Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Sports Business: ESPN trades Al Michaels to NBC

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2006, 04:02 PM   #1
Playmaker
 
BrudLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rehoboth Beach, DE
Posts: 3,494
Sports Business: ESPN trades Al Michaels to NBC

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2324417

It seems like NBC is getting screwed here. Al Michaels basically made the decision to leave, and ESPN got quite a bit for him.

I especially like this one:
Monday Night Football promotions during the NBC Sunday night through 2011.
__________________
There's nowhere to go but up. Or down. I guess we could stay where we are, too.
BrudLee is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-09-2006, 04:05 PM   #2
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,463
Re: Sports Business: ESPN trades Al Michaels to NBC

Did they at least get a 2nd or 3rd rounder?
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 04:33 PM   #3
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: Sports Business: ESPN trades Al Michaels to NBC

Wow, is this a "cross" deal or is ESPN getting all the benefits? I wonder if ESPN will advertise the next Sunday Nights Football opponents during it's MNF telecast and when Olympic events will be telecast on NBC during Sports Center?

They really wanted Al eh?
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 04:36 PM   #4
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,585
Re: Sports Business: ESPN trades Al Michaels to NBC

I remember reading a while back that ESPN would not be allowed to show any NFL highlights between like 7pm and Midnight on Sundays per the NFL's agreement with NBC. I wonder if a compromise has been reached here as well.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 04:41 PM   #5
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,427
Re: Sports Business: ESPN trades Al Michaels to NBC

Nbc Gots Strate Up Pwned Yo
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 04:49 PM   #6
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Sports Business: ESPN trades Al Michaels to NBC

So does that mean that Oswald is going to do Monday night games?
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:45 PM   #7
Playmaker
 
gibbsisgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 129 W 81st street
Age: 35
Posts: 3,503
Re: Sports Business: ESPN trades Al Michaels to NBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
I remember reading a while back that ESPN would not be allowed to show any NFL highlights between like 7pm and Midnight on Sundays per the NFL's agreement with NBC. I wonder if a compromise has been reached here as well.
I heard something like that on NFL Primetime this year. they said on the last show that this is the last time we would see the show in its normal timeslot.
gibbsisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 09:45 AM   #8
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,585
Re: Sports Business: ESPN trades Al Michaels to NBC

On a somewhat related note. Apparently, Steve Young isn't returning to ESPN's pre-game show next year. And Lincoln Kennedy is getting the boot from NFL Network
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:47 AM   #9
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Sports Business: ESPN trades Al Michaels to NBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
On a somewhat related note. Apparently, Steve Young isn't returning to ESPN's pre-game show next year. And Lincoln Kennedy is getting the boot from NFL Network
I wouldn't be suprised to Jerome Bettis starting to get some work with one of these networks soon - possibly NFL Network.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:53 AM   #10
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,427
Re: Sports Business: ESPN trades Al Michaels to NBC

Kennedy was a bore anyway.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 12:05 PM   #11
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Sports Business: ESPN trades Al Michaels to NBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
Kennedy was a bore anyway.
and he wears ugly shoes....
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 12:11 PM   #12
Playmaker
 
BrudLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rehoboth Beach, DE
Posts: 3,494
Re: Sports Business: ESPN trades Al Michaels to NBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
Kennedy was a bore anyway.
and he wears ugly shoes...
And his secretary was named Lincoln... and Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy!!
__________________
There's nowhere to go but up. Or down. I guess we could stay where we are, too.
BrudLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 02:42 PM   #13
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,585
Re: Sports Business: ESPN trades Al Michaels to NBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsisgod
I heard something like that on NFL Primetime this year. they said on the last show that this is the last time we would see the show in its normal timeslot.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9140954

"The same new contracts that move Monday Night Football to ESPN next season also move the Sunday evening package from ESPN to NBC. The peacock network gets an exclusive on highlight shows from the end of the doubleheader game Sunday afternoon until midnight Sunday. So Primetime might still run at 12:01 a.m. Monday, or prior to the new ESPN Monday night telecast. But its status as the go-to show every Sunday of the NFL season is now concluded. Even if Primetime is still around on Monday next fall, it will no longer possess the immediacy of the old show."
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 12:37 AM   #14
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,048
Re: Sports Business: ESPN trades Al Michaels to NBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9140954

"The same new contracts that move Monday Night Football to ESPN next season also move the Sunday evening package from ESPN to NBC. The peacock network gets an exclusive on highlight shows from the end of the doubleheader game Sunday afternoon until midnight Sunday. So Primetime might still run at 12:01 a.m. Monday, or prior to the new ESPN Monday night telecast. But its status as the go-to show every Sunday of the NFL season is now concluded. Even if Primetime is still around on Monday next fall, it will no longer possess the immediacy of the old show."
Truly the end of an era. The Sunday night game becomes the sweetest plum AND they get their own version of primetime.
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26403 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25