Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Lavar has been misused...

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2006, 11:04 PM   #76
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,540
Re: Lavar has been missused...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea
When did this team give up a bunch of big plays? The consecutive weeks where we played Denver and KC. Guess who was outta the lineup then. LaVar Arrington. I think this D is better with him on the field.
Actually the player we missed the most was Griffin.

When he was out of the lineup the D gave up big plays left and right, once he returned things settled down.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-22-2006, 12:08 AM   #77
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,365
Re: Lavar has been missused...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanz301
TOTALLY RGHT!....................I AGREE WITH U 100% I DONT KNOW WHERE PEOPLE ARE GETTING HES NOT A GOOD LINEBACKER OR AN AVERAGE LINEBACKER....!?!?!?!?!?!?!? OR HE LOST HIS SPEED.........WTF ARE U TALKIN AB......HE IS A GREAT INEBACKER AND I THINK STILL ONE OF THE BEST WHEN IN 100% FORM...........THE TWO PLAYS STUCK IN MY MIND IS THE PLAY HE MADE ON THE GOAL LINE TO THE RAIDERS WHERE HE GOT IN THE BACKFIELD AND BLEW UP THE RUNNING BACK, AND WHEN HE CHASED ALEX SMITH ACCROSS THE FIELD AND MADE A BIG HIT ON HIM.......OR EVEN THE TROY AIKMAN PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Listen to all that yellin', he's so not gellin'.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 12:27 AM   #78
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,048
Re: Lavar has been missused...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10
Listen to all that yellin', he's so not gellin'.
I hope Sean Taylor don't end up a felon...
Lavar's knee showed signs bit then started swellin'...
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 07:56 AM   #79
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,519
Re: Lavar has been missused...

jordanz head is as big as a melon,and if he doesnt stop the yellin,im pm matty and tellin
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 08:15 AM   #80
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,283
Re: Lavar has been missused...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
Actually the player we missed the most was Griffin.

When he was out of the lineup the D gave up big plays left and right, once he returned things settled down.
seriously. he has to be the most boring athlete ever put in front of a camera, but he's been the D's MVP 2 years running. A 6-8 sack a year DT isn't that common (and that's through double teams while also stopping the run dead in its tracks... while walking 15 miles to school, uphill both ways).
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 09:24 AM   #81
Special Teams
 
jermus22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Age: 32
Posts: 334
Re: Lavar has been missused...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81toHOF
are you kidding me? have you ever seen lavar get in a three point stance and do anything productive? the dude is not a pass rusher. he seemed to shy away from contact when williams would send him on blitzes this year. he's lost his explosiveness/mojo (self admission) and will be a june cut. for all his drama and expense, what has lavar arrington produced for us? i can think of two plays...the int for td against carolina long, long ago and the KO shot (in a losing cause) on aikman. many of his pro bowl/beauty pageant trips were un-earned. the one season under marvin lewis was perhaps his only legit trip to the 50th. it's time for 56 to go away. if we cut him, watch the market. the market will show you what other teams think of this dude. he's a hype machine and danny's made him a millionaire.
Welcome to the warpath 81toHOF. Good to have another fan on board. In regard to your comments about Arrington only making two plays over his career, turns out he has made more impact plays for us than you might think. For example, remember that game against the Rams when he sacked Kurt Warner and stripped the ball near the goal line in the closing minutes. We wouldn't have won if it weren't for that. And what about that interception against the Bucs in this past playoff game? Don't get me wrong, I'm not completely advocating that we keep the man, but give him credit for playing well in previous years. The man gave our defense an attitude and ferocity back when the 'skins were a struggling team.
__________________
Win it in the trenches.
jermus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 12:38 PM   #82
Special Teams
 
Skins_4_Lyfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upper Marlboro, MD/Greensboro, NC
Age: 27
Posts: 482
Re: Lavar has been missused...

For all the Lavar Bashers...I'm not sure where all the negativity towards Lavar is coming from but it is not deserved. This guy has been the face of our franchise since he came on board and is guilty of nothing but wanting to win. Who cares if he's overpaid, I ain't mad at him for that. It's not our place as fans to hold a grudge against him for that matter...let the front office handle it. By mid season next year I would like to see what everyone has to say when Lavar is starting and the skins are winning. Yeah I said it "starting"...It's funny to here some of the comments in this thread about Chris Clemons (a guy who has done absolutely nothing for this franchise) being capable of replacing Lavar. Lavar is a rare talent and he can't be replaced...where else can you find a player that actually loves his team and wants to remain there his entire career. He'll get everything worked out and have the pads on next year; then I would like to see what everyone has to say about wanting Lavar out and saying he's "washed up"; its BS. I got the funny feeling that Lavar will leave this game similar to the way that Bradshaw did...never wanting to return to D.C. because all of the spoiled fans who donít appreciate a guy who lays it all on the line for their city. You guys are falling into the medias trap, believing that Lavar is this selfish player who only cares about money. While everyone is focusing on how much money he makes, they seem to be overlooking his production late in the season and in the playoffs; he may never be 100% again but 50% of Lavar will always be better that 100% of Clemons.
__________________

Skins_4_Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 12:47 PM   #83
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,540
Re: Lavar has been missused...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins_4_Lyfe
For all the Lavar Bashers...I'm not sure where all the negativity towards Lavar is coming from but it is not deserved. This guy has been the face of our franchise since he came on board and is guilty of nothing but wanting to win. Who cares if he's overpaid, I ain't mad at him for that. It's not our place as fans to hold a grudge against him for that matter...let the front office handle it. By mid season next year I would like to see what everyone has to say when Lavar is starting and the skins are winning. Yeah I said it "starting"...It's funny to here some of the comments in this thread about Chris Clemons (a guy who has done absolutely nothing for this franchise) being capable of replacing Lavar. Lavar is a rare talent and he can't be replaced...where else can you find a player that actually loves his team and wants to remain there his entire career. He'll get everything worked out and have the pads on next year; then I would like to see what everyone has to say about wanting Lavar out and saying he's "washed up". I got the funny feeling that Lavar will leave this game similar to the way that Bradshaw did...never wanting to return to D.C. because all of the spoiled fans who donít appreciate a guy who lays it all on the line for their city.
Who is bashing him??

We're simply stating the facts, his cap number is a burden, Gregg Williams has had plenty of success with him NOT in the lineup, so where's the bashing??

As I've said before, there are a select few who may hate on him unfairly, but for the most part people just don't feel he's worth his cap number, simple as that.

People need to take the emotions out of the equation and look at this situation as a pure business decision, because I guarantee you that's how the Redskins are looking at it.

I'm a huge LaVar fan and I'd love to see him stay with the Redskins, but the writing is on the wall, it appears as if his time here is winding down. That's life. His relationship with the team and with some fans has become strained, it might be best for both sides to start fresh.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 01:02 PM   #84
Special Teams
 
Skins_4_Lyfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upper Marlboro, MD/Greensboro, NC
Age: 27
Posts: 482
Re: Lavar has been missused...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
Who is bashing him??

We're simply stating the facts, his cap number is a burden, Gregg Williams has had plenty of success with him NOT in the lineup, so where's the bashing??

As I've said before, there are a select few who may hate on him unfairly, but for the most part people just don't feel he's worth his cap number, simple as that.

People need to take the emotions out of the equation and look at this situation as a pure business decision, because I guarantee you that's how the Redskins are looking at it.

I'm a huge LaVar fan and I'd love to see him stay with the Redskins, but the writing is on the wall, it appears as if his time here is winding down. That's life. His relationship with the team and with some fans has become strained, it might be best for both sides to start fresh.
Who cares about what he makes...he must of done something right to recieve the contract in the first place. As I stated before...it's not our place as fans to worry about what a player makes and rather he deserves it or not. If he is "overpaid", consider it compensation for all the BS that everyone has been putting him through.
__________________

Skins_4_Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 01:10 PM   #85
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,540
Re: Lavar has been missused...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins_4_Lyfe
Who cares about what he makes...he must of done something right to recieve the contract in the first place. As I stated before...it's not our place as fans to worry about what a player makes and rather he deserves it or not. If he is "overpaid", consider it compensation for all the BS that everyone has been putting him through.
Who cares what he makes?

You really must be kidding.

In case you haven't noticed the Skins have some cap issues that need resolving, and a LB who has a monster contract and has had injury concerns the last 2 years most certainly is a key issue at hand.

As for the "BS everyone is putting him through", please spare me from the poor, poor LaVar take. The guy has brought alot of this crap on himself.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 01:26 PM   #86
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Lavar has been missused...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25
jordanz head is as big as a melon,and if he doesnt stop the yellin,im pm matty and tellin
If Lavar wasn't talkin so much things wouldn't be smellin'
Instead he kept blabbing off so the Post could keep sellin'
Hope the Skins keep him, though, so Qbs he'll be nailin'
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 01:35 PM   #87
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,365
Re: Lavar has been missused...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins_4_Lyfe
Who cares about what he makes...he must of done something right to recieve the contract in the first place. As I stated before...it's not our place as fans to worry about what a player makes and rather he deserves it or not. If he is "overpaid", consider it compensation for all the BS that everyone has been putting him through.
Oh man. Do you even know what the salary cap is?
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 01:48 PM   #88
Special Teams
 
Cooley 350Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 209
Re: Lavar has been missused...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins_4_Lyfe
Who cares about what he makes...he must of done something right to recieve the contract in the first place. As I stated before...it's not our place as fans to worry about what a player makes and rather he deserves it or not. If he is "overpaid", consider it compensation for all the BS that everyone has been putting him through.
This is just a silly statement. Let's expand on this. Who cares what any player makes? Umm, the Eagles & Terrell Owens, the Jets & Chad Pennington, Fred Smoot, Shaun Alexander, Antwan Randle El, players' agents, cap analysts & a little mom -n-pop business known as the National Football League.
__________________
<PeterGriffinVoice> Lotta Honky's In Here... </PeterGriffinVoice>
Cooley 350Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 01:49 PM   #89
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,972
Re: Lavar has been missused...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10
Oh man. Do you even know what the salary cap is?
of course he does...duh!



goes great with the salary khakis, the salary collared shirt and the salary shades
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 02:09 PM   #90
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,365
Re: Lavar has been missused...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
of course he does...duh!



goes great with the salary khakis, the salary collared shirt and the salary shades
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31669 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25