Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Musgrave Moving On?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2006, 04:35 PM   #31
Impact Rookie
 
memphisskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Nashville, TN
Age: 43
Posts: 960
Re: Musgrave Moving On?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan
What happened in the playoffs? Yes, the offense was horrible.

But on the other hand there were 24 other teams that wish they had that option this year.
Huh? My point is that while Musgrave did help Brunell improve, and while the offensive did enjoy a statistical renaissance during the regular season all that went out the window in the playoffs. We returned to tight formations and Brunell started spraying the ball again.

And Matty, there's nothing wrong with Brunell's numbers last year. But where was that guy in the post season?
memphisskin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-24-2006, 04:37 PM   #32
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 33
Posts: 17,644
Re: Musgrave Moving On?

I'd just love for Brunell to stay healthy all season OR if he DOES get hurt to have the balls to say that he's hurting the team and step down.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:45 PM   #33
Propane and propane accessories
 
JWsleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Age: 45
Posts: 4,618
Re: Musgrave Moving On?

It's definetely done: even the Post has it!

Musgrave Leaving Redskins for Falcons

Wonder if Saunders will bring someone in--or maybe Gibbs himself will do it?
__________________
Hail from Houston!
JWsleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:46 PM   #34
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,666
Re: Musgrave Moving On?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven
They may have. The shotgun basically gives the defense a major clue as to what play is about to be run, and according to what I've read over the past few days, that's something that Saunders deliberately avoids.

Now I wished I'd payed more attention to KC games this year.

KC did use the Shotgun formation ( I remember watching KC play a few times this year other than the Redskins game,) but it wasn't an automatic assumption everytime KC got into a 3rd and long situation. I like the idea of using it sparingly. I believe making it an automatic thing on long yardage downs tends to make it easier to stop.
__________________
"Fire Up That Diesel!"
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:47 PM   #35
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,854
Re: Musgrave Moving On?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
Raise your hand if you'd like to see one, JUST ONE, thread that doesn't turn into yet another Ramsey vs. Brunell debate
Consider my hand raised.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:49 PM   #36
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,666
Re: Musgrave Moving On?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWsleep
It's definetely done: even the Post has it!

Musgrave Leaving Redskins for Falcons

Wonder if Saunders will bring someone in--or maybe Gibbs himself will do it?
This will be interesting. Now that Saunders has control over the offense, Gibbs and Burns would have the opportunity to take over coaching the quarterbacks.
__________________
"Fire Up That Diesel!"
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:50 PM   #37
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 33
Posts: 17,644
Re: Musgrave Moving On?

__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:51 PM   #38
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,975
Re: Musgrave Moving On?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy
This will be interesting. Now that Saunders has control over the offense, Gibbs and Burns would have the opportunity to take over coaching the quarterbacks.
Excellent...sorry, I see the name Burns and I just have to say it
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 05:02 PM   #39
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,476
Re: Musgrave Moving On?

Joe knows QB's
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 05:07 PM   #40
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,048
Re: Musgrave Moving On?

Well, there's one less chef in the kitchen now. I always had the feeling that Musgrave was more or less just passing through. If you look at his resume, he has rarely stayed in one place very long. As far as I can tell his longest stint was two years at UVA. I also notice in the Press Guide that he coached with Buges in 1997 at Oakland. I did not know that.

I don't expect any more departures from the Offensive staff. Anyone disagree?

I also like the idea of bringing in Monty Burns...

"One hiawatha, two hiawatha... Smithers! No more doughnuts for Arrington! Yeeeesh!"
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 05:13 PM   #41
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 33
Posts: 17,644
Re: Musgrave Moving On?

I would agree with that. It wasn't as though he was an extremely vital cog in the offense. He came and did what he had to do.

__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 05:15 PM   #42
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,561
Re: Musgrave Moving On?

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphisskin
Huh? My point is that while Musgrave did help Brunell improve, and while the offensive did enjoy a statistical renaissance during the regular season all that went out the window in the playoffs. We returned to tight formations and Brunell started spraying the ball again.

And Matty, there's nothing wrong with Brunell's numbers last year. But where was that guy in the post season?
Where were alot of guys??

Where was Portis, where was the running game, where was the offensive line?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 07:18 PM   #43
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,110
Re: Musgrave Moving On?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection
I'd just love for Brunell to stay healthy all season OR if he DOES get hurt to have the balls to say that he's hurting the team and step down.
seriously. One of the things i don't like, is when a player gets injured, it's really nice that he decides to stay in the game and try to do his best, but if you can't make a big impact, just rest it. We have capable backups. I love Portis, but i felt like if he wasn't making that big impact out there, give Betts some time and take a breather. Same with Mark Brunell. They are both awesome players, when healthy. We love that you still want to give your all for the team, but sometimes you just need to step down until you get healthy again.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 07:24 PM   #44
Registered User
 
offiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: sparta, new jersey [ northern jersey ]
Age: 50
Posts: 3,097
Re: Musgrave Moving On?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby
seriously. One of the things i don't like, is when a player gets injured, it's really nice that he decides to stay in the game and try to do his best, but if you can't make a big impact, just rest it. We have capable backups. I love Portis, but i felt like if he wasn't making that big impact out there, give Betts some time and take a breather. Same with Mark Brunell. They are both awesome players, when healthy. We love that you still want to give your all for the team, but sometimes you just need to step down until you get healthy again.

Agreed, the problem is some players wont come out regardless for whatever reason, it's up to the coach to deciede whether or not his play is hurting the team? Not continue to play him and then use his injury, or apparent injury as an excuse as to why he played so poorly after the fact.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 07:36 PM   #45
Playmaker
 
gibbsisgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 129 W 81st street
Age: 35
Posts: 3,503
Re: Musgrave Moving On?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
Where were alot of guys??

Where was Portis, where was the running game, where was the offensive line?
Very true matty, dont lay all the blame on ol' lefty
gibbsisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.40639 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25