:43 AM   #46
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,635
Re: How bout it Lavar

Quote:
Originally Posted by offiss
It's this simple, when Lavar comes remotly close to playing on defense, as Moss play's on offense, he will be cut some slack, but I seriously doubt that will ever happen.
Don't know if it will never happen. But I agree that you can rely on Arrington quite the same way you can with Moss. Plus LA brings a lot of the scrutiny on himself with his constant complaints to the media of "Why am I not playing? What have I done wrong? Just let me play?" etc.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-08-2006, 10:57 AM   #47
Camp Scrub
 
skins_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5
Re: How bout it Lavar

Lavar is a beast. He is really outgoing, and I have really liked him. He has been one of my favorite players since I starting watching football at the age of 5. Lavar ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think he will be back next year with the skins. GO SKINS
skins_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 11:02 AM   #48
Camp Scrub
 
skins_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5
Re: How bout it Lavar

I agree with you big time. Even though he was not disciplened at the beginning of the year, but now he is playing, and helping the skins out big time.

The skins owe him alot of money after this year.
Anyways I think he will be back.

He loves it in Washington and he deserves to be back with the way he plays.
skins_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 11:04 AM   #49
Camp Scrub
 
skins_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5
Re: How bout it Lavar

I watched the pre-game and I watched after the game everything that he was saying. Like I said earlier he is a really outgoing guy. He is the best. I love that man (as a player).
skins_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 11:09 AM   #50
Camp Scrub
 
skins_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5
Re: How bout it Lavar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
He did have that big INT, but he also had another silly offsides penalty on 3rd and 5 extending a drive for the Bucs. He's got to get more disciplined there

Okay,but it is not just about that one game it is about the rest of the season. He does need to be more disclepend,but he is a great player, and he helps us alot.
skins_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 11:09 AM   #51
The Starter
 
mheisig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Southeast
Age: 30
Posts: 2,119
Re: How bout it Lavar

Quote:
Originally Posted by offiss
Marcus without a doubt, WITHOUT A DOUBT, outplayed Lavar today, he is by far our best LB, Lavar made 1 big play, and that was the INT, and the pepsi machine could have made that one, a deflected pass right into his sturnum real tough, he also looked like he was running in slow motion for the end zone.

Where's the big time pass rush? Where's the big play ability? I am glad he made that INT but lets be realistic, just about anyone on this site could have made that play, he was just in the right place at the right time, not a common occurance for Lavar.

Lavar doesn't sack the QB, he doesn't even pressure him, he's supposed to be a difference maker, HE'S NOT!

Marcus turned in the play of the game on the 4th and 1 in the red zone late in the game, he forced Simms to throw an incomplete pass, that was the play that turned the momentum for us. [the dropped pass in the end zone was the biggest turning point but we didn't create that, tampa shot themselves in the foot]
Geez Offis, I can't believe I gotta set you straight AGAIN. According to NFL.com game stats, Lavar and Washington both had 7 tackles, 2 assists and an INT. How exactly is that Marcus "without a doubt" outplaying Lavar? Good god man, do some research before you start talking.

I am NOT denegrating Marcus Washington's play - the guy has been a beast all year long and without a doubt our MVP at the linebacker position, and yes, he's outplayed Lavar most of the year.

Why can't we, whether we like Lavar or not, admit when a guy has a good game? I mean what's the problem? You want to take away his INT just because he was "in the right place at the right time?" That's what football is all about. I don't care if you made a 15 foot vertical leap or just happened to look up at the right time and get the pick, the result is you got the INT. This BS about it being so easy it doesn't count or your grandmother/dog/aunt/wife/you could've done it is just so freakin' retarded. Go suit up and get on the field yourself and make that play before you spout off that it was so easy. People who have never played the game spouting off about how easy it is...

Marcus Washington AND Lavar Arrington both had excellent games (with identical stats) and it resulted in a playoff win - why the hell can't we just let that be?
__________________
Your post count, reputation score, popularity ranking, VIP tag or funny signature has no bearing on how I value you as an individual.
mheisig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 11:11 AM   #52
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,540
Re: How bout it Lavar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw
Why is it the in thing to do, to point out a penalty on LaVar and use it as an excuse to sh-t on him? Moss had two illegal motion penalties called on him today, but I haven't heard one person call him "boneheaded". LaVar had a great game, and made a game changing play, but it's still not enough for some of you. I don't get it.
I pointed it out b/c it was a mental lapse at a critical time. Something LaVar has a history of doing. Yes, he makes great plays - he also makes costly gamebreaker types. All penalties are bad - but Lavar's offsides was akin to the Rabach's holding call in the Oakland rather then to a "run of the mill" penalty in that both the offsides and the holding call had a direct effect on the ability of hte team to stop/continue a drive.

I will say it again. I like Lavar - always have. I just think that when every one of his coaches (save Marty who really liked him) has had issues with his on field discipline - I think their might be something to it. I hope he can stay and really come into his own on this defense. I KNOW GW thought LaVAr could be something special when GW first got here - I saw GW's response with my own eyes when someone asked Gibbs how he would generate a pash rush. He believed in LA but, after seeing him play and practice - is a bit wary.

BTW - I was watching highlights of the game - guess who's name kept popping up: Marcus Washington. He was all over the field.

Let me hear just one Lavar worshipper say that Marcus was the man this week AND the better LB and then I will stop dismissing your arguments as mindless hero worship.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 11:14 AM   #53
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,540
Re: How bout it Lavar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mheisig
Marcus Washington AND Lavar Arrington both had excellent games (with identical stats) and it resulted in a playoff win - why the hell can't we just let that be?
Stat wise they certainly were equal AND LaVar had a really good game. But, just watching the highlights, MW kept popping up on ALL the big plays.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 11:25 AM   #54
The Starter
 
mheisig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Southeast
Age: 30
Posts: 2,119
Re: How bout it Lavar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin
BTW - I was watching highlights of the game - guess who's name kept popping up: Marcus Washington. He was all over the field.

Let me hear just one Lavar worshipper say that Marcus was the man this week AND the better LB and then I will stop dismissing your arguments as mindless hero worship.
For starters, watching highlights and basing your "MVP honors" on how often a name comes up is about as weak as it gets. John Gruden and Chris Simms' names kept coming up so often I thought the three guys in the booth wanted to strip naked and take a bubble bath with them. If you're gonna base your props off how much a player's name comes up, then I'd say the clear winners last night were John Gruden and Chris Simms...oh wait, they lost, nevermind.

I suppose you could say I'm a "Lavar worshipper" (not really, but I think the guy is good). I WILL gladly admit Marcus has been the man this SEASON. He rocks and I hope he has a long and prolific career with the Skins. For the GAME last night, Lavar and Marcus were DEAD EVEN.

I want to hear the "Lavar haters" admit (or at least prove otherwise) that Lavar had a game equal to Marcus'.

I really don't understand the big controversy here really. Marcus Washington is awesome - no doubt about it. Lavar WAS awesome and this season has been, what I'd call above average. Do we really have a problem with having lots of good linebackers? Or do we want to argue that Marcus Washington is the ONLY good linebacker and the others suck?

I for one and perfectly happy to have two of our LBs have an awesome game.
__________________
Your post count, reputation score, popularity ranking, VIP tag or funny signature has no bearing on how I value you as an individual.
mheisig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 11:29 AM   #55
The Starter
 
mheisig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Southeast
Age: 30
Posts: 2,119
Re: How bout it Lavar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin
I pointed it out b/c it was a mental lapse at a critical time. Something LaVar has a history of doing. Yes, he makes great plays - he also makes costly gamebreaker types. All penalties are bad - but Lavar's offsides was akin to the Rabach's holding call in the Oakland rather then to a "run of the mill" penalty in that both the offsides and the holding call had a direct effect on the ability of hte team to stop/continue a drive.

As long as we're pointing out mental mistakes, how about Marcus Washington fumbling the ball after he recovered it?

Yes, it turned out quite well for us with ST running it in for the score, but it was STILL a mistake by Washington no matter what the end result was.
__________________
Your post count, reputation score, popularity ranking, VIP tag or funny signature has no bearing on how I value you as an individual.
mheisig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 01:13 PM   #56
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,540
Re: How bout it Lavar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mheisig
As long as we're pointing out mental mistakes, how about Marcus Washington fumbling the ball after he recovered it?

Yes, it turned out quite well for us with ST running it in for the score, but it was STILL a mistake by Washington no matter what the end result was.
And Lavar fumbled his return and got lucky that it was called down by contact. Those weren't mental mistakes, rather good play by the tacklers.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 01:19 PM   #57
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,540
Re: How bout it Lavar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mheisig
For starters, watching highlights and basing your "MVP honors" on how often a name comes up is about as weak as it gets. John Gruden and Chris Simms' names kept coming up so often I thought the three guys in the booth wanted to strip naked and take a bubble bath with them. If you're gonna base your props off how much a player's name comes up, then I'd say the clear winners last night were John Gruden and Chris Simms...oh wait, they lost, nevermind.

I suppose you could say I'm a "Lavar worshipper" (not really, but I think the guy is good). I WILL gladly admit Marcus has been the man this SEASON. He rocks and I hope he has a long and prolific career with the Skins. For the GAME last night, Lavar and Marcus were DEAD EVEN.

I want to hear the "Lavar haters" admit (or at least prove otherwise) that Lavar had a game equal to Marcus'.

I really don't understand the big controversy here really. Marcus Washington is awesome - no doubt about it. Lavar WAS awesome and this season has been, what I'd call above average. Do we really have a problem with having lots of good linebackers? Or do we want to argue that Marcus Washington is the ONLY good linebacker and the others suck?

I for one and perfectly happy to have two of our LBs have an awesome game.
First of all, I too am happy they both had great games. But, based on when and where the plays were made I give the solid edge to Washington. That's just my opionion based on my observations. Washington came up big on the 4th down stop and appeared to me to be the man on the spot at the crucial times.

I am not trying to take anything away from the good things Lavar did. But this thread started out as another "Lavar is awesome and anyone who doubts it is stupid" thread and struck me as just one more thread on looking at the world through lavar colored glasses.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 02:29 PM   #58
The Starter
 
Southpaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: So. MD
Age: 35
Posts: 1,318
Re: How bout it Lavar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin
I am not trying to take anything away from the good things Lavar did. But this thread started out as another "Lavar is awesome and anyone who doubts it is stupid" thread and struck me as just one more thread on looking at the world through lavar colored glasses.
The only reason this is a thread at all is because better that have the board is in the "I've always loved LaVar, but..." camp. No one has ever questioned Marcus Washingtons ability, or his contribution to the team. Yet, there's constantly someone talking about how "boneheaded" or "overrated" LaVar is.

As I said before, I agree that worshipping LaVar is a bit overboard, but so is looking for excuses to sh-t on him.
Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 02:56 PM   #59
Special Teams
 
AnonEmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Age: 48
Posts: 469
Re: How bout it Lavar

OK, I just read the article on Arringtons performance on redskins.com.

I didn't realise his wife was due to give birth this week. Hope it's early in the week!

Given this little tidbit, anyone else feel that a) he'll be even more up for it against Seattle and b) he may well come back next year with a different (more mature?) attitude?
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 04:36 PM   #60
Special Teams
 
Dirtbag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 142
Re: How bout it Lavar

Great games by Lavar and the rest of the LBs. Hats off!

The offsides penalty sucked obviously, but I'll still take that any day if it comes with 8 tackles and a crucial INT. Way to go, Lavar
Dirtbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31663 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25