Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


The Spitting Ejection

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2006, 05:09 PM   #196
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,083
Re: The Spitting Ejection

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown
You mean what is discussed on this site does not help the team? I demand my donation back!! and all this time I thought Gibbs was reading my post and thats why Brunell was playing instead of Ramsey
He was, don't let anyone tell you otherwise! The Redskins do have a General Manager, his name is TheWarpath.net!!
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-10-2006, 05:10 PM   #197
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,441
Re: The Spitting Ejection

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic
Like I said previously it isn't even about football. Its about a classless act from a Redskin. Do you think Joe was happy about it. NO. I guess if Joe came out and went off about it and said how wrong and ignorant it was, then you all would fall in line.
If Sean Taylor continues to spit on people and he is not caught by refs (and therefore does not hurt the team), do you want him to stay on the team? Or do you want to boot him?
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 05:12 PM   #198
MVP
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 10,017
Re: The Spitting Ejection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10
Actually I'm pretty much in your corner. I don't think players should be allowed to spit on each other, and they should get flagged for a 15 yard penalty for it. But not ejected, not so long as players are allowed to physically fight on the field.

As far as Taylor goes, I lose no respect for the guy just because he spit on somebody. I'm just glad to see the Redskins starting to exude a little toughness for once, after being a bunch of pansies under Spurrier. I'd prefer Taylor not spit, but only because spitting means he'll be ejected, not because he flies in the face of some moral standard I set. In fact, I'll go so far as to say I'll gain respect for him if he spat in T.O.'s face on the field, because I friggin hate T.O.

It's kind of odd for us to root for Sean Taylor to knock the socks off of guys when they're coming over the middle, and then chastize him for something like this. You don't have to like that he spat, you don't have to defend him, you can be grossed out, you can view him as a punk, but as long as you still want the guy on your defense, you can't act all high and mighty and self-righteous.
Amen Amen Amen!


For anyone who thought I was defending the act of spitting on someone let me clear up my thoughts. I wouldn't spit on someone for any reason (well i can think of a few situations that involve my family and such but in those cases if all I did was spit then the other guy ought to feel lucky). But in my opinion it is not nearly as bad as some of you think. It has been suggested that it is the most disrespectful thing that a football player could do. That is simply ridiculous when you consider that players can end other players careers whenever they want basically. Don't tell me that spitting in someone's face, while gross and disrepspectful, is MORE disrespectful than what Romo did to that guy when he ended his career(in practice no less).

Is spitting in someone's face classless? Maybe. Can somone have a moment of classlessness and still be an ok guy? Even a classy guy? Yeah I think so. I would imagine just about everyone here has done something that is classless at one time or another. Maybe not as bad as spitting in someone's face or maybe worse but something nonetheless. So let's not act like we can universally castigate Taylor for spitting in someone's face like some holier-than-thou group or morally unchalleneged fans.

Some of you have expressed displeasure that his actions were detrimental to the team because he got ejected and I think as fans of the Skins this is where our concerns shoud lay. Not with whether he marginally(my word) disrespected a guy by spitting on him. I don't think what he did merited ejection. Just my opionion but I think enagaging in fights is worse.

Does everyone think he ought to be ejected for spitting if he did it? If so then be mad that he alledgedly did something so stupid as to get caught. It wasn't stupid because he spit it was stupid because he got caught.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 05:13 PM   #199
Special Teams
 
FirstandTen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bristow VA
Age: 38
Posts: 254
Re: The Spitting Ejection

This thread is rediclous
FirstandTen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 05:16 PM   #200
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: The Spitting Ejection

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins
Yea this is now the 2nd time he has done this, plus the DUI and pulling the gun on the dude down in Miami. His record is not looking really good, I really hope Gibbs sits downs and has a long talk to him about character and morals.
Everything you mentioned your post, Sean Taylor was accused of, not guilty of.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 05:16 PM   #201
MVP
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 10,017
Re: The Spitting Ejection

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic
Like I said previously it isn't even about football. Its about a classless act from a Redskin. Do you think Joe was happy about it. NO. I guess if Joe came out and went off about it and said how wrong and ignorant it was, then you all would fall in line.
I think the fact that St Joe hasn't come out speaks volumes about how much of the situation involved class(or lack thereof) and how much involved the realization that this is everyday stuff in professional football. I also don't think Joe is ever going to come out against his own player for spitting on a scum bag wife beater. Maybe if he did something more aggressive but not for spitting. It's not like Taylor spit on Joe Montana or Jerry Rice.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 05:18 PM   #202
MVP
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 10,017
Re: The Spitting Ejection

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan
Everything you mentioned your post, Sean Taylor was accused of, not guilty of.
That's only a minor detail.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 05:19 PM   #203
MVP
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 10,017
Re: The Spitting Ejection

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstandTen
This thread is rediclous
Unfortunately being one who has posted probably 6 or 7 times on this I must reluctantly agree. We are discussing spitting. SPITTING. I guess we have nothing else to talk about right now.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 05:28 PM   #204
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,441
Re: The Spitting Ejection

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG
Unfortunately being one who has posted probably 6 or 7 times on this I must reluctantly agree. We are discussing spitting. SPITTING. I guess we have nothing else to talk about right now.
Agreed. If Taylor hadn't gotten ejected and put the team at risk last weekend, I wouldn't care one iota if he was spitting. What I take issue with is the holier than thou attitude of some people in this thread.

Coming down on Sean Taylor for his DUI or his gun charge is just plain wrong and judgmental. The DUI charge was dismissed and the gun charge is still an ALLEGED INCIDENT, he has not been convicted. So for someone to lump this spitting incident in with those two events is presumptuous and judgmental.

Anyone who still wants Taylor on their team, and still wants to pass judgment on what kind of guy he is because he spat on Pittman, you don't deserve to be rooting for him this weekend.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 05:30 PM   #205
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: The Spitting Ejection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10
If you are right about this, 12thMan, then those people are extremely naive. Anyone who thinks dirty and nasty things aren't said and done every game, they've got their head in the clouds. Awful stuff happens at the bottom of the pile. At the bottom of piles, guys shove fingers in eyes, ears, noses, buttholes (no joke), they scratch, they pinch, they hit in the privates, and when they can they hit in the face. They call names and insult family members to provoke other players. All of this goes on in the game we all love. I hope all of us realize this, and I think we all do realize it.

And as long as you're still a fan of a game where this kind of thing knowingly goes on, you have no business getting bent out of shape about a loogie in someone's grill.

IMO, spitting is mild compared to a thumb up my ass under a pile.

Should all of the above be punished with a 15-yard penalty if caught by the ref? Yes. But nobody has any business being morally outraged by a loogie. I find that ridiculous.
That's why I said, I'm being presumptous. Perhaps some are being naive, but that's not mine to point out. Not about whether Sean's act was wrong, but whether it actually happens and goes on in the NFL.

Would his act been any more wrong had it been hidden from public view and not drawn so much attention?
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 05:35 PM   #206
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,441
Re: The Spitting Ejection

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan
That's why I said, I'm being presumptous. Perhaps some are being naive, but that's not mine to point out. Not about whether Sean's act was wrong, but whether it actually happens and goes on in the NFL.

Would his act been any more wrong had it been hidden from public view and not drawn so much attention?
Yeah it would be just as wrong. And because we all know that it goes on in the game we love so much, nobody should be shocked or appalled at Taylor's actions.

PS I was supporting your point.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 05:37 PM   #207
MVP
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 10,017
Re: The Spitting Ejection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10
Yeah it would be just as wrong. But because we all know that it goes on in the game we love so much, nobody should be shocked or appalled at Taylor's actions.
Nor should we care much. It is part of the game. Love or leave it is what I say. I love it. Go Taylor! Do whatever you can as long as you can stay in the game. Don't put yourself in another position to get jacked. Put youself in position to take guys out of the game.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 05:40 PM   #208
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: The Spitting Ejection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10
Yeah it would be just as wrong. And because we all know that it goes on in the game we love so much, nobody should be shocked or appalled at Taylor's actions.

PS I was supporting your point.

No, I knew you were....but it seems everyone is all wound up about this thing.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 05:42 PM   #209
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: The Spitting Ejection

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG
Nor should we care much. It is part of the game. Love or leave it is what I say. I love it. Go Taylor! Do whatever you can as long as you can stay in the game. Don't put yourself in another position to get jacked. Put youself in position to take guys out of the game.
And I think it's your sentiments, which I agree with by the way, that some are taking out of context. Taylor's reality and ours are different, especially on Sunday!
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 05:43 PM   #210
Special Teams
 
Hogroll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cecil-tucky, MD
Age: 50
Posts: 274
Re: The Spitting Ejection

Has anybody stopped to think that maybe he "only" got fined 17k because the ref wasn't quite sure what he saw... after initial reaction?

NFL needed to impose some fine, maybe not so stiff because it was in retaliation?

Just a thought...
Hogroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.58156 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25