Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


GAME THREAD - Redskins @ Seahawks, 1/14/06

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2006, 08:51 PM   #226
LRT
Special Teams
 
LRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 48
Posts: 174
Re: GAME THREAD - Redskins @ Seahawks, 1/14/06

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse
Even with 30 seconds left there was no giving up. Real Skins football. Real Joe Gibbs football. Hail to the Redskins, cuz they sure fought today.
Amen. These guys never quit and, I think, seeing what they could accomplish by getting to the playoffs will only give them confidence for next year and make them even hungrier to go all the way.
LRT is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-14-2006, 10:26 PM   #227
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,594
Re: GAME THREAD - Redskins @ Seahawks, 1/14/06

3 turnovers for Seattle, 3 turnovers in a playoff game and all the Redskins can muster off of 3 turnovers is 3 lousy points!

Defense was playing pretty good all game, but take away 2 of the Seattle turnovers and the Redskins offense would not have reached the 200 yard mark. The offense completely let you guys down today.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 12:53 AM   #228
Playmaker
 
skinsfanthru&thru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 3,743
Re: GAME THREAD - Redskins @ Seahawks, 1/14/06

A couple of catches here and there (ie Rodgers on that easy pick for 6, the Portis throw to cooley if it was thrown a little softer towards the sideline, and that last play to moss) the team had the game. The seahawks played a good enough game to win, but with alexander being knocked out in the first quarter and 3 turnovers recovered with another 3-4 left on the field, the skins should have won if the offense had played more like they did in the 4th quarter all day long. Even though every loss sucks hairy balls, this has been an extremely promising season and with a weapon or 2 more added to the offense, this team will be on every opponents radar next season. The defense was absolutely incredible this year at knocking the ball out of opponents hands as well as tipping the ball at the line of scrimmage and we saw what that translates too in the to margin and win/loss record during the last nine games of the season. There will no doubt be people, mostly cowpie, iggle, and weemen in this area, coming out of the woodworks showing up tomorrow trying to talk $h!+, but all I'm gonna say to them is "How did your team do this year? and They did better than 24 other teams in the league and I'll take that every year I can get it."

So skins fans hold your heads up high because the team showed incredible heart this season and the near future for this team looks pretty damn good.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 01:19 AM   #229
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,594
Re: GAME THREAD - Redskins @ Seahawks, 1/14/06

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru
So skins fans hold your heads up high because the team showed incredible heart this season and the near future for this team looks pretty damn good.
What do you mean when you say "near future" next week? Next month? Because it sure does not look like next season being that the Redskins are a projected 27 million dollars over the cap for 2006, and you do not have a first round pick.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 01:57 AM   #230
Playmaker
 
skinsfanthru&thru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 3,743
Re: GAME THREAD - Redskins @ Seahawks, 1/14/06

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack
What do you mean when you say "near future" next week? Next month? Because it sure does not look like next season being that the Redskins are a projected 27 million dollars over the cap for 2006, and you do not have a first round pick.
the cap is no problem for a team that has had supposed cap problems for the last 3-4 years and I firmly believe Campbell after a year to learn Gibbs offense under Gibbs, Musgrave, and Brunnel is a heck of a lot better than any player we could have gotten as a rookie with our mid 20 pick in the first round of this years draft. Don't be bitter cuz u don't have a young qb ready to replace your stone footed qb of the present and because u have an owner who apparently wants to waste a bunch of your teams cap space on a player in TO who likes to cause all of his teams to implode slowly and painfully after he gets a nice payday .

skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 02:04 AM   #231
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,984
Re: GAME THREAD - Redskins @ Seahawks, 1/14/06

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack
What do you mean when you say "near future" next week? Next month? Because it sure does not look like next season being that the Redskins are a projected 27 million dollars over the cap for 2006, and you do not have a first round pick.
Unlike some teams we actually are able to manage the cap well. We are in "cap hell" accoridng to dumbass "experts" every year and somehow we never end up having to gut the team. And having no first round pic actually helps the cap situation since we won't be signing anyone to a big contract there. Those who really do understand the cap know we are actually and realistically no more than 4 or 5 over. I could restructure contracts to save 4 or 5 million and I know nothing compared to Skins' cap guys. I don't think any informed person is really worried in these parts about our cap.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 03:08 AM   #232
The Starter
 
dgack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The ATX (formerly Balmer)
Posts: 1,125
Re: GAME THREAD - Redskins @ Seahawks, 1/14/06

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack
What do you mean when you say "near future" next week? Next month? Because it sure does not look like next season being that the Redskins are a projected 27 million dollars over the cap for 2006, and you do not have a first round pick.
Did you just show up to gloat at the Redskins loss? How sad for you...

I've plenty of friends who are Cowboys fans on other boards who were happy that the East was still in the playoffs today and praised the team for the turnaround.
dgack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 03:10 AM   #233
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,637
Re: GAME THREAD - Redskins @ Seahawks, 1/14/06

**** man we lost
__________________
"For there is nothing half so glorious
As to see our team victorious"



BSB
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27399 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25