Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Campbell or Brunell in 2006?

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Assuming Campbell is ready to go, who would you like to see starting opening day '06?
Campbell 105 60.34%
Brunell 69 39.66%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2006, 02:09 PM   #76
Robert Griffin III
 
Monksdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 1,495
Re: Campbell or Brunell in 2006?

23 Td

10 Int

Who voted for Campbell? ? ?

Pro Bowl voting had Mark as a contender. And we go a game into the playoffs, and anybody wants to start the kid over him. Did I miss something? Jason will get his chance when Patrick is gone, and Mark has a few bad weeks in a row, or at Gibbs' discretion. Out of your minds.
__________________
Robert Griffin III
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-23-2006, 02:13 PM   #77
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 33
Posts: 17,563
Re: Campbell or Brunell in 2006?

I voted for Campbell, not because I think Brunell is bad, but because it's time to start working on the future. If Saunders can run some plays that rejuvenate Brunell, then that's great, but as of now, I just feel that Brunell doesn't look to the open receiver.

Do I think we can win with him? Yes.

I also think we can win with Jason Campbell if anything that the coaching staff has said so far is accurate.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:18 PM   #78
Impact Rookie
 
Twilbert07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 49
Posts: 594
Re: Campbell or Brunell in 2006?

Exactly. Look at Pittsburgh. They started their young QB last year, and now he's heading to the Super Bowl at age 23.
__________________
a Skins fan every day, every way.
Twilbert07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:22 PM   #79
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Campbell or Brunell in 2006?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monksdown
23 Td

10 Int

Who voted for Campbell? ? ?

Pro Bowl voting had Mark as a contender. And we go a game into the playoffs, and anybody wants to start the kid over him. Did I miss something?
obviously you missed his two seasons in a row of playing like trash when injured and his 25 yard performance. He gets tired down the stretch and plays very poorly when hurt yet refuses to leave the field. Have an open competition and let the better player win. Brunell isn't going to be around much longer and if campbell is ready, no time like the present to see if he's really our future.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:25 PM   #80
Robert Griffin III
 
Monksdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 1,495
Re: Campbell or Brunell in 2006?

I dont think you will find many coaches, that short of injury to the vet with those numbers, would agree with you.

And I love you to death, but when you spend billions of dollars on something, and you have a million+ people counting on you. I wouldn't be able to go to sleep whispering to myself, "if ben roethlisburger did it, then so can Jason." Ben is a statistical wack job. You simply can never expect something even close to that.

I dont discount that you could be right, but id say there is probably a 90-98% chance, you are way off.

When somebody performs as advertised, you do not pull him. You do not pull him. I wish Mark was my daddy.

We are building for the Divison Title, and the Superbowl next year. By starting your unproven, no experienced qb, your new goal is to be above .500, and then the playoffs. Mark is playoff bound again next year, homies.
__________________
Robert Griffin III
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:26 PM   #81
Robert Griffin III
 
Monksdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 1,495
Re: Campbell or Brunell in 2006?

and where were you the last 6 months?
__________________
Robert Griffin III
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 04:09 PM   #82
The Starter
 
RMSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 26
Posts: 1,066
Re: Campbell or Brunell in 2006?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monksdown
I dont think you will find many coaches, that short of injury to the vet with those numbers, would agree with you.

And I love you to death, but when you spend billions of dollars on something, and you have a million+ people counting on you. I wouldn't be able to go to sleep whispering to myself, "if ben roethlisburger did it, then so can Jason." Ben is a statistical wack job. You simply can never expect something even close to that.

I dont discount that you could be right, but id say there is probably a 90-98% chance, you are way off.

When somebody performs as advertised, you do not pull him. You do not pull him. I wish Mark was my daddy.

We are building for the Divison Title, and the Superbowl next year. By starting your unproven, no experienced qb, your new goal is to be above .500, and then the playoffs. Mark is playoff bound again next year, homies.
I completely agree with this Brunell should be our starter for 2006, Brunell should be even better with a legitimate #2 receiver, I think Brunell gives us the best shot at a SB next year. As for Campbell I believe that he will be a great player in the future for us but as for next year Brunell should start and Campbell should wait another year.
RMSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 04:15 PM   #83
Camp Scrub
 
Gibbs is God's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Richmond,VA
Age: 22
Posts: 20
Re: Campbell or Brunell in 2006?

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?!?!?!?!?!

brunell has taken us far, i cant deny he has made a huge impact taking us to the 2nd round of the playoffs, but did u see his performance in the playoffs? not to mention the O-line wont block for him and brunell simply is not an out of the pocket QB. jason campbell is young and quick. he will make big plays. i see brunell backing him up in the near future.
Gibbs is God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 04:17 PM   #84
Playmaker
 
gibbsisgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 129 W 81st street
Age: 35
Posts: 3,503
Re: Campbell or Brunell in 2006?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbs is God
WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?!?!?!?!?!

brunell has taken us far, i cant deny he has made a huge impact taking us to the 2nd round of the playoffs, but did u see his performance in the playoffs? not to mention the O-line wont block for him and brunell simply is not an out of the pocket QB. jason campbell is young and quick. he will make big plays. i see brunell backing him up in the near future.
i think im the victim of identity theft
gibbsisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 04:37 PM   #85
Special Teams
 
azskinsfan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Age: 57
Posts: 232
Re: Campbell or Brunell in 2006?

I voted Campbell, but I just want to be in the playoffs again, whoever can get us there. Coach Gibbs will make the right decision. Campbell may still be a year away.
__________________
Long live Sonny J!!! Rock on Redskins!!!!!!
azskinsfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 12:19 AM   #86
Camp Scrub
 
CooleyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Springfield, Va
Posts: 28
Re: Campbell or Brunell in 2006?

Why is Patrick Ramsey not getting a chance? I know he's a dumb redneck, but he showed savvy with Spurrier, and we should work on him.. we should have Ramsey and Campbell play out practice to be number 2, and whoever shines through, thats who we should put the job of a long term answer on.
__________________
"I want to give George Steinbrenner fellatio!" - D. Snyder
CooleyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 12:26 AM   #87
Camp Scrub
 
CooleyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Springfield, Va
Posts: 28
Thumbs down Re: Campbell or Brunell in 2006?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbs is God
WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?!?!?!?!?!

brunell has taken us far, i cant deny he has made a huge impact taking us to the 2nd round of the playoffs, but did u see his performance in the playoffs? not to mention the O-line wont block for him and brunell simply is not an out of the pocket QB. jason campbell is young and quick. he will make big plays. i see brunell backing him up in the near future.

You are an idiot, and this post really reflects your age, kid. Mark Brunell is/was a great scrambling QB. Not an out of pocket QB? He might not be fast like he used to be, but you obviously know nothing about Mark Brunell.

The o-line isn't blocking because half of them are frigging hurt. Jason Campbell is going to make big plays? No. He's a rookie. He'll have the occasional long pass play to a WIDE open Moss, but he needs another year. He's a daisy fresh baby.
__________________
"I want to give George Steinbrenner fellatio!" - D. Snyder
CooleyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 08:14 AM   #88
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 43
Posts: 4,923
Re: Campbell or Brunell in 2006?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooleyFan
Why is Patrick Ramsey not getting a chance? I know he's a dumb redneck, but he showed savvy with Spurrier, and we should work on him.. we should have Ramsey and Campbell play out practice to be number 2, and whoever shines through, thats who we should put the job of a long term answer on.
1. He makes bad decisions.
2. He holds on to the ball too long.
3. When he's hit, he fumbles, a lot.
4. His leadership skills (allegedly) are lacking.
5. He doesn't have the 'it factor' that successful NFL QB have.
6. and most importantly, the coaching staff doesn't trust him.

He's gone, deal with it.
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 08:18 AM   #89
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,309
Re: Campbell or Brunell in 2006?

Let's chill with the name calling, if you can't discuss things in an adult manner you'll be taking a break.

thanks
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 10:00 AM   #90
Special Teams
 
gortiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 498
Re: Campbell or Brunell in 2006?

Okay, Okay, now I'm convinced we don't need to add Ramsey to this poll ..


Gibbs called quarterbacks Mark Brunell and Jason Campbell to inform them of Saunders's hiring but said he has not talked to Patrick Ramsey, who almost certainly will be traded or released.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...012301197.html
__________________
"If people are underestimating us," Jansen said, "there will be a rude awakening this year."
gortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.52935 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25