Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Wayne "Won't Be a Redskin"

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2006, 10:11 PM   #31
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,246
Re: Wayne "Won't Be a Redskin"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeskins
do you favor drafting a TE or would you think it would be better to move cooley to a permanent TE ?
cooley already is a TE, regardless of what gibbs is calling him that day. However we run a LOT of two TE sets and royal is average at best and we have a chance to get a good upgrade that'd be cheap enough to keep around forever.

sellers is closer to the actual hback role where he serves as the blocking fullback and sometimes acts like a TE.

Its just that everyone seems so caught up on size, and TEs are generally taller than WRs and bigger targets/better blockers to boot, and we run lots of two TE, so why not go that route and really solidify an extra red zone target instead of getting a big slow WR who doen't really stand out just because he's big.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-04-2006, 10:15 PM   #32
Special Teams
 
Dana87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Saint Augustine, Florida
Age: 52
Posts: 130
Re: Wayne "Won't Be a Redskin"

Is it just me or is Bill Polian getting his little panties in a bunch. He didn't just say that they are going to make sure Reggie Wayne stays a Colt, he went out of his way to say that he won't be a Redskin. Sounds like some GM's might be getting a little nervous about the Redskins. Don't worry little Billy us Bad Ol Redkins will leave your Wayneeee alone. FOR NOW!!! But don't go and start feeling safe now, cuz we will get another WR and be back in the Super Bowl while you and your precious Colts watch.
__________________
"Home Field Advantage Throughout the '06 Playoffs"
Dana87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 10:34 PM   #33
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,635
Re: Wayne "Won't Be a Redskin"

Maybe he will be worrying when we meet in exactly one year

also EXACTLY 1 year from now 2/4/06 10:35 we will have just finished up our season with a win in the super bowl
__________________
"For there is nothing half so glorious
As to see our team victorious"



BSB
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 01:23 PM   #34
The Starter
 
wolfeskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: chesapeake,va.
Posts: 2,160
Re: Wayne "Won't Be a Redskin"

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
cooley already is a TE, regardless of what gibbs is calling him that day. However we run a LOT of two TE sets and royal is average at best and we have a chance to get a good upgrade that'd be cheap enough to keep around forever.

sellers is closer to the actual hback role where he serves as the blocking fullback and sometimes acts like a TE.

Its just that everyone seems so caught up on size, and TEs are generally taller than WRs and bigger targets/better blockers to boot, and we run lots of two TE, so why not go that route and really solidify an extra red zone target instead of getting a big slow WR who doen't really stand out just because he's big.


yea, i tend to agree with you. what i was trying to get at when i asked about drafting a TE or using cooley as a full time TE was now that saunders has control of the offense do you think cooley could be used the way gonzalas was used in KC ? and if so , do you think the skins would be wise to draft a TE with their 2nd or 3rd round picks.my thinking is if they try to use cooley like gonzalas then the skins need to focus on a different position (like wr or de)
i've heard alot of people mention TE as a possible top prioity for the skins but the cooley factor makes me question that.
i hope i explained my questioning a little bit better.
__________________
Hail to Allen/Shanahan .... bring in some baby hogs and load up on diesel fuel !!! (budw38)
wolfeskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 03:44 PM   #35
Playmaker
 
celts32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hackettstown NJ
Age: 42
Posts: 2,656
Re: Wayne "Won't Be a Redskin"

I can't believe the Colts are going to pay Wayne as a franchise wr. That means something like the average of the top 5 WR's. Wayne is a great #2, but is completely unproven as a #1 WR yet they are going to pay him like one of the top players in the league. You have no idea what kind of player he would be without Harrison on the other side. He is all yours Bill Polian...
__________________
Section 115 Row 23

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

http://victorybeer.com/
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:59 AM   #36
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Wayne "Won't Be a Redskin"

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32
I can't believe the Colts are going to pay Wayne as a franchise wr. That means something like the average of the top 5 WR's. Wayne is a great #2, but is completely unproven as a #1 WR yet they are going to pay him like one of the top players in the league. You have no idea what kind of player he would be without Harrison on the other side. He is all yours Bill Polian...
I believe he'll get around $7.7 mil. For that money, keep him.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:17 AM   #37
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,246
Re: Wayne "Won't Be a Redskin"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeskins
yea, i tend to agree with you. what i was trying to get at when i asked about drafting a TE or using cooley as a full time TE was now that saunders has control of the offense do you think cooley could be used the way gonzalas was used in KC ? and if so , do you think the skins would be wise to draft a TE with their 2nd or 3rd round picks.my thinking is if they try to use cooley like gonzalas then the skins need to focus on a different position (like wr or de)
i've heard alot of people mention TE as a possible top prioity for the skins but the cooley factor makes me question that.
i hope i explained my questioning a little bit better.
well, in the 3rd or 4th we could get tim day who's one of those rare blocking TEs that can also catch (better than royal, and slightly faster i believe). but if you have a 2 TE offense, than getting a better #2 TE woulddn't hurt and there's good 6'6" and 6'7" TEs this year. I'd agree if you're saying WR #2 is a bigger priority, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't also upgrade over royal if possible. I was also justs mentioning that if you really want a big WR, then get the 6'7" 260lb versions
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:34 AM   #38
The Starter
 
RedskinPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Camino,Ca
Posts: 1,174
Re: Wayne "Won't Be a Redskin"

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32
I can't believe the Colts are going to pay Wayne as a franchise wr. That means something like the average of the top 5 WR's. Wayne is a great #2, but is completely unproven as a #1 WR yet they are going to pay him like one of the top players in the league. You have no idea what kind of player he would be without Harrison on the other side. He is all yours Bill Polian...
If this is true James is goen!!! What do they do with the running games and the D is still light!
RedskinPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 03:16 PM   #39
Special Teams
 
amorentz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 34
Posts: 368
Re: Wayne "Won't Be a Redskin"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan
I believe he'll get around $7.7 mil. For that money, keep him.
The numbers were announced on Sunday:

Quarterbacks will carry a franchise tag of $8,789,000 and a transition tag of $8,327,000. Wide receivers will carry a franchise tag of $6,172,000 and a transition tag of $5,160,000. Offensive lineman will carry a franchise tag of $6,983,000 and a transition tag of $6,391,000. Running backs will carry a franchise tag of $6,085,000 and a transition tag of $5,153,000. Tight ends will carry a franchise tag of $3,327,000 and a transition tag of $2,718,000.

Defensive ends will carry a franchise tag of $8,332,000 and a transition tag of $7,075,000. Linebackers will carry a franchise tag of $7,169,000 and a transition tag of $6,144,000. Cornerbacks will carry a franchise tag of $5,893,000 and a transition tag of $4,744,000. Defensive tackles will carry a franchise tag of $5,656,000 and a transition tag of $4,463,000. Safeties will carry a franchise tag of $4,109,000 and a transition tag of $3,592,000.
amorentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 03:35 PM   #40
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Wayne "Won't Be a Redskin"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amorentz
The numbers were announced on Sunday:

Quarterbacks will carry a franchise tag of $8,789,000 and a transition tag of $8,327,000. Wide receivers will carry a franchise tag of $6,172,000 and a transition tag of $5,160,000. Offensive lineman will carry a franchise tag of $6,983,000 and a transition tag of $6,391,000. Running backs will carry a franchise tag of $6,085,000 and a transition tag of $5,153,000. Tight ends will carry a franchise tag of $3,327,000 and a transition tag of $2,718,000.

Defensive ends will carry a franchise tag of $8,332,000 and a transition tag of $7,075,000. Linebackers will carry a franchise tag of $7,169,000 and a transition tag of $6,144,000. Cornerbacks will carry a franchise tag of $5,893,000 and a transition tag of $4,744,000. Defensive tackles will carry a franchise tag of $5,656,000 and a transition tag of $4,463,000. Safeties will carry a franchise tag of $4,109,000 and a transition tag of $3,592,000.

The WP reported that figure at $7.76, I would imagine he could still fetch close to $7 mil even at that revised figure.

That number makes Santana look more and more like a steal!
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 05:17 PM   #41
The Starter
 
wolfeskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: chesapeake,va.
Posts: 2,160
Re: Wayne "Won't Be a Redskin"

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
well, in the 3rd or 4th we could get tim day who's one of those rare blocking TEs that can also catch (better than royal, and slightly faster i believe). but if you have a 2 TE offense, than getting a better #2 TE woulddn't hurt and there's good 6'6" and 6'7" TEs this year. I'd agree if you're saying WR #2 is a bigger priority, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't also upgrade over royal if possible. I was also justs mentioning that if you really want a big WR, then get the 6'7" 260lb versions



i agree with you about upgrading over royal. did saunders use a two TE set in kc all the time, most of the time, sometimes, not very much or none ?

i do think a #2 wr is a huge priority but i'm not sure if it needs to be a big wr.
__________________
Hail to Allen/Shanahan .... bring in some baby hogs and load up on diesel fuel !!! (budw38)
wolfeskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 03:09 AM   #42
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,246
Re: Wayne "Won't Be a Redskin"

lots of 2 TE, he ran max protects and such a lot with Gonzo and J Dunn (who was mainly a blocking TE).
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 07:10 AM   #43
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 8,983
Re: Wayne "Won't Be a Redskin"

It's kind of wierd that the Colts owner mentions in his statements to the press, "Wayne will not be a Redskin!". I wonder why he calls us by name, as I am sure many teams would be interested in him?
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Win! Always win!
By fair means or foul, by soft words and hard deeds...
by treachery, by cunning, by malpractice...
but always win--Edward Teach
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 07:50 AM   #44
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,246
Re: Wayne "Won't Be a Redskin"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1
It's kind of wierd that the Colts owner mentions in his statements to the press, "Wayne will not be a Redskin!". I wonder why he calls us by name, as I am sure many teams would be interested in him?
he's from the U and we've gotten into a bit of a habit of grabbing those players maybe portis was already calling wayne and telling him about how great it'd be for him to come here. I'm sure they talk... portis seems to talk to all those guys.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28872 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25