Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


The perfect trade for Ramsey

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2006, 05:26 PM   #76
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Re: The perfect trade for Ramsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Chip
Its only a matter of time until Halley's comet comes around again too. Whether or not any of us will be alive to see it is another question.
Zing!!
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-20-2006, 07:09 PM   #77
Impact Rookie
 
CRT3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Rockville
Age: 51
Posts: 795
Re: The perfect trade for Ramsey

Charles Rodgers from Detroit. Young great talent with some risk on the Skins part.
__________________
16-0 for 2007
CRT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 07:31 PM   #78
Camp Scrub
 
skinsfan1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 14
Re: The perfect trade for Ramsey

I think we should package Ramsey and Betts in a deal for the Jets 2nd round pick. Although I like Betts as a runner, we have Rock and Nemo, and we also have Manuel White who I am sure will return strong from his fractured fibula, and Al Saunders will probably convert him back to a fullback who carries the ball, rather than a H-Back. We will have two number 2 picks, and with Ramsey and Betts both in the last years of their contracts, and with long term options supposedly set at both positions Campbell/Portis, we should be good to draft a receiver and defensive end who can contribute right away; positions we desparately need to take care of. I think it would be a good trade for both teams, since the Jets would get a young quaterback and young running back that have displayed talent, although somewhat inconsistently. Chad Pennington may never be full strength, and Curtis Martin (age) and Derrick Blaylock (backup at best) are not the answer in New York.

Last edited by skinsfan1982; 01-20-2006 at 07:35 PM. Reason: jets
skinsfan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 08:06 PM   #79
The Starter
 
GoSkins!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yorktown, Va
Age: 45
Posts: 1,587
Re: The perfect trade for Ramsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan1982
I think we should package Ramsey and Betts in a deal for the Jets 2nd round pick. Although I like Betts as a runner, we have Rock and Nemo, and we also have Manuel White who I am sure will return strong from his fractured fibula, and Al Saunders will probably convert him back to a fullback who carries the ball, rather than a H-Back. We will have two number 2 picks, and with Ramsey and Betts both in the last years of their contracts, and with long term options supposedly set at both positions Campbell/Portis, we should be good to draft a receiver and defensive end who can contribute right away; positions we desparately need to take care of. I think it would be a good trade for both teams, since the Jets would get a young quaterback and young running back that have displayed talent, although somewhat inconsistently. Chad Pennington may never be full strength, and Curtis Martin (age) and Derrick Blaylock (backup at best) are not the answer in New York.
That may be a very good option!
__________________
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts. A. Einstien
GoSkins! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 08:16 PM   #80
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: The perfect trade for Ramsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10
You also seem to glance over turnovers as if they're not of any importance when evaluating a QB. But in fact turnovers are the biggest reason any team wins or loses any given game. Brunell's 23 TDs to 10 INTs this year speaks for itself. The QB rating may have been 85.9 this year, just as Ramsey's was last year. But Brunell's QB rating was depressed by the number of times he chose to throw the ball away in tough situations rather than force passes.
um, its 23 TDs to 10 ints AND 11 fumbles... just so we're not ignoring an important stat.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 08:20 PM   #81
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: The perfect trade for Ramsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRT3
Charles Rodgers from Detroit. Young great talent with some risk on the Skins part.
with a drug problem, massive injury problems and a great attitude of half assing it in practice and in games.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 08:49 PM   #82
Special Teams
 
bertoskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: philippines
Age: 40
Posts: 184
Re: The perfect trade for Ramsey

no way detroit will deal with ramsey, since they have a high draft pick they will used it for a top prospective qb, like cutler

so best way is for jets and miami
bertoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 11:06 AM   #83
Special Teams
 
56FAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: MANASSAS VA
Age: 52
Posts: 323
Re: The perfect trade for Ramsey

Ramsey for roy williams.too sweet.
56FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 11:13 AM   #84
The Starter
 
GoSkins!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yorktown, Va
Age: 45
Posts: 1,587
Re: The perfect trade for Ramsey

Ramsey for some guy we all think will be to small and injury prone and will never make it as a first or second receiver.

Wait a minute... that was Coles....



You can bet that there is someone on the radar and it may not be who we think.

We should research who had stats like Moss had before he joined the Skins. A guy can get open, hold on to the ball, and whos stats show he could be a big time receiver if he had more touches.
__________________
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts. A. Einstien
GoSkins! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 02:59 PM   #85
The Starter
 
GoSkins!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yorktown, Va
Age: 45
Posts: 1,587
Re: The perfect trade for Ramsey

Why shouldn't we expect at least a second round pick for Ramsey? While I agree with the switch to Brunnel, I don't think it was because Ramsey could not win games, I think it was because he didn't fit the Gibbs style offense and wasn't mobile enough. The guy is valuable and can start for a number of teams in the NFL (Miami, New Orleans, Jets...). I would bet that if Mike Martz landed a job and needed a QB with a rifle he might be interested.
__________________
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts. A. Einstien
GoSkins! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 03:29 PM   #86
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,524
Re: The perfect trade for Ramsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSkins!
Why shouldn't we expect at least a second round pick for Ramsey? While I agree with the switch to Brunnel, I don't think it was because Ramsey could not win games, I think it was because he didn't fit the Gibbs style offense and wasn't mobile enough. The guy is valuable and can start for a number of teams in the NFL (Miami, New Orleans, Jets...). I would bet that if Mike Martz landed a job and needed a QB with a rifle he might be interested.
I gotta disagree with you. Gibbs' offense doesn't thrive off of a quarterback that runs. Look at our past Super Bowl Quarterbacks: Theismann, Williams, and Rypien. None of those guys were scrambling quarterbacks. They were all pocket passers. I wouldn't expect to see a second rounder for Ramsey because no matter the reason, he hasn't proven anything yet.
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 09:23 PM   #87
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,517
Re: The perfect trade for Ramsey

moulds is on the older side.i like to see the skins take a chance on mike williams of the lions,but dont know if that trade for ramsey could work.good hands and could be a possesion receiver in this league
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 10:34 PM   #88
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: The perfect trade for Ramsey

mike williams is terriblly slow, i'm actually kinda glad we skipped him. We still could have gotten a legit CB lower (Darrent williams, DF) and taken merriman :P but hindsight is 20/20
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 11:43 PM   #89
Impact Rookie
 
CRT3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Rockville
Age: 51
Posts: 795
Re: The perfect trade for Ramsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy
I gotta disagree with you. Gibbs' offense doesn't thrive off of a quarterback that runs. Look at our past Super Bowl Quarterbacks: Theismann, Williams, and Rypien. None of those guys were scrambling quarterbacks. .
Yo dude, Thiesman was not a pocket passer. He was a running QB, who thrived on the foll out pass. This was a staple of our offense. Gibbs does not pick his players based on his system rather he molds his system based on his players. They pick the athlete first then work around his skills.
__________________
16-0 for 2007
CRT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 01:52 AM   #90
Impact Rookie
 
Redskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: University of South Carolina
Age: 25
Posts: 577
Re: The perfect trade for Ramsey

So if we get rid of Ramsey (who i dont mind) when the old man brunnell breaks his hip we have soup boy (cambell), whos never played an NFL game before come and try to pick up the pieces that will be scattered all over the floor and we will have a devisating losing season
Redskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28551 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25