Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Does Ramsey Have Some Trade Control?

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2006, 11:20 PM   #31
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Does Ramsey Have Some Trade Control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddle
The guys with the big reps are high risk because of injuries. Rivers hasn't played a down yet in the NFL, has he? Schuab and Volek haven't shown much.

I have a hunch that Ramsey will draw strong interest but that might simply be because I'm still high on him.

volek has shown a lot more than ramsey. 26/13 TD/int vs 34/29, 60.3% completion vs 55.7%...
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline  

Advertisements
Old 02-24-2006, 11:25 PM   #32
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Does Ramsey Have Some Trade Control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddle
Well, guess what? Joe Gibbs obviously doesn't think much of Ramsey. How much value do you think he expects to get for him? How hard will it be to make an acceptable trade?
well it kinda nukes the ramsey has control of his trade arguement, since he has to play for his future contract and any team he wants to go to has to offer value equal to what the club he doesn't want to go to offers.

Right now there's no way he'll want a long term contract since it'd be worth pennies. Theonly thing he could possibly ask for is a chance to start this season... and i doubt most teams are going to make offers that don't need a tarting QB (even if only as a stopgap). If he likes his destination, it'll only be coincidental.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline  
Old 02-24-2006, 11:28 PM   #33
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,028
Re: Does Ramsey Have Some Trade Control?

yeah i remember in 2004 when mcnair was injured, volek stepped in and was awesome with drew bennett. I'd love to have him as a backup qb. this year bennett didn't do anything with mcnair at qb.
mooby is offline  
Old 02-24-2006, 11:36 PM   #34
The Starter
 
steveo395's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,674
Re: Does Ramsey Have Some Trade Control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby
yeah i remember in 2004 when mcnair was injured, volek stepped in and was awesome with drew bennett. I'd love to have him as a backup qb. this year bennett didn't do anything with mcnair at qb.
he also didnt have mason on the other side this year
steveo395 is offline  
Old 02-24-2006, 11:40 PM   #35
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,810
Re: Does Ramsey Have Some Trade Control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal
Drew Brees, Daunte Culpepper are both big options.
Ramsey, Schuab (if ATL deals him), Rivers (possible if no one bites on Brees), Pennington (I'd never take him, but someone will), Volek (if TN is willing to deal, which if Young is #1 on their list, they probably will). All these guys could pull more interest than Ramsey.
A couple of other guys who could be on the market that have shown more than Ramsey are Griese and Kerry Collins. I think That Guy put it best, if Ramsey goes to a team he likes it will be coincidental. I'm sure the Redskins will take into consideration where he'd like to be traded to, but in the end they have to do what's best for the Washington Redskins, not Patrick Ramsey.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 02-24-2006, 11:41 PM   #36
Special Teams
 
Huddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 352
Re: Does Ramsey Have Some Trade Control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
volek has shown a lot more than ramsey. 26/13 TD/int vs 34/29, 60.3% completion vs 55.7%...
With selected stats, you can prove anything. However, Volek might well be worth more on the market than Ramsey if his knee will pass a medical exam.
Huddle is offline  
Old 02-24-2006, 11:51 PM   #37
Special Teams
 
Huddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 352
Re: Does Ramsey Have Some Trade Control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
A couple of other guys who could be on the market that have shown more than Ramsey are Griese and Kerry Collins. I think That Guy put it best, if Ramsey goes to a team he likes it will be coincidental. I'm sure the Redskins will take into consideration where he'd like to be traded to, but in the end they have to do what's best for the Washington Redskins, not Patrick Ramsey.
So, if Ramsey won't sign a new agreement, what teams do you think would be possible trade partners, interested in renting him for a year?
Huddle is offline  
Old 02-24-2006, 11:58 PM   #38
Special Teams
 
Huddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 352
Re: Does Ramsey Have Some Trade Control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
well it kinda nukes the ramsey has control of his trade arguement, since he has to play for his future contract and any team he wants to go to has to offer value equal to what the club he doesn't want to go to offers.
Here's the scenario:

Ramsey is willing to sign a two or three year deal with team A but not with B. Don't you agree that his value to team A is higher and therefore they are in a better position to compensate the Redskins than team B?
Huddle is offline  
Old 02-25-2006, 12:00 AM   #39
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,810
Re: Does Ramsey Have Some Trade Control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddle
So, if Ramsey won't sign a new agreement, what teams do you think would be possible trade partners, interested in renting him for a year?
Well the Dolphins or Jets are the most commonly mentioned. Particularly if let's say one of them is able to draft Jay Cutler. The Saints would fall into that category (by the way, might as well add Aaron Brooks to the list of QBs that could be available this spring). And that might be where he'd like to be, since it's close to home. And if the Raiders do part ways with Kerry Collins, I'd be really surprised if they think the answer is Tuiasosopo.

Then there's the other extreme. He goes somewhere where he sits for one more year but takes over in 2007. If the Vikings part ways with Daunte, they'll have 38 year old Brad Johnson behind center, the Chiefs have 36 year old Trent Green. How many more years do those guys have?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 02-25-2006, 12:05 AM   #40
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Does Ramsey Have Some Trade Control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddle
With selected stats, you can prove anything. However, Volek might well be worth more on the market than Ramsey if his knee will pass a medical exam.
those are their career stats, how are you suppposed to measure QBs? instead of decrying the arguement just because it doesn't support your point, how about rebutting it with actual facts?

volek - 278.8ypg (including 426 and 492 yard games)
ramsey - 206.11ypg

the only stat ramsey has thats better is w/l, volek is 3-7, ramsey is 9-13 (discounting the two games he started but left with injury immediately)
neither one has a great w/l and the skins have generally been more talented.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline  
Old 02-25-2006, 12:10 AM   #41
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Does Ramsey Have Some Trade Control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddle
Here's the scenario:

Ramsey is willing to sign a two or three year deal with team A but not with B. Don't you agree that his value to team A is higher and therefore they are in a better position to compensate the Redskins than team B?
ramsey would be a moron to sign a new deal with anyone because if he thinks he can start, whatever contract he'll get will be for peanuts and he'll lose his 1.6mill payday. If any team is offering him a good contract he'll sign it regardless of where it is. The skins only care about what they'll get, not what ramsey wants or his new contract. Ramsey isn't Brady or Peyton, he has no power to name his conditions. He'd happily accept any good contract offer or be the rented mule in hopes of getting a much better deal in 2007...

speaking of which, signing a new deal when the NFL might go uncapped would also be a bad idea.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline  
Old 02-25-2006, 12:15 AM   #42
Special Teams
 
Huddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 352
Re: Does Ramsey Have Some Trade Control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
Well the Dolphins or Jets are the most commonly mentioned. Particularly if let's say one of them is able to draft Jay Cutler. The Saints would fall into that category (by the way, might as well add Aaron Brooks to the list of QBs that could be available this spring). And that might be where he'd like to be, since it's close to home. And if the Raiders do part ways with Kerry Collins, I'd be really surprised if they think the answer is Tuiasosopo.

Then there's the other extreme. He goes somewhere where he sits for one more year but takes over in 2007. If the Vikings part ways with Daunte, they'll have 38 year old Brad Johnson behind center, the Chiefs have 36 year old Trent Green. How many more years do those guys have?
I think you misunderstood the question.

I asked which teams might be interested in trading for Ramsey in the final year of his contract assuming he would not sign a new deal with them. I'm certain you don't think that all those teams would give up a draft pick or a useful player for Ramsey given those conditions.
Huddle is offline  
Old 02-25-2006, 12:20 AM   #43
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,810
Re: Does Ramsey Have Some Trade Control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddle
I think you misunderstood the question.

I asked which teams might be interested in trading for Ramsey in the final year of his contract assuming he would not sign a new deal with them. I'm certain you don't think that all those teams would give up a draft pick or a useful player for Ramsey given those conditions.
I see. But why do you think he would be so choosy? He's still young and just wants a chance to play I believe. I don't think this is a case of him being someone at the end of his career and just waning to play in front of his home crowd, or wanting one last shot at a ring.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 02-25-2006, 12:29 AM   #44
Special Teams
 
Huddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 352
Re: Does Ramsey Have Some Trade Control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
ramsey would be a moron to sign a new deal with anyone because if he thinks he can start, whatever contract he'll get will be for peanuts and he'll lose his 1.6mill payday. If any team is offering him a good contract he'll sign it regardless of where it is.
You say "Ramsey would be a moron to sign a new contract with anyone..." and then "If any team is offering him a good contract he'll sign it regardless of where it is." Didn't you just contradict yourself?

Anyway. The smart move for Patrick IMO would be to sign a two-year deal with a team that might best support him in establishing himself as a bona fide starting QB. The Skins would be well-served to trade with teams of Ramsey's choice because his willingness to sign a two or three year deal would enhance his current market value.
Huddle is offline  
Old 02-25-2006, 12:38 AM   #45
Special Teams
 
Huddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 352
Re: Does Ramsey Have Some Trade Control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
I see. But why do you think he would be so choosy? He's still young and just wants a chance to play I believe. I don't think this is a case of him being someone at the end of his career and just waning to play in front of his home crowd, or wanting one last shot at a ring.
Pride and Money.

Let's say he signs a three-year deal with the Jets. That works for the Skins but not for Ramsey. Given the Jets current state, we can predict that they will be bottom feeders for the next three years and that their losses would principally be blamed on the QB. What does that do for his pride and how much is he worth when that deal expires.
Huddle is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34163 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25