Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


NFL Says SB Properly Officiated!

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2006, 06:23 PM   #46
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,245
Re: NFL Says SB Properly Officiated!

if you think seattle outplayed pit thats insane.. they gave up a 3rd and 28... they couldn't stop dropping passes. guess what, dropped passes = not outplaying your opponent.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-09-2006, 06:29 PM   #47
The Starter
 
wolfeskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: chesapeake,va.
Posts: 2,160
Re: NFL Says SB Properly Officiated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
if you think seattle outplayed pit thats insane.. they gave up a 3rd and 28... they couldn't stop dropping passes. guess what, dropped passes = not outplaying your opponent.

i think overall, seattle played a better game then pitt. that 3rd and 28 was bad and yes those dropped passes by stevens was awful but pitt only made 3 plays in my opinoin of course, the obove mentioned play, the run by parker and the trick play. seattle moved the ball quite easily on pitt and seattles defense did a good job, outside of those 3 plays.
__________________
Hail to Allen/Shanahan .... bring in some baby hogs and load up on diesel fuel !!! (budw38)
wolfeskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:59 PM   #48
The Starter
 
wolfeskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: chesapeake,va.
Posts: 2,160
Re: NFL Says SB Properly Officiated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by offiss
It makes it awfully tough to convert on third down when the ref's are putting a team in 3rd and long, I also saw a questionable spot that forced Seattle to punt where the ref came up and had his foot on the yellow line and then spotted it behind his foot, I was waiting for a challenge on that play it looked like a bad spot.

It's not like Pitt wasen't doing the same things on third down, it's not like Pitt didn't drop passes, how about we make it a level playing field, let's give Pitt the same penalties on their big play's as seattle recieved and see how well they played once you take them away? let's say just 2 big play's, the 3rd and 28 conversion to the 1, and the TD to ward, just 2 play's and Seattle wins, even with all those ridiculous penalties.

The fact is there was no interference by the ref's when Pitt needed a big play, but it sure seemed like they were Johnny on the spot when Seattle was on the move.


i think you and i might be the only two on this site that actually watched and paid attention to the superbowl.
__________________
Hail to Allen/Shanahan .... bring in some baby hogs and load up on diesel fuel !!! (budw38)
wolfeskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 10:21 PM   #49
Playmaker
 
sportscurmudgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,159
Re: NFL Says SB Properly Officiated!

1. The game wasn't fixed by the NFL or the refs.

2. Seattle lost the game with their less than stellar play but the calls made against them did not hurt the Steelers in any way. And the preponderance of less-than-fully-obvious calls went against the Seahawks.


Now, with regard to the hideously self-serving statement by Greg Aiello, here is what I wrote in my rant for today in my Internet column. If I were ever to be on trial for something where jail time might be one of the outcomes of the affair, then I want Greg Aiello on my jury. I wonder whom he believes shot Lee Harvey Oswald.
__________________
The Sports Curmudgeon
www.sportscurmudgeon.com
But don't get me wrong, I love sports...
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:22 PM   #50
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,048
Re: NFL Says SB Properly Officiated!

I think Pittsburgh's offense was exposed a bit even though they won the game. I think they lose that game seven or eight times out of ten.

I also think the Redskins could learn from Holmgren's strategy of using three and five step drops to throw on first down. At times the Seahawks made it look easy against a very strong Pittsburgh defense. When Pitt can't get pressure, they struggle because they have an average secondary. The Redskins did a much better job against Seattle because they have one or two guys that can actually cover.
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 09:19 AM   #51
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: NFL Says SB Properly Officiated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Chip
I think Pittsburgh's offense was exposed a bit even though they won the game. I think they lose that game seven or eight times out of ten.

I also think the Redskins could learn from Holmgren's strategy of using three and five step drops to throw on first down. At times the Seahawks made it look easy against a very strong Pittsburgh defense. When Pitt can't get pressure, they struggle because they have an average secondary. The Redskins did a much better job against Seattle because they have one or two guys that can actually cover.
I don't know if Pitt's O was exposed I think it was alot of poor execution from both teams.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 09:23 AM   #52
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,463
Re: NFL Says SB Properly Officiated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeskins
i honestly do think seattle out played pitt. pitt. made 3 plays on offense the entire game. pitt's defense had trouble stopping seattle's offense without the help of those "questionable" penalties.

i'm not even going to comment on the penalties. i'm pretty sure you know how i feel about that. i will say this, those penalties decided the outcome of that game.

i don't think complaining about the refs is what losers do, if they have legitament complaints. which i feel they most certianly do. i seem to remember a lot of folks on this site complaining about the officiating during the first skins- dallas game of 2004 (pass interferrence) also the skins-bucs game of 2005 (alstott's td). that doesn't make those who complained losers because they had legitament complaints. but because it's seattle those same people don't care as much, they just say "oh well, seattle just didn't play good enough to win".
Saying that they only made 3 plays doesn't really support your point. That's what EVERY team does to win a game. When the Skins blew out Dallas, they made 5 plays to win. Outplayed or not, Pittsburgh won the game. Dallas outplayed the Redskins the first time around, but the Skins came up with BIG PLAYS with it counted. Do you think Dallas deserved to win that game?
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 01:47 PM   #53
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,463
Re: NFL Says SB Properly Officiated!

There was only one really bad call that stood out in my mind and that was Hasselbeck's "low block". The PI call WAS soft, BUT it was PI nonetheless and it was right in front of the ref. The holding call was most definitely holding. He wasn't offsides and the hold clearly prevented him from sacking Hasselbeck.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 02:21 PM   #54
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,425
Re: NFL Says SB Properly Officiated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection
There was only one really bad call that stood out in my mind and that was Hasselbeck's "low block". The PI call WAS soft, BUT it was PI nonetheless and it was right in front of the ref. The holding call was most definitely holding. He wasn't offsides and the hold clearly prevented him from sacking Hasselbeck.
I think this whole thing has really been blown out of proportion.

The refs aren't perfect, but they certainly didn't cost Seattle the game. To say that is glossing over the fact they simply did not play well enough to win.

The refs did however almost cost Pittsburgh the game against the Colts, but on that day you saw a team that was good enough to overcome difficult circumstances. Seattle simply wasn't the better team last week.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 02:27 PM   #55
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,425
Re: NFL Says SB Properly Officiated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeskins
i think you and i might be the only two on this site that actually watched and paid attention to the superbowl.
LOL what game were you guys watching exactly??

Seems like you two are the only ones in the country convinced Seattle outplayed Pittsburgh.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 02:31 PM   #56
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,425
Re: NFL Says SB Properly Officiated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeskins
my reasoning for not focusing on the 3rd down % is because i don't feel it had anything or at least, very little to do with the out come of the game.
You can't tell me converting on just five 3rd downs has very little to do with the outcome of the game. Those are stalled drives, lost opportunities, and most importantly lost scoring chances.

Steven's 4 drops, Hasselbeck's INT and 2 missed FG's were far more damaging in the overall outcome than the refs in my opinion.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 02:55 PM   #57
Fight for old DC!
 
Redskins_P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Falls Church, VA
Age: 36
Posts: 4,085
Re: NFL Says SB Properly Officiated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
LOL what game were you guys watching exactly??

Seems like you two are the only ones in the country convinced Seattle outplayed Pittsburgh.

Maybe we can do a poll? Who outplayed who in the SB.
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 02:58 PM   #58
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,482
Re: NFL Says SB Properly Officiated!

This is getting more attention than the famous Mark Brunell vs. Patrick Ramsey debate.
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 03:10 PM   #59
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: NFL Says SB Properly Officiated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins_P
Maybe we can do a poll? Who outplayed who in the SB.
I thought we should a Ramsey v/s brunell poll.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 03:13 PM   #60
Fight for old DC!
 
Redskins_P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Falls Church, VA
Age: 36
Posts: 4,085
Re: NFL Says SB Properly Officiated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown
I thought we should a Ramsey v/s brunell poll.
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.48258 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25