Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Early Superbowl Line

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2006, 11:45 PM   #1
Impact Rookie
 
redrock-skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Seattle
Posts: 783
Early Superbowl Line

Steelers -4

I expected Seattle to be favored, but can see why the line would be like this.

Tough decision on where to place my money.
redrock-skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-22-2006, 11:57 PM   #2
Mr. Brightside
 
Big C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Age: 28
Posts: 4,442
Re: Early Superbowl Line

steelers
__________________
"I don't care what nobody say I'm a be me, stay hood stay real, cause I'm out here grindin'" -Joe Gibbs
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 12:24 AM   #3
^21^
 
Luxorreb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Age: 42
Posts: 1,611
Re: Early Superbowl Line

Steelers should roll.
__________________
GO SKINS!!! ^21^
Luxorreb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 12:24 AM   #4
Thank You, Sean.
 
Gmanc711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Age: 28
Posts: 7,505
Re: Early Superbowl Line

I'd put my money on the steelers. But I understand why they are favored, they want people to jump on Seattle.
__________________
#21
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 12:34 AM   #5
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,978
Re: Early Superbowl Line

Guys...Seattle.
Pittyburg and Cowturd never get the job done. Holgren has been there and won. Seattle's defense is silly right now. Seattle's offense is silly right now. Watching Seattle right now is like watching the Colts this past season when they were in stride. I think right now they are unbeatable.
I think Seattle outright wins this game so give me the points baby!
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 01:13 AM   #6
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,048
Re: Early Superbowl Line

I'm surprised that Seattle is favored. Pittsburgh SHOULD be able to run Seattle over. They are a much more physical ballclub. However, Hasselback has looked awfully tough to me these past two weeks. I think he avoids Plummer's mistakes and eeks out a victory. ( I reserve the right to change my mind several times over the next few weeks)
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 01:36 AM   #7
Impact Rookie
 
redrock-skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Seattle
Posts: 783
Re: Early Superbowl Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Chip
I'm surprised that Seattle is favored. Pittsburgh SHOULD be able to run Seattle over. They are a much more physical ballclub. However, Hasselback has looked awfully tough to me these past two weeks. I think he avoids Plummer's mistakes and eeks out a victory. ( I reserve the right to change my mind several times over the next few weeks)
Pitt is favored by 4.
redrock-skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 01:39 AM   #8
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,048
Re: Early Superbowl Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrock-skins
Pitt is favored by 4.
So they are. My mistake. I'm the guy who can never remember what beats what in poker as well.
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:46 AM   #9
Playmaker
 
onlydarksets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: all up in your business
Posts: 2,693
Re: Early Superbowl Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG
Guys...Seattle.
Pittyburg and Cowturd never get the job done. Holgren has been there and won. Seattle's defense is silly right now. Seattle's offense is silly right now. Watching Seattle right now is like watching the Colts this past season when they were in stride. I think right now they are unbeatable.
I think Seattle outright wins this game so give me the points baby!
How exactly do you figure Cowher is a bigger choke artist than Holmgren? Don't forget that Holmgren lost a Superbowl, too. Other than winning it all in 1997, he has pretty much been atrocious in the postseason (see, e.g., his last seven seasons). Cowher has at least won a few postseason games recently.
onlydarksets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:53 AM   #10
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,978
Re: Early Superbowl Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlydarksets
How exactly do you figure Cowher is a bigger choke artist than Holmgren? Don't forget that Holmgren lost a Superbowl, too. Other than winning it all in 1997, he has pretty much been atrocious in the postseason (see, e.g., his last seven seasons). Cowher has at least won a few postseason games recently.
Cowher is a classic get you close coach. At least Holmgren has won a SB. Sure he has choked too but I think if you look at what Cowher has done he has shown an amazing ability to bite it at the worst times.

Outside of that I still think Seattle is a better team. They beat us and I think our D is overall better than Pittsburg's(although they are no slouch at all). I do think Pittsburg is clearly better offensively than either Carolina or the Skins but I still see Seattle being able to move the ball. I think Seattle puts up 28 in this game and I don't see Pittsburg scoring as much on Seattle's suddenly lock down defense.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 11:36 AM   #11
Playmaker
 
onlydarksets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: all up in your business
Posts: 2,693
Re: Early Superbowl Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG
Cowher is a classic get you close coach. At least Holmgren has won a SB. Sure he has choked too but I think if you look at what Cowher has done he has shown an amazing ability to bite it at the worst times.
I understand that - I certainly wouldn't put him in the Gibbs/Tuna/Belicheck/Walsh tier of coaches because he hasn't won the big one. I was trying to make the more general point that Holmgren doesn't belong in that category either, and is much closer to a Cowher (can't bring it home) than to one of those top tier coaches I mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG
Outside of that I still think Seattle is a better team. They beat us and I think our D is overall better than Pittsburg's(although they are no slouch at all). I do think Pittsburg is clearly better offensively than either Carolina or the Skins but I still see Seattle being able to move the ball. I think Seattle puts up 28 in this game and I don't see Pittsburg scoring as much on Seattle's suddenly lock down defense.
Good points, but I think Pittsburgh's D is capable of simply shutting down top flight offenses. Pitt's offense has shown they can put up points. I think it's going to go the other way, IMHO!
onlydarksets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 12:02 PM   #12
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,685
Re: Early Superbowl Line

The biggest difference for Cowher this time is his QB. Now he has a franchise QB compared to the past when he was trying to make due with Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox & Neil O'Donnell.

I think Seattle is a colts-like team (aka soft). They think they are physical but when they play a really physical team that knocks Alexander & Hasselbeck around a little, the Gulls offense will grind to a halt. Also the Steelers will have their top RBs so they wont be 1-dimensional like Carolina was yesterday.

I'll take the steelers.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 01:37 PM   #13
The Starter
 
Warpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Potomac Falls, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 1,762
Re: Early Superbowl Line

"We want the ball and We're gonna score!" in a queerish voice Hasselbeck exclaimed in the playoff game against Green Bay.

I'll take the Steelers.
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 01:42 PM   #14
Playmaker
 
onlydarksets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: all up in your business
Posts: 2,693
Re: Early Superbowl Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpath
"We want the ball and We're gonna score!" in a queerish voice Hasselbeck exclaimed in the playoff game against Green Bay.

I'll take the Steelers.
haha - probably the best argument yet!
onlydarksets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:54 PM   #15
Impact Rookie
 
redrock-skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Seattle
Posts: 783
Re: Early Superbowl Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpath
"We want the ball and We're gonna score!" in a queerish voice Hasselbeck exclaimed in the playoff game against Green Bay.

I'll take the Steelers.
I used that line against my friend here in Seattle and it didn't work. Take the points and Seattle.
redrock-skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27008 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25