Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Will Saunders Affect Our QB Situation?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2006, 02:01 PM   #1
Registered User
 
offiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: sparta, new jersey [ northern jersey ]
Age: 50
Posts: 3,097
Will Saunders Affect Our QB Situation?

I wonder how much of a say Saunders will have in who our QB will be, Trent Green is very similar to our own Ramsey, both are very tough, while Green is a little more elusive Ramsey boast's a much more powerful arm. The Coryell system has alway's been one that needed a QB with a big arm, this could be a changing of the guard as far as brunell is concerned, I do believe we will abandon a lot of the Musgrave dink and dunk offense, does this possibly spell a repreave for Ramsey? Or does it mean a possible promotion for Campbell, it will be very interesting to see how this unfolds?

I really wonder what kind of input he will have concerning the starter.

One thing for sure, I believe Portis should be doing cart wheels right about now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-19-2006, 02:06 PM   #2
Playmaker
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 3,102
Re: Will Saunders Effect Our Qb Situation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by offiss
I wonder how much of a say Saunders will have in who our QB will be, Trent Green is very similar to our own Ramsey, both are very tough, while Green is a little more elusive Ramsey boast's a much more powerful arm. The Coryell system has alway's been one that needed a QB with a big arm, this could be a changing of the guard as far as brunell is concerned, I do believe we will abandon a lot of the Musgrave dink and dunk offense, does this possibly spell a repreave for Ramsey? Or does it mean a possible promotion for Campbell, it will very interesting to see how this unfolds?

I really wonder what kind of input he will have concerning the starter.

One thing for sure, I believe Portis should be doing cart wheels right about now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was thinking the exact same thing. Not so much Ramsey, cause I think he's gone, but I think that this may accelerate the maturation of Jason Campbell and I think he might get his shot next season. In the KC offense you have a guy who can make all the throws. With all due respect to the season Brunell had, I just don't have faith in his ability to do that. I know he had a good season and helped lead the team to the playoffs, but I think that Saunders may be more partial to Campbell because of his arm strength and physical tools.
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 02:07 PM   #3
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,114
Re: Will Saunders Effect Our Qb Situation?

Keep wishing there offiss, your boy Ramsey is done here.

If anything I'm wondering how this will help Campbell.
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 02:07 PM   #4
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,114
Re: Will Saunders Effect Our Qb Situation?

Green doesn't exactly have a cannon either, but he's accurate.
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 02:09 PM   #5
Thank You, Sean.
 
Gmanc711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 7,506
Re: Will Saunders Effect Our Qb Situation?

Well, the way Gibbs has been speaking of Jason Campbell, I think it could be a real possibility. I'm still very fond of the idea of having Brunell start the season, and if he gets injured then letting Campbell take over. I just dont know if I like the idea of Campbell starting right from the get go, when I feel like this is really a team that can make a serious title run. However, we havent really seen much of Campbell, so its hard to judge.

I wish Ramsey was staying, but i've just accepted the fact that he probaboly wont be bakc.
__________________
#21
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 02:10 PM   #6
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,107
Re: Will Saunders Effect Our Qb Situation?

Is it Effect or Affect?

You bring up an interesting point about Musgrave. I wouldn't say he has a dink-and-dunk offense. But he is West Coast, which is a lot of short passes to move the chains. Saunders, like Gibbs 1.0, is a lot of run, run, play-action.

These are two quite different philosophies. My feeling still is that Musgrave will work on fundamentals while Saunders works with Gibbs on the playcalling.

But I don't think even Saunders can keep Ramsey here. I just think it's best for all parties if they part ways (Ramsey and the Redskins)
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 02:12 PM   #7
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,114
Re: Will Saunders Effect Our Qb Situation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
Is it Effect or Affect?

You bring up an interesting point about Musgrave. I wouldn't say he has a dink-and-dunk offense. But he is West Coast, which is a lot of short passes to move the chains. Saunders, like Gibbs 1.0, is a lot of run, run, play-action.

These are two quite different philosophies. My feeling still is that Musgrave will work on fundamentals while Saunders works with Gibbs on the playcalling.

But I don't think even Saunders can keep Ramsey here. I just think it's best for all parties if they part ways (Ramsey and the Redskins)
I always get effect and affect mixed up.

I'd love to know the difference and when to use which one.
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 02:13 PM   #8
The Starter
 
redsk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,351
Re: Will Saunders Effect Our Qb Situation?

It's hard to say. Trent Green has the "it" factor. He just knows how to make plays. He's not very fast, doesn't have a big arm, and doesn't look very athletic. He is very accurate, patient, and elusive.
I would have to think he is going to have his input, but Gibbs is still going to be making the final decisions and that means Brunell. Campbell is still an unknown.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 02:14 PM   #9
Registered User
 
offiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: sparta, new jersey [ northern jersey ]
Age: 50
Posts: 3,097
Re: Will Saunders Effect Our Qb Situation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
Keep wishing there offiss, your boy Ramsey is done here.

If anything I'm wondering how this will help Campbell.

I said it before, and I will say it again, we will regreat in the long haul giving up on Ramsey!

Until he's officially out of here I will not give up!!!!!!!!
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 02:14 PM   #10
Playmaker
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 3,102
Re: Will Saunders Effect Our Qb Situation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
I just think it's best for all parties if they part ways (Ramsey and the Redskins)
That's the same way I feel. I don't think Ramsey really got a fair shake here except for one year under Spurrier when he got knocked out after 10 games. Even then people wanted him replaced because Tim Hasselbeck came in and played (I say played cause I thought he sucked). I think the best thing for him is a fresh start in a spot where he can go and get some starts.
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 02:17 PM   #11
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,107
Re: Will Saunders Effect Our Qb Situation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
I always get effect and affect mixed up.

I'd love to know the difference and when to use which one.
OCTOBER 2003 GRAMMAR RULES!

"Affect Versus Effect," by Paula Marie Bentley, Editor-in-Chief

Affect means to influence.

Example: “The rain affected our day.”

Effect means to bring about some kind of result.

“Rain is the effect of moisture in the clouds.”

Affect and effect are two words that are commonly confused.

"Affect" is usually a verb meaning "to influence".

The drug did not affect the disease.

"Effect" is usually a noun meaning "result".

The drug has many adverse side effects.

"Effect" can also be used as a verb meaning "to bring about".

The present government effected many positive changes.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 02:20 PM   #12
Special Teams
 
amorentz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 368
Re: Will Saunders Effect Our Qb Situation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
I always get effect and affect mixed up.

I'd love to know the difference and when to use which one.
"effect" is a noun, as in "Success was the effect of the Saunders hiring."

"affect" is a verb, as in "Saunders will affect the Skins by making them a more potent offense."

So when you talk of doing it's "affect" and of the results of something "effect."

(My mom used to be an English teacher...dinner was sometimes unbearable! jk mom, jk)
amorentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 02:21 PM   #13
Impact Rookie
 
memphisskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Nashville, TN
Age: 43
Posts: 960
Re: Will Saunders Effect Our Qb Situation?

I like the Ramsey/Green comparison if only because when Green was in DC he couldn't get out of the way of the rush either. I think the most important aspect Saunders will bring is playcalling, something that Gibbs has struggled with since his return. This is a great move, I expect to see a lot more of and less of on offense now.
memphisskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 02:21 PM   #14
Special Teams
 
amorentz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 368
Re: Will Saunders Effect Our Qb Situation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
OCTOBER 2003 GRAMMAR RULES!

"Affect Versus Effect," by Paula Marie Bentley, Editor-in-Chief

Affect means to influence.

Example: “The rain affected our day.”

Effect means to bring about some kind of result.

“Rain is the effect of moisture in the clouds.”

Affect and effect are two words that are commonly confused.

"Affect" is usually a verb meaning "to influence".

The drug did not affect the disease.

"Effect" is usually a noun meaning "result".

The drug has many adverse side effects.

"Effect" can also be used as a verb meaning "to bring about".

The present government effected many positive changes.
Eh, I was close enough for a football fan
amorentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 02:22 PM   #15
The Starter
 
drew54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: IOWA
Age: 32
Posts: 1,316
Re: Will Saunders Effect Our Qb Situation?

I really hope we go Campbell all the way now.

Bring him up in the Rothelisberger way, only throw deep a few times a game, and keep it simple.

Plus his year on the bench will help him with the transition into the new scheme.

HAIL SKINS!!
__________________
No pressure, no diamonds.
drew54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.51622 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25