Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Steeler Fans

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2006, 09:16 AM   #1
Special Teams
 
gortiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 498
Steeler Fans

I really want to cheer the steelers, I think Cowher is such a good coach and I always pull for the blue collar teams, but what are the steeler fans like?
__________________
"If people are underestimating us," Jansen said, "there will be a rude awakening this year."
gortiz is offline  

Advertisements
Old 01-16-2006, 09:51 AM   #2
Playmaker
 
cpayne5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,807
Re: Steeler Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by gortiz
I really want to cheer the steelers, I think Cowher is such a good coach and I always pull for the blue collar teams, but what are the steeler fans like?
I work with about 5 of them. All but one are football ignorant.
__________________
"It's not about what you've done, but what's been done for you."
cpayne5 is offline  
Old 01-16-2006, 09:58 AM   #3
Assistant Regional Mod
 
EternalEnigma21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Warrenton VA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,953
Re: Steeler Fans

I have alot of steeler fans in my in law's family. They're pretty good folks. Steelers are my second fav. team. They play physical football and Troy Palomalu (spelling?) is alot of fun to watch.

I'm a skins fan, mind you, not a steelers fan, but I like them in the afc. Also, I hate the broncos, and I hate champ bailey, so GO STEELERS!!

If I had to pick an NFC team (other than us) I'd have to pick the Panthers because they're team is built similarly to ours, and John Fox has alot of respect for Gibbs (openly) and steve smith is a bad MF.
__________________
Need electrical work in the Northern VA, or Shenandoah Valley? Click here

...and why do we still have a Tom Tupa avatar???
EternalEnigma21 is offline  
Old 01-16-2006, 11:14 AM   #4
Playmaker
 
skinsfanthru&thru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 33
Posts: 3,633
Re: Steeler Fans

most of the ones I've known r pretty dang annoying. a couple have been pretty nice but most have just been arrogant pricks. maybe it's something to do with being somewhat close to philly fans
skinsfanthru&thru is offline  
Old 01-16-2006, 02:04 PM   #5
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 25
Posts: 5,635
Re: Steeler Fans

They all are, i can't get the right word. See they are not stupid, they are loyal fans, but they brag a lot. THey are really annoying. I just want to punch them in the face every once in a while.
__________________
"For there is nothing half so glorious
As to see our team victorious"



BSB
BigSKINBauer is offline  
Old 01-16-2006, 10:07 PM   #6
Playmaker
 
skinsfanthru&thru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 33
Posts: 3,633
Re: Steeler Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSKINBauer
They all are, i can't get the right word. See they are not stupid, they are loyal fans, but they brag a lot. THey are really annoying. I just want to punch them in the face every once in a while.
most of the ones I've known r very cocky and narrowminded.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline  
Old 01-16-2006, 11:49 PM   #7
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,877
Re: Steeler Fans

Most of the ones I have known are insufferable. I imagine they are much like Skins fans used to be before we had a decade of badness to bring us down a notch. They cling to their Superbowls of the 70's and think their team has a legitimate chance every year. They'll actually explain why they will win the SB. They always forget that Cowher can't win a big game for his life. The bigger the game the harder he falls. One SB appearance in his reign and a ton of also rans. Sounds like a "get you close" type of coach to me. They'll choke again this year I'd bet on it big time.
FRPLG is offline  
Old 01-16-2006, 11:52 PM   #8
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,877
Re: Steeler Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSKINBauer
They all are, i can't get the right word. See they are not stupid, they are loyal fans, but they brag a lot. THey are really annoying. I just want to punch them in the face every once in a while.
They do brag a lot and I can't figure out why. They won SBs in the 70's with coaches and players that no longer have anything to do with the current team. You didn't hear us talk much crap about whatever current Skins team before Gibbs came back simply based on SBs that had nothng to do with whichever current Skins team. Puzzling. I often wonder how overrated those Steeler teams were from the 70's.
FRPLG is offline  
Old 01-17-2006, 02:15 PM   #9
Special Teams
 
gortiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 498
Re: Steeler Fans

okay that settles it, I want the Panthers to win ...
__________________
"If people are underestimating us," Jansen said, "there will be a rude awakening this year."
gortiz is offline  
Old 01-17-2006, 02:44 PM   #10
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,539
Re: Steeler Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG
They do brag a lot and I can't figure out why. They won SBs in the 70's with coaches and players that no longer have anything to do with the current team. You didn't hear us talk much crap about whatever current Skins team before Gibbs came back simply based on SBs that had nothng to do with whichever current Skins team. Puzzling. I often wonder how overrated those Steeler teams were from the 70's.
How can a team that won 4 super bowls in 5 years be overrated?

I think steeler fans brag because they did win 4 super bowls and they are always in contention every year. Since the mid 90's they have been in the AFC championship game 4 times and the super bowl once. I think most redskins fans would be happy as pigs in sh!t to have had that much winning. I know I would.
irish is offline  
Old 01-17-2006, 02:49 PM   #11
Fight for old DC!
 
Redskins_P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Falls Church, VA
Age: 35
Posts: 4,085
Re: Steeler Fans

I know a couple of Steeler fans, and they're ok. They're very similar to us skins fans.......very knowledgeable and loyal.
Redskins_P is offline  
Old 01-17-2006, 02:51 PM   #12
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,048
Re: Steeler Fans

The Steelers fans I've known are better than most fans. I would rank the 5 worst fans on the basis of annoyingness and ignorance:

1. Baltimore Ravens
2. San Francisco 49ers
3. New York Giants
4. Dallas Cowboys
5. Chicago Bears

The 5 best:

1. Washington Redskins
2. Kansas City Chiefs
3. Denver Broncos
4. Oakland Raiders
5. Pittsburgh Steelers
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline  
Old 01-17-2006, 02:52 PM   #13
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,877
Re: Steeler Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish
How can a team that won 4 super bowls in 5 years be overrated?

I think steeler fans brag because they did win 4 super bowls and they are always in contention every year. Since the mid 90's they have been in the AFC championship game 4 times and the super bowl once. I think most redskins fans would be happy as pigs in sh!t to have had that much winning. I know I would.
I am not saying they are overrated. I never saw them play. I said I wondered how overrated they were.
FRPLG is offline  
Old 01-17-2006, 02:56 PM   #14
Fight for old DC!
 
Redskins_P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Falls Church, VA
Age: 35
Posts: 4,085
Re: Steeler Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Chip
The Steelers fans I've known are better than most fans. I would rank the 5 worst fans on the basis of annoyingness and ignorance:

1. Baltimore Ravens
2. San Francisco 49ers
3. New York Giants
4. Dallas Cowboys
5. Chicago Bears

The 5 best:

1. Washington Redskins
2. Kansas City Chiefs
3. Denver Broncos
4. Oakland Raiders
5. Pittsburgh Steelers
I would replace the 49er fans with Eagle fans. I think they have to be the worst of all!
Redskins_P is offline  
Old 01-17-2006, 03:01 PM   #15
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,504
Re: Steeler Fans

i went on a bus trip with ALL steeler fans last year to see the skins at heinz field .the steeler fans are very close to redskin fans as being knowledgeable and courteous towards me.a couple of times after some good natured ribbing the steeler fans apoligized to me.i told them it was nothing after going to philly 8 years in a row.they replied" **** philly" that alone made them alright with me
dmek25 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28781 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25