Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Collins officially released

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2004, 04:47 PM   #1
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 43
Posts: 4,920
Collins officially released

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1791650

Where do you think he ends up? I think he'd be perfect in Arizona as a backup to McCown.. I just hope he doesn't end up in Dallas, he's had some good games against us..
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-28-2004, 04:49 PM   #2
Playmaker
 
cpayne5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,807
I think he's a good fit with Denny Green. Especially now with LFitz out there. All Green needs is a QB to throw it up.
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 04:50 PM   #3
Thank You, Sean.
 
Gmanc711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Age: 28
Posts: 7,499
For Some Reason Green is set on McNown. I really dont see it, but than again, i've only seen Josh McNown on one play, and thats the pass vs Vikings and that looked pretty good, haha. I gotta think Kerry Collins wants to start, otherwise he wouldnt have wanted out of NY.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 04:53 PM   #4
Playmaker
 
cpayne5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,807
True. Is SF a viable option?
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 04:55 PM   #5
Special Teams
 
Carnage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 468
Sure. Maybe Miami too.
Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 05:01 PM   #6
Playmaker
 
skinsfanthru&thru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 3,720
his ties with fassel may lead him to baltimore and even though they have boller, i could see collins taking the starting job there.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 05:02 PM   #7
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,897
San Fran has no cap space to sign Collins. The Cardinals have a ton of cap space. Let see what happens. Cowboys already have a lot of QB's. Raiders is also a possiblity.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 05:09 PM   #8
Playmaker
 
skinsfanthru&thru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 3,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins
San Fran has no cap space to sign Collins. The Cardinals have a ton of cap space. Let see what happens. Cowboys already have a lot of QB's. Raiders is also a possiblity.
i forgot about the raiders. collins definitely has more of the type of arm turner looks for in a qb and gannon and his backup r both coming back from injuries.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 05:17 PM   #9
The Starter
 
EEich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bristol, CT
Age: 50
Posts: 1,001
Rich Gannon replacement?
EEich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 09:06 PM   #10
Playmaker
 
sportscurmudgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,159
Collins is a very serviceable QB. He is being cut because his cap number is outrageously high and he would not redo his deal with the Giants since it was obvious that they were going to put Eli in at QB soon if not immediately.

The Bears need QB help.

Collins is better than anyone on the Miami roster.

If Kitna pitches a fit and has to get jettisoned in Cincy, the Bengals will need someone behind Palmer.

Quick, who's the backup QB in KC?

Dallas has Quincy Carter, and two guys not ready to play.

Baltimore suffered with Anthony Wright after Boller was injured last year.

There are lots of places where Collins can fit in. The real determinants will be how much money he wants over how long a period of time and does he have to be the starting QB.
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 09:10 PM   #11
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,808
Collins still has a few seasons as a starter left in him, he'll find a job very quickly I'm sure. Let's hope it's not Dallas, though I highly doubt he'll end up there with the way the Cowboys seem focused on 2005.
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 09:12 PM   #12
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon
Collins is a very serviceable QB. He is being cut because his cap number is outrageously high and he would not redo his deal with the Giants since it was obvious that they were going to put Eli in at QB soon if not immediately.

The Bears need QB help.

Collins is better than anyone on the Miami roster.

If Kitna pitches a fit and has to get jettisoned in Cincy, the Bengals will need someone behind Palmer.

Quick, who's the backup QB in KC?

Dallas has Quincy Carter, and two guys not ready to play.

Baltimore suffered with Anthony Wright after Boller was injured last year.

There are lots of places where Collins can fit in. The real determinants will be how much money he wants over how long a period of time and does he have to be the starting QB.
Wonder where Kordell will end up?

Maybe Kordell could go to Miami

They have Shane Matthews!

Survey says...Todd Collins

Kordell in Dallas?

Boy, Redman is pretty much done there isn't he?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 09:15 PM   #13
Playmaker
 
sportscurmudgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,159
smootsmack:

I know that Kordell Stewart will not agree, but the place for him to go is back to "slash". He could be a defensive coordinator's headache playing some WR and some slot receiver and some running back and some QB all in the same game. It worked before, but he just wants to be a QB and he just isn't good enuf.
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 09:23 PM   #14
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon
smootsmack:

I know that Kordell Stewart will not agree, but the place for him to go is back to "slash". He could be a defensive coordinator's headache playing some WR and some slot receiver and some running back and some QB all in the same game. It worked before, but he just wants to be a QB and he just isn't good enuf.
Like Antwan Randle-El...just so there's no confusion here I'm in no way advocating Kordell for the Hall of Fame. Just wondering what will happen to him now
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 11:43 PM   #15
Pro Bowl
 
SKINSnCANES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Age: 32
Posts: 5,421
Kordell is never going to be a starter again in my opinion. Id love to play against him, Taylor would have 6 picks against him... He cant run like he used to and isnt that smart about it. I could see the niners making some space for him, but I want Dorsey to find a way to the starters role their. Collins might not be able to find a startign gig this year.
__________________
"I'm used to winning, coming from the University of Miami. " Clinton Portis
SKINSnCANES is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27814 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25